Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Cordarelle Patterson "Pull a Randy Moss"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

having never seen him play, I'm a believer.....*

*what I believe, I'm not really sure yet
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its interesting reading this 15 years later: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1013947/index.htm
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Its interesting reading this 15 years later: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1013947/index.htm

Reading that makes me sad about what could have been and what wasn't.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Cordarrelle Patterson will fall past the Rams, twice.

I love Patterson as a prospect though, #2 player on my "big board".

Certainly he is raw, but you can physically see player that looks the part of a true outside receiver. The Vikes will have to trade up in my opinion, if they want Patterson.

Laughing
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I don't want to be Mr. Negativity or anything, but...

Does no one remember what happened the last time the Vikings traded away a troublesome star receiver and tried to replace him in the 1st Round? Does the name "Troy Williamson" ring a bell?

Anxious

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Cordarrelle Patterson will fall past the Rams, twice.

I love Patterson as a prospect though, #2 player on my "big board".

Certainly he is raw, but you can physically see player that looks the part of a true outside receiver. The Vikes will have to trade up in my opinion, if they want Patterson.

Laughing

Technically... Wink
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP is a beast. He won't touch moss's #s, but he will be a total force as a rookie. I just wish you guys had a more competent passer
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Does no one remember what happened the last time the Vikings traded away a troublesome star receiver and tried to replace him in the 1st Round? Does the name "Troy Williamson" ring a bell?

Anxious

yes, but that was the owner of the team, who shall not be mentioned by name, forcing a trade with no football background to evaluate players with.

Spielman and Studwell and Co have a better track record.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
milanb wrote:

Anxious

yes, but that was the owner of the team, who shall not be mentioned by name, forcing a trade with no football background to evaluate players with.

I'm just saying: WR is a notoriously difficult position to project, and Patterson is going to be asked to step in and replace the game's best slot receiver.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
milanb wrote:

Anxious

I'm just saying: WR is a notoriously difficult position to project, and Patterson is going to be asked to step in and replace the game's best slot receiver.

In the return game, but the fact we have Wright and signed Jennings means that he isn't like Williamson where there is clearly a 1 to 1 move, Jennings and Patterson were brought in to replace Harvin, so much less pressure, and more time to develop.

Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:

I don't think he is though. Maybe in the versatility role, but he won't get near the bulk of the load Percy got.
Krauser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the value of keeping Simpson now. Jennings / Simpson / Wright is already better than what we finished last year with, because Jennings is such an upgrade from Jenkins. That means whoever we take as a rookie WR can work into the lineup gradually.

Patterson might not start in the standard 2WR set at first (Moss didn't either early in his first year, it was Carter and Reed as starters). He can come in situationally and play Joker (like that Cosell Doctrine article), get some manufactured touches including end arounds and stuff from the backfield or the slot, line up at X receiver and run a few go routes and quick slants (he already runs a good slant apparently), plus return a few kicks or maybe even punts. Meanwhile Jennings can bounce to X or flanker as needed, and will be the reliable target except unlike Jenkins he can separate from coverage and unlike Simpson he's not going to drop too many first downs.

Pretty soon Patterson's getting 100 all purpose yards a game and he hasn't even had to run a precision route yet. And you better believe defences are going to have to account for him, which you can't say about most of the WRs left on the board now.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss played as many snaps as anyone. He was not targeted heavily early on in 1998, but as a result, was extremely effective. Moss was not fully unleashed until the week 5 MNF game in Green Bay where he was thrown SEVEM BOMBS in the game.

He caught 6.

Bombs 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 went for catches for 190 yards and 2 TDS. Bomb 5 was a 51 yard pass interference penalty. Bomb 1 was a 75 yard touchdown called back for holding away from the play.

Like Robert Griffin said after the game, "MOSS is ON THE LOOSE!".

Soon it will be CP's turn.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Moss played as many snaps as anyone. He was not targeted heavily early on in 1998, but as a result, was extremely effective. Moss was not fully unleashed until the week 5 MNF game in Green Bay where he was thrown SEVEM BOMBS in the game.

He caught 6.

Bombs 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 went for catches for 190 yards and 2 TDS. Bomb 5 was a 51 yard pass interference penalty. Bomb 1 was a 75 yard touchdown called back for holding away from the play.

Who?
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

He caught 6.

Who?

Robert Griffith?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: