Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pouncey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosteelers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I like Pouncey. I do feel that he should be better or at least more consistent than what he has shown. Maybe my expectations for him were too high after being taken in the first round but I thought by now he would be a dominant center and at least a top three center in the league. That hasn't happened yet. I would probably put him in the top 5-7 range in the game which isn't bad at all but I definitely feel, with the potential he had coming out, he should be ranked higher than that by now. He's one of the most athletic centers in the game and hopefully, like others have mentioned, a new coach will make him better. Still when it comes to the question marks of the team he isn't close to being one of the main ones at all.

I don't know but I don't think a new coach makes a damn bit of difference. He isn't good blocking big people. He needs to get stronger and add weight IMO. He is good at most stuff but taking on guys and moving them back plain and simple.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I think Pouncey has shown a bit of gutlessness, personally. People get on Gilbert for his injury (supposedly soft), yet it turned out to be more serious than fans knew. He left the field for two playoff runs. A tweet from the same night of a playoff defeat he wasn't on the field for...after promoting a rap album right after the game:
“season is over time 2 move on and get better!! What do u do for a living besides bothering me right now and reading my TL #lame"

The "leader" of the OL...

His play on the field is overhyped. He is very athletic, but I never understood the obsession with guys who pull or get to the second level...if they aren't all that great at the line of scrimmage. I think he would be a better fit in a zone scheme.

The real question I have is, how much is he worth when his contract is up? I think he gets a big deal from the Steelers, and I'm not sure his play has warranted it so far.

When did music have anything to do with a football related injury?

Almost all Pouncey's injuries have been his ankle and knee which for a entire OL is essential.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

When did music have anything to do with a football related injury?

It was right after the Denver loss. Same night and he is on twitter promoting a rap song, and than his first reaction was to say the season was over. I don't know, but it doesn't come across as a guy too broken up about what happened.

Quote:

Almost all Pouncey's injuries have been his ankle and knee which for a entire OL is essential.

Gilbert also hurt his ankle, enough to end up on IR. I can't say exactly how serious Pouncey's injuries were, but no one is going to be calling him an iron man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: