Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Location: Jax, Florida (per the Navy)
|Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:59 pm Post subject: RebelTitan24's MOCK (1st of 2)*
"With the 10th Pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans Select ............"
** Explanations and Opinions on These Picks at the Bottom**
--<>-- 1st Round -~- (10th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ OG/C - Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina < Sr 6'2 315lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnFNnW0IoM
--<>-- 2nd Round -~- (40th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ SS - Matt Elam, Florida < Jr 5'10 210lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRa5jbVqpM
--<>-- 3rd Round -~- (70th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ DE - Cornelius Washington, Georgia < Sr 6'4 265lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSD-XriyTQ
--<>-- 3rd Round -~- (97th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ WR - Ryan Swope, Texas A&M < Sr 6'0 205lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8
--<>-- 4th Round -~- (107th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ MLB - A.J. Klein, Iowa State < Sr 6'1 250lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccA5hvUaX-8
--<>-- 5th Round -~- (142nd Overall Pick) --<>--
~ CB/S - Sanders Commings, Georgia < Sr 6'0 215lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAItrkzwDA
--<>-- 6th Round -~- (202nd Overall Pick) --<>--
~ DT/DE - Nicholas Williams, Samford < Sr 6'5 310lbs >
Highlights : http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/nick-williams?id=2540279#
--<>-- 7th Round -~- (216th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ WR - Ace Sanders, South Carolina < Sr 5'7 175lbs >
Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gGZ8eVzpY
--<>-- 7th Round -~- (248th Overall Pick) --<>--
~ DE - Tourek Williams, Florida International < Sr 6'3 260lbs >
Highlights : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUC0uxEAJEE
What this Draft does for the Depth Chart:
- Cooper Starts immediately at RG and Solidifies the Line for the next Century. I chose Cooper over Warmack due to Scheme and Versatility, Warmack is a Pure Mauler, but Cooper is a Athletic Freak for a Interior Lineman who will help implement the line to adjust to a mobile quarterback.
- Elam's height and Bob Sanders type of tackling is the reason I believe hell be available at this spot. This pick would be the STEAL of the draft and if hes not starting he will blow it up on Special Teams and Learn from Two SS vets that were just signed (Pollard and Wilson) and Eventually Start as early as the end of the upcoming season.
- Washington is a Pure Pass-Rushing DE that not only add quality depth, but will also one day take over for another veteran on the line (Wimbley). Played as a 3-4 DE at Georgia which is why his stats are sub-par, but as a pass rusher, his upside is nothing less than ridiculous.
- Swope, the record holder at Texas A&M for career receptions and 100 yard games, will start at Slot and I believe has the potential to take over as #2 in-case Britt is not resigned and Washington is shown the door.
- Klein will add a true run stuffing MLB to the LB Core and will also be a great backup for McCarthy, Which looking at the past is DESPERATELY Needed. Shares the Record for Most Interceptions returned for TD's in the NCAA by a LB.
- Commings is a Big Lengthy CB who has more than enough size to kick inside to S if need be.
- N. Williams is a bit of a tweener much like a Mohamed Wilkerson and JJ Watt type player. Able to play any position on the line cept Nose, but a great value seeing as how the defense will implement more 3-4 looks this season.
- Ace Sanders is Fragile but a Playmaker with the ball in his hands. Small and not very sturdy but has the potential to be a pro bowl return man if nothing else.
- T. Williams is another small school DE that will add some more much needed depth and might actually blossom into a starter one day. Huge Upside.