Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts sign former Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck to 2-years, $8M

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39978
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Colts sign former Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck to 2-years, $8M Reply with quote

Quote:
Well that didn't take long. Colts plan to sign former Titans QB Matthew Hasselbeck, who was released today, on Tuesday.


http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/313817370038775808

***Update***
Quote:
Star colleague @bkravitz confirmed from #Colts source, QB Matt Hasslebeck to agree to $8-mil, 2-year deal Tuesday to be Andrew Luck backup.


http://twitter.com/pwilson24/statuses/313847250809925634
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seriously27


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 3483
Location: Sleepytown USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little mentor signing. I don't mind it. Definitely one of the best options for a backup qb out there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23789
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:
A little mentor signing. I don't mind it. Definitely one of the best options for a backup qb out there.
LOL and they jumped on this guy. He was on the market for 5 hours from release to agreement
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeytonFan18


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 572
Location: Winnipeg
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
seriously27 wrote:
A little mentor signing. I don't mind it. Definitely one of the best options for a backup qb out there.
LOL and they jumped on this guy. He was on the market for 5 hours from release to agreement


Do you think him being a smart, studious QB who played for a divisional rival has anything to do with it?

Hahaha, I like this. He's certainly a capable back up.
_________________

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23789
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
seriously27 wrote:
A little mentor signing. I don't mind it. Definitely one of the best options for a backup qb out there.
LOL and they jumped on this guy. He was on the market for 5 hours from release to agreement


Do you think him being a smart, studious QB who played for a divisional rival has anything to do with it?

Hahaha, I like this. He's certainly a capable back up.
he's also an expert in the west coast offense which Pep's offense leans on. So cross your fingers nothing happens but we're in good hands nonetheless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39978
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Star colleague @bkravitz confirmed from #Colts source, QB Matt Hasslebeck to agree to $8-mil, 2-year deal Tuesday to be Andrew Luck backup.


http://twitter.com/pwilson24/statuses/313847250809925634
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColtsFan40


Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 1394
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best signing of the year! What he brings to the table as a leader and with his knowledge of the West Coast system is going to pay major dividens. He is going to be a major player in the growth of Luck. This is the first time in years that I have been comfortable with our backup QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell off my chair.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 945
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprises with Hass. You know him. He's good for coming in a game or two. Do not expect him to take the lead. Glad to see his career extended.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker YDS-266 TD-2 INT-0

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy-hjdg7OfE

always been a fan of him, really cool guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group