You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is what the Oakland Raiders WILL & WON'T do...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francis_doobie wrote:
i agree with all except the trading jerry porter, with shell gone he can be a top reciever again

Porter stopped wanting to play for the Raiders when they signed Randy Moss. He thinks he can be a #1 reciever and keeping him around is just gonna bring down the Raiders. We should trade him for a 4th rd pick because thats really all he's worth and move on.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what the Oakland Raiders WILL & WON'T do... Reply with quote

JustWinBaby2006 wrote:
i dont agree with the peterson quote.. jamal lewis ran for 2000 yards when his team had no passing game, that arguement is flawed.

True, but that was a once in a lifetime season and they had one of the best TE's in the league on their team so I think they did have a passing game. Its not like they ran the ball every play that season. Teams centered in on the run when they played the Raiders this year because they knew if they forced the pass, we would most likely self destruct. It won't matter if we draft AP if defenses around the league focus on the run when they play the Raiders. We need a passing threat to even think about having a productive running game next year and Aaron Brooks or Andrew Walter have already proven their not the solution.
pfassad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders will trade Porter, not Moss, after all it wasn't Moss that parked in Al's parking spot....which was a spit in the face. Personally, I would love to see the Raiders trade Porter and our 4th round pick (maybe a 3rd) for Larry Fitzgerald.

All of our first day picks will be exclusively devoted to skill positions. If we pick another lineman before the 6 th rd I'll be pissed. Our entire line is still within their first 5 seasons....we don't need to get younger. We need a RB and TE that has a clue when it comes to a blitz pickup....and mix in some shotgun, and an outlet route or two.

The way I see it our first pick has to be JeMarcus Russell....or Adrian Peterson.

I will be absolutely disillusioned if we take Quinn or Thomas or Johnson.

We will not Hire Shoop as HC. We Will hire Dennis Green....or promote Ryan.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:
....when was that last time a team traded down their #1 overall pick, really? If you can tell me then I'll stand corrected, but I just don't see it....

The Chargers traded their first selection--Eli Manning--for Rivers and essentially Merriman.

Not long before, they traded their number one--Vick--for number five--Tomlinson and a second round pick--Brees.

I'd say that trading down paid off for them twice in recent history.

I think you stand corrected.
just_win_ty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

HiFi wrote:
just_win_ty wrote:
....when was that last time a team traded down their #1 overall pick, really? If you can tell me then I'll stand corrected, but I just don't see it....

The Chargers traded their first selection--Eli Manning--for Rivers and essentially Merriman.

Not long before, they traded their number one--Vick--for number five--Tomlinson and a second round pick--Brees.

C'mon man. I meant the pick, not a player. San Diego didn't trade their #1 pick, they traded Eli Manning. The Raiders would have to draft somebody either Cleveland or Tampa Bay wants to even think about a trade. But your right, the Chargers did trade down in the draft to get possibly the best RB ever. If you really think the Al Davis is gonna take that risk for AP, keep dreaming.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:
HiFi wrote:
just_win_ty wrote:

C'mon man. I meant the pick, not a player. San Diego didn't trade their #1 pick, they traded Eli Manning. The Raiders would have to draft somebody either Cleveland or Tampa Bay wants to even think about a trade. But your right, the Chargers did trade down in the draft to get possibly the best RB ever. If you really think the Al Davis is gonna take that risk for AP, keep dreaming.

But it was the pick because the teams agreed to the deal assuming that certain players were available at certain picks. For example: The Giants had to be able to draft Rivers, and then the Chargers would agree to the deal. Sure, the picks were made and then the pick came, but it was pick for pick with the understanding that certain players would be involved once drafted. For us to trade down, we may want to wait until draft day and tell another team that a certain player has to be taken by them and then we will trade whoever we drafted at number one for that team.

It's a pretty simple concept, and it is pick for pick at a base level. I'm not arguing whether it's feasible that we trade down or not, I'm just saying that those number one picks were traded as picks, and the teams just needed to make sure their player was going to be available when the time came.

Eli Manning was the number one pick, so they traded the number one pick. The Chargers knew that the Giants wanted Manning, so they picked him for the Giants and the Giants took Rivers for the Chargers. I'd say they traded picks since they made the picks for one another.

And the Vick and Tomlinson picks were traded before the picks were made, so you still stand corrected regardless of your feelings on the other deal.

Last edited by HiFi on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Football Buff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis doesn't know what he wants....yet Reply with quote

just_win_ty wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
I guarantee he hasn't made up his mind, so trading the pick is still a possibility.

He has a lot of evaluating to do before settig his choice in stone.

With so many needs and several scenrios to fill them he has a lot of options to run through and decipher.

I agree our new coach finds a way to patch up the Moss mess, and hopeffully Moss has enough pride to try to make a huge comeback and show some integrity....and there is a possibility we keep Porter. With these two guys under contract, why go after Calvin?

Getting rid of both WILL NOT happen.

Yeah the Raiders do have holes in more than one offensive position that need to be addressed in the draft and FA, but when was that last time a team traded down their #1 overall pick, really? If you can tell me then I'll stand corrected, but I just don't see it. Al Davis will have more than enough evidence he needs to make a decision on who he wants by the time the draft comes around.

chargers traded down with atlanta and atlanta drafted some vick guy and the chargers drafted some tomlinson guy and stockpiled picks Wink
Chris Huntley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yuppy - please don't mention the Raiders drafting Hawkeye players ever again. Robert Gallery and Nick Bell are two of the biggest draft busts the Raiders have ever had. No Hawkeyes please.
Aussiedawg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would the browns trade a pick when they have more holes than swiss cheeze??
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATREZ MILNER from Georgia will be the best TE available day 2. He should be our guy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: