Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Why does everyone here predict we lose to the Raiders? That can't happen now that we have Gradkowski! He and he alone was the "Steeler" killer.

Muah, ah, ah, aaahhhh...our plan is finally falling into place!!

But yeah, the early bye kinda blows, but we shall prevail, regardless. Not excited about playing GB, in GB, in Dec, RIGHT before Christmas...bah, humbug!

Didn't Palmer beat us this year????

Yes he did Sad

Did we have Gradkowski last year???

No we didn't!!! Cool

His "aura" alone will ensure our victory!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
ironcity40

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year since 2009, the Steelers have had 3 home games in December. Coincidence? Or can Rooney put in a request for that?

As a fan, I prefer going to sunny games in September / early October. In most cases, the late December frigid home games end up being meaningless and I end up selling or giving away my tickets. I'm all for attending a cold game in the elements every now and again, just wish some years we'd get 3 home September or October games and one December game.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll forget the Europe games when they stop making money. Which I imagine they may do when the novelty wears off for most people.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
They'll forget the Europe games when they stop making money. Which I imagine they may do when the novelty wears off for most people.

Seriously doubt that.

The novelty may play a small part, but there are a ton of fans over there.

Now, if they try to expand beyond what they are doing, then I could see interest dropping off, but if they keep one or two games over there every year, I expect them to sell out every single time, or at least come close to it.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

Seriously doubt that.

Now, if they try to expand beyond what they are doing, then I could see interest dropping off, but if they keep one or two games over there every year, I expect them to sell out every single time, or at least come close to it.

I wish there were more up north then.

People bandwagon the London games similar to the Super Bowl in my experience. Suddenly everyone is an NFL fan, that's why I think of it as a novelty for most people.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

Seriously doubt that.

I wish there were more up north then.

People bandwagon the London games similar to the Super Bowl in my experience. Suddenly everyone is an NFL fan, that's why I think of it as a novelty for most people.

Possibly, but I dont expect interest to fade to the point where it wouldnt be beneficial to the NFL.

Even if it is just novelty, as long as they dont try to put too many games over there, I think it will still be successful for the foreseeable future.

I will, however, say (and have been saying it for awhile) that the notion of putting a full time team over there is beyond stupid. I dont think it will ever happen, but under Goodell, ya never know.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped for week 4. I wish it was in Minnesota though. I wanted to go! Sad

Alright, so I've been down on the Steelers this whole offseason, but I'm going to predict a 9-7 record. It might just be good enough to get us into the playoffs.

A lot will depend on how good this upcoming draft is though.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some MUST READ TRASH TALK!

kmvoss wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1 - At Denver
2 - Cleveland
3 - Houston
4 - at Buffalo
5 - at Miami
6 - Green Bay
7 - at Pittsburgh
9 - at Cleveland
10 - Cincinnati
11 - at Chicago
12 - New York Jets
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - Minnesota
15 - at Detriot
16 - New England
17 - at Cincinnati

I really don't see a game here I don't think we should win. Denver isn't going to beat us in the opener. Cleveland both times, Cincy both times, Buffalo, Miami, Jets, Lions are easy Ws. I think any team with a bad OL is going to get eaten alive against our front 7 so Im not worried about Green Bay, Chicago, or Pittsburgh. Minnesota is tough but it's following a Thursday game which is pretty much a bye and we are at home. So Im not sweating that one. So that leaves Houston and New England. Both at home and both I think we are better than.

You lose to some teams you shouldn't. Injuries happen. So Im not calling it yet. For now I'm just going to say 14+ wins.

kmvoss wrote:

I think the AFC north will be very close with the three top teams going between 9-7 and 10-6. The Steelers will finish 4-12. Smile

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1 - At Denver
2 - Cleveland
3 - Houston
4 - at Buffalo
5 - at Miami
6 - Green Bay
7 - at Pittsburgh
9 - at Cleveland
10 - Cincinnati
11 - at Chicago
12 - New York Jets
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - Minnesota
15 - at Detriot
16 - New England
17 - at Cincinnati

I really don't see a game here I don't think we should win. Denver isn't going to beat us in the opener. Cleveland both times, Cincy both times, Buffalo, Miami, Jets, Lions are easy Ws. I think any team with a bad OL is going to get eaten alive against our front 7 so Im not worried about Green Bay, Chicago, or Pittsburgh. Minnesota is tough but it's following a Thursday game which is pretty much a bye and we are at home. So Im not sweating that one. So that leaves Houston and New England. Both at home and both I think we are better than.

You lose to some teams you shouldn't. Injuries happen. So Im not calling it yet. For now I'm just going to say 14+ wins.

As far as the part that you bolded, im pretty sure he is talking more about the fact that they then have 8-9 days between playing us and Minn and it being at home, rather than actually calling us a "bye".

If he was to actually think that a Thanksgiving Night, rivalry game against Pittsburgh is a "Bye"...there is a lot more wrong with him than just that statement...
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:

As far as the part that you bolded, im pretty sure he is talking more about the fact that they then have 8-9 days between playing us and Minn and it being at home, rather than actually calling us a "bye".

If he was to actually think that a Thanksgiving Night, rivalry game against Pittsburgh is a "Bye"...there is a lot more wrong with him than just that statement...

For his sake, I hope you're right, but when you read it..that's not the way it sounds.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

kmvoss wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1 - At Denver
2 - Cleveland
3 - Houston
4 - at Buffalo
5 - at Miami
6 - Green Bay
7 - at Pittsburgh
9 - at Cleveland
10 - Cincinnati
11 - at Chicago
12 - New York Jets
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - Minnesota
15 - at Detriot
16 - New England
17 - at Cincinnati

kmvoss wrote:

I think the AFC north will be very close with the three top teams going between 9-7 and 10-6. The Steelers will finish 4-12. Smile

What a shock.

Those are two of the most dimwitted Steeler trolls on this entire site. All they do is post nonsense about the Steelers without a shred of logic to back them up. Seriously, if you ever challenge them on any of their claims, they dont even respond most of the time, and when they do, its just more illogical garbage.

Fortunately, even their fellow Ravens fans think they are a joke, so dont take them seriously.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
1 - At Denver
2 - Cleveland
3 - Houston
4 - at Buffalo
5 - at Miami
6 - Green Bay
7 - at Pittsburgh
9 - at Cleveland
10 - Cincinnati
11 - at Chicago
12 - New York Jets
13 - Pittsburgh
14 - Minnesota
15 - at Detriot
16 - New England
17 - at Cincinnati

He keeps arguing that since they have 2 Thursday Night games, that they basically have 3 bye weeks because they have a few extra days off, but doesnt ever mention that that also means they have 2 very short weeks for that very same reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: