Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Hunter

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greg007


Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Justin Hunter Reply with quote

I like this kid. Question if we somehow got lets say 3 second round picks. Would you use one on him. Lets face it even though we have WR's we cant turn down any playmakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mijags


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 3206
Location: kalamazoo, mi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know hunter has never had any issue of the character kind. just an injury that happened 2 years ago........


also hunter could be, in a relatively short time, the best WR on this team....all the talent is there, just need to know how well he's recovered from his ACL tear in 2011.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
as far as i know hunter has never had any issue of the character kind. just an injury that happened 2 years ago........


also hunter could be, in a relatively short time, the best WR on this team....all the talent is there, just need to know how well he's recovered from his ACL tear in 2011.......
pretty sure he has some work ethic and mentality issues as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the guy as a player for sure but what I dont understand is that LT and WR are the only positions on the whole team that dont need an immediate upgrade. And yet people still want too spend high picks on those positions. Something crazy might happen too where the value is just too good too ignore like let's say if Fischer falls too 33 but in general we have bigger needs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
I like the guy as a player for sure but what I dont understand is that LT and WR are the only positions on the whole team that dont need an immediate upgrade. And yet people still want too spend high picks on those positions. Something crazy might happen too where the value is just too good too ignore like let's say if Fischer falls too 33 but in general we have bigger needs.


Would rather have Corradelle Patterson as I view him as the next Percy Harvin with a much bigger frame.

I live in TN and Justin Hunter was good before, but the injury definitely hampered him. He just didn't look like the same player. Patterson transferred to UT and completely outshined him.

If Patterson fell that would be amazing. But he shouldn't make it out of the top 20 imo.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20782
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we even consider WR in the first two rounds.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22103
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like plenty of wide receivers in this draft, but we aren't picking one early.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3604
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I doubt we even consider WR in the first two rounds.


Yeah. I'd say of all the positions other than Punter/Kicker, it's probably safest to say we won't pursue a WR in the first 2 rounds.

There are a lot of mid to late round guys that i could see garnering some consideration as picks for us. But with MoMass added to the fold, on top of B14ckmon/ShortsIII/Shipley/etc. i'm not even convinced we'll see anyone drafted at WR this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83915
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.


i thought he had injury issues, not character
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.


i thought he had injury issues, not character
no. he failed some drug tests and was kicked out of Tennessee. I have heard Julio Jones comparisons regarding talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83915
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.


i thought he had injury issues, not character
no. he failed some drug tests and was kicked out of Tennessee. I have heard Julio Jones comparisons regarding talent.


I'm like 99% sure you are talking about Da'rick Rogers...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.


i thought he had injury issues, not character
no. he failed some drug tests and was kicked out of Tennessee. I have heard Julio Jones comparisons regarding talent.


I'm like 99% sure you are talking about Da'rick Rogers...
exactly. please note the original comment you commented on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22103
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
If we are going for talented guys with issues, give me Da'Rick Rogers.


i thought he had injury issues, not character
no. he failed some drug tests and was kicked out of Tennessee. I have heard Julio Jones comparisons regarding talent.


I'm like 99% sure you are talking about Da'rick Rogers...

Laughing
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group