Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I wouldn’t hesitate to draft Austin or Patterson at 15.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could always be worse...

Have ya'll seen Mel's new mock? He has us taking Te'o at 15 but then landing Jamie Collins at 75.

Talk about your worst case, best case outcome ugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Could always be worse...

Have ya'll seen Mel's new mock? He has us taking Te'o at 15 but then landing Jamie Collins at 75.

Mel's always had miserable mock drafts. He's a great talent evaluator, miserable mock drafter.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Could always be worse...

Mel's always had miserable mock drafts. He's a great talent evaluator, miserable mock drafter.

Mel says it was more of what he would do as GM for each franchise and not really a mock draft.

Taking that into consideration, here's my take on it...

I'm not goin to sit here and knock on Te'o. I actually believe he's a very good football player and would pair with Lofton to give the Saints two studs on the inside but I just simply feel there are far more talented players that will be available at 15.

Landing Collins at 75 would be a god send! If, before the draft started... you told me that Jamie Collins would be there for the taking at 75, I would not even consider a OLB in the 1st round. I would be thinking trade, DE, DT, OT. Anything but OLB. The Value of Collins at 75 would far outweigh that of any of these guys in the top 15 so that pick would be excellent in my opinion.

Having said all that, while I would feel Te'o would be a reach at 15 I still feel he'd develop into a very good player for us and adding a dynamic edge rusher like Collins in the 3rd kinda makes up for the reach in the 1st. So looking at this in its entirety I think I'd grade that draft a B+.

Now that will be up for debate, mainly on how you feel about Te'o. I don't think any of us would be upset about Collins in the 3rd so this comes down to your evaluation on Manti.

Like I said before, I feel hes a very good player and I think people have kinda forgotten that. I understand what happened in the Alabama game but I also realize he was aware that the hoax story was goin to be breaking soon after that. As a kid with his future in doubt and the embrassment about to be placed on him, I give the kid a pass for having a bad outing against Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker and Eddie Lacy with all that on his mind.

Is he the 15th best player in this draft... no. Is he a top 25 pick, in my opinion... YES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
taquarih

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: absolutely not. Reply with quote

We have too much uncertainty in key positions.

Currently we have Colston and Graham are Pro Bowl calibur pass options in our offense.

Lance "sure hands" Moore is one of the best slot guys in the league.

I think Morgan showed last year he can stretch the field and make the difficult grab when he had the opportunity. Hopefully this year he replaces Devery and we should be all good til next years draft.

Also, I'm hopeful that Toon has something to offer.

so, I think We are good at wideout.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: absolutely not. Reply with quote

taquarih wrote:
We have too much uncertainty in key positions.

Currently we have Colston and Graham are Pro Bowl calibur pass options in our offense.

Lance "sure hands" Moore is one of the best slot guys in the league.

I think Morgan showed last year he can stretch the field and make the difficult grab when he had the opportunity. Hopefully this year he replaces Devery and we should be all good til next years draft.

Also, I'm hopeful that Toon has something to offer.

so, I think We are good at wideout.

Totally unrelated, but your avatar is wayyy too big, bro. Laughing Check the rules.

OT: Can anyone explain to me what they see in Tavon Austin? The guy's a 3rd rounder IMO; he'll be drafted way before then obviously, but I just don't see him being a stud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: