Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The longer he stays around the better the chances are.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: The longer he stays around the better the chances are..... Reply with quote

Josh Brent will be with us next year. Lets think about it, if this was a cut and dry decision (to cut) wouldnt it have been done already?

I think the Cowboys are moving towards keeping him off camera until July, and slowly integrating him in.

And if he is, what does this do for DL depth? I think him and Rat could be a good duo in the 43 scheme allowing Hatch and Crawford to focus on DL with Lissemore in behind Rat and Brent. It would take the pressure of drafting a DL high.

This is all pending a suspension, and jail time of course. But for the future of the team, it could help beyond 2013.

What does everyone think?

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: The longer he stays around the better the chances are... Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Josh Brent will be with us next year. Lets think about it, if this was a cut and dry decision (to cut) wouldnt it have been done already?

I think the Cowboys are moving towards keeping him off camera until July, and slowly integrating him in.

And if he is, what does this do for DL depth? I think him and Rat could be a good duo in the 43 scheme allowing Hatch and Crawford to focus on DL with Lissemore in behind Rat and Brent. It would take the pressure of drafting a DL high.

This is all pending a suspension, and jail time of course. But for the future of the team, it could help beyond 2013.

I'm all about helping the guy, and waiting for due process, but if they don't release him after legal and nfl suspensions are decided, Jason can shove "RKG" up his you know what.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he killed a teammate and should probably spend about 5 years in prison. And, I think when he gets out of prison, he should be suspended another year. Therefore, I don't think we should even consider Brent as a viable option and should make all personnel decisions as if Brent wasn't even part of the team.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree. I simply think they are waiting until the Courts act. No sense in robbing him of a support system before the Justice System has rendered a decision. After his stay in jail he will likely serve a suspension. Simply put, his playing days are over.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he be suspended by the NFL, yes. But I think we're jumping to conclusions in that we think he will in fact get jail time. I don't know if it was this site or another but someone looked up the charges recieved in that county for similar events. It sounds crazy but the most hashed out was house arrest and probation. I personally would have a hard time cheering Brent on and want him off the team.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way as CT - I would have a really tough time cheering him on. I guess the only thing we can compare it to (and it's not really even close, but it's on a similar level) is Vick playing after the dog fighting charges. Now obviously he didn't kill his team mate in an act of complete stupidity, but I imagine it was really hard for Philly to root for him for a while
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: The longer he stays around the better the chances are... Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:

Josh Brent will be in prison next year, so we need not worry about his roster spot. Vehicular manslaughter while driving under the influence is a felony in most states, so he'll likely serve time. And as others have said, even after that, he'll likely be suspended by the NFL for a year. His playing days are over.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamEater53 wrote:
I feel the same way as CT - I would have a really tough time cheering him on. I guess the only thing we can compare it to (and it's not really even close, but it's on a similar level) is Vick playing after the dog fighting charges. Now obviously he didn't kill his team mate in an act of complete stupidity, but I imagine it was really hard for Philly to root for him for a while

Could also compare it to Donte Stallworths incident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:

Police said it would have been difficult to avoid the guy that ran into the street sober, and it was a very busy street. The guy supposedly ran through the middle of traffic, not a crosswalk, to try to catch his bus home. That's why he didn't get a severe sentence.
young_gunner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:

It is hard to compare this to the Stallworth case.
The person Stallworth hit was Drunk and crossed the street in the middle of the night in Darkness onto oncoming traffic. Stallworth was drunk at the time, but the circumstances are different.

Brent will serve a short sentence, 10-18 months. Will be suspended and no one might be interested in him after that.

I THINK that if the cowboys release him, they still take a cap hit, but if he is still on the roster and is Ineligible to play or IR him due to non-football related, they save the cap room.

*** can anyone help on this subject because I dont know if there is an exception for players against the CAP in those circumstances??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: