Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Mock Draft results from across the pond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: GM Mock Draft results from across the pond Reply with quote

I just finished a GM mock draft on a danish site and this is what I got.

1st Round, 10th overall - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

To me Warmack is still the best guard in this draft. Cooper might be more versatile, but that doesn't make him a better guard to me. I don't give much for those who says that Warmack can't be a pulling guard, because he has great feet! Lotulelei, Milliner and Ansah were all gone so I decided to go with the best player available. Warmack will make Lockers job easier and if Locker doesn't succeed this this OL and the skil players around him I don't believe he should be the QB of the future. I really hope he does, but in case he doesn't, we will have an OL that can protect whoever it's going to be.

2nd round, 40th overall - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

I really wanted Cornelius Carradine, but he went to the Lions just before my pick. Williams is a 1st round prospect so I gladly picked him up in the 2nd round. He will be a good rotation guy early on, but should get the majority of the snaps early in his career, hopefully alongside Jurrell Casey.

3rd round, 70th overall - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

I was surprised that Williams was available in the 2nd round. I was even more surprised to see Wreh-Wilson here. But I'm not going to complain! A big and tall cover corner who lacks some in run support. He will allow Verner to slid inside when needed. He will be the fourth corner on the roster who measures 6'0 or taller, something I really like!

3rd round, 97th overall (comp. pick) - Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

As some of you know, I am really high on Williams. He is not going to be som multiple All-Pro guy, but I do believe he will be one those guy who will be a solid player for the next decade. He won't be one the stars on a team but definitely not a weakness. His leadership will earn him respect from the teammates early on. He is as solid as you can get. He tackles well, he seems to be around the ball a lot and he can make plays on the ball.

4th round, 107th overall - William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

This is the only pick, where I don't think I got good value. But he's not a reach either. Gholston is a good run-stopper with the potential to be great. He has the body you look for in a DE and he plays very aggressive. Gholston will, hopefully, spend a lot of hours with Keith Millard. That's what I believe Gholston would need. He definitely has the potential to be a very, very good footballplayer. But he could also end up as his cousin.

5th round, 142nd overall - Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia

Washington has played out of position some of the time at Georgia. At 260lbs he shouldn't be a 3-4 DE, where he has played quiet a bit. Again, I was surprised to see him available here after his Senior Bowl week. Especially after the rumors about the Jets wants him early on the second day. He could be a very good situational passrusher early on.

6th round, 202nd overall (comp. pick) - Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

Again, I feel like I good a lot of value! He had problems with the coaching staff af Washington State, but honestly, who haven't had problems with Mike Leach? Wilsons talent makes him too much to pass on here, especially if Washington gone.

7th round, 216th overall - Matt Summers-Gavin, OT, California

He seems to be a favorite among us Titans fans! Honestly, I hadn't heard of him prior to FFMD I, where you guys pointed him out. I likes his tape alot, and had considered him since the 5th round, so I was happy to see him around.

7th round, 248th overall (comp. pick) - Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt

I didn't plan to draft a RB, but all the LB's I was considering was picked just before me. So I went with BPA and hopefully Stacy could beat out Harper for that 3rd-string job.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. It would be pretty hard to complain if this happened.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome draft.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it except for not improving our depth at LB at all.

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
GatorCam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the DL depth we would've created from that draft. Warmack would start right away, and Williams/Gholston/Washington would all give us something as second stringers. I really like Williams and I've heard his stock is falling out of the first round. Hopefully we could grab him in the second round.

I really only want Warmack if Star/Floyd/Milliner are off the board. Still, fantastic draft. Really hope that happens.
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you guys like it!

ttitansfan4life, I understand what you mean. Through out the 5th, 6th and 7th round I was looking for a linebacker, but every time I thought there was a player with more value. When I picked Stacy with my last pick, I was heavily considering Dan Molls from Toledo. But I figured out he was more of a priority UDFA at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: