Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RPM's (Likely) Final Mock Draft (Re-Tooled)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
What is it with the first 2 picks being defense on every mock draft I see. We have no proven WR's except Jennings... Wright showed potential last year but thats it. Why wouldn't we get a WR in the first round especially if Patterson falls to us? (please dont say his character concerns)... Him falling seems to be getting more and more realistic as the Draft gets near. He's not Harvin. We have no idea what he will bring to us but he has ALOT more upside than any 2nd rd WR. Same goes for Keenan Allen. Too many good WR's to pass up in the 1st round. You need as many High Level/Elite college football players as we can get as weapons for Ponder why pass on them? But, other than that nice mock everywhere else.

Any WR drafted, will be considered potential. So I dont think you can use that as a knock against Jarius Wright.

but MN needs an outside receiver regardless of Wright, I dont trust relying on Jerome Simpson, who is also potential.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the argument if you have a receiver rated much higher than his peers. I don't. I think receivers 1-7 are all comparable, talent wise, and it depends on what you want for your system.

Robert Woods, like Jennings, is a guy that can move all over the field. If you're going to move Jennings all over you're going to have to have receivers who can also move around.

Then again, I'm a bigger Woods fan than most here.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reworked my draft a little bit with some of Spielman's and my own thoughts implemented.

1. Arthur Brown - LB - Kansas State
1. Cornellius "Tank" Carradine - DE - Florida State
2. Quinton Patton - WR - Louisiana State
3. Leon McFadden - CB - San Diego State
4. Akeem Spence - DT - Illinois
4. Hugh Thornton - OG - Illinois
5. Dennis Johnson - RB/RET - Arkansas
6. Daxton "Dax" Swanson - CB - Sam Houston State
7. Brandon Kaufman - WR - Eastern Washington
7. Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
7. Ray Ray Armstrong - SS - Miami/Faulkner College
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank is the only DE I'd consider in the first. I do think he goes much higher though. Miami or New Orleans would be my guess.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Tank is the only DE I'd consider in the first. I do think he goes much higher though. Miami or New Orleans would be my guess.

Don't think New Orleans grabs him due to their 34 switch.

The earliest I, personally, see him going is 19 to the Giants.
jam8891

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely nothing I said was a knock against Jarius Wright. I said he showed potential. Nothing More Nothing less. Thats not a knock. Thats saying we can't just assume he's going to pan out as a quality WR and think its ok to not draft one in the 1st. Yes, I'm fully aware that no WR in the draft is proven that he will be great in the NFL already but you usually have less a chance of a prospect being a bust if he is taken early....

Honestly, idk whats going to happen. I wouldnt be surprised if we did select defense with both picks in the 1st. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up for Patterson or Austin. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded back. I also wouldn't be surprised if we used our picks on Te'O (hopefully not. His National Championship performance scares me) and an under achieving CB.

I am just not a fan of going defense with both picks especially if Patterson or Allen is there. Which seems more and more likely as the draft gets near.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isnt a bad pick here, I like Carradine a lot and would be okay with him (AND ONLY HIM) if DE is the choice. But I think he is a top 19 lock at this point, I just dont see him falling outside the top 20.

Good work, i like it a lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: