You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders LBs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redpuma09

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Raiders LBs Reply with quote

I love Kirk Morrison in the middle and Thomas Howard on the outside.

But besides these two beast we really dont have a soild third OLB. Sam Williams is always hurt or never plays at full potential. I was thinking about Darnell Bing, but i do not know what happend to him, do you know the situtaion with him? I think we got to try him out, and i believe he could be the missing peace to the run stopping Def. Instead of getting a higher paid DT, put Bing and all the LBs will be strong. Have Sapp, and Kelly in the middle. Burgess and (Draft pick or FA's. Maybe Justin Smith or even Freeney would be awesome) as rushers. Then Howard, Morrison, Bing, and the CB's Fabian and Nadmi with of course Huff and S.S.

With this Def, I think we could be as good as anyone else. And we can be like the Ravens and have a soild Def and an okay Off. This is a strong Def, and with the additions of J.R. and with a new coach and Moss, Porter and Jordon health and back the Off will be okay.

Playoff Run???
nickdawg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders LBs Reply with quote

Redpuma09 wrote:
I love Kirk Morrison in the middle and Thomas Howard on the outside.

But besides these two beast we really dont have a soild third OLB. Sam Williams is always hurt or never plays at full potential. I was thinking about Darnell Bing, but i do not know what happend to him, do you know the situtaion with him? I think we got to try him out, and i believe he could be the missing peace to the run stopping Def. Instead of getting a higher paid DT, put Bing and all the LBs will be strong. Have Sapp, and Kelly in the middle. Burgess and (Draft pick or FA's. Maybe Justin Smith or even Freeney would be awesome) as rushers. Then Howard, Morrison, Bing, and the CB's Fabian and Nadmi with of course Huff and S.S.

Bing was hurt early in the preseason, and was placed on IR. Not because the injury was that bad, but because (I assume) Oakland didn't want to "waste" a roster spot on a player who is learning a new position from scratch, and whose only contribution would be on special teams.

I expect to see him on the field next preseason, with our first team D.

As far as Sam Williams goes, yeah, he's been hurt. A lot. But, he did play in (I think) 12 games this year and, although his stats aren't eye-popping, he did contribute to our terrific defense.

You'll have to wait for someone who actually gets to see the games on a regular basis to chime in on what they think of him. I live in PA, so I get the Eagles and Steelers force-fed to me every week.
Young Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expect bing to be on the first team defense next year.. Sam Williams made some good plays this year. but i would like to see Bing and Sam share time ..
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bing will be a very good young player next year. Hes a bit of a project but he was a big hitter in college and he has good speed. He has all the tools to be a good linebacker and with him Howard and Morrison we should be exceptional at that position.
mhuff24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if bing turns into a good player next year we could have the best lb core in the NFL in a few years
Juan00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Thomas was better than Williams in spurts, but Williams was decent. The LB position, for once in a long time, is one of the positions that I'm not worried about at all. I think Williams will improve since this was the first time he's played a full season of football since he was at Fresno State and if Bing blossoms then it's just another bonus.

On defense, Oakland only really needs to replace Brayton at the RE and add depth to the DT position.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Juan. Robert Thomas had some solid stretches, especially near the end of the season. I think we would be okay without making any significant moves at the position--since we also have Bing waiting in the wings--so I have no real concern at this spot. The line is my point of concern.
silverandblack6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a big run stuffer at DT is our biggest need on defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: