Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield in the Wind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
to demonstrate Winfield's resiliency, these are the other players drafted with him in the first round in 1999:

QB Tim Couch
QB Donovan McNabb
QB Akili Smith
QB Daunte Culpepper
QB Cade McNown

RB Edgerrin James
RB Ricky Williams

WR Torry Holt
WR David Boston
WR Troy Edwards

DB Champ Bailey
DB Chris McAlister
DB Antwan Edwards
DB Fernando Bryant

LB Chris Claiborne
LB Jevon Kearse
LB Andy Katzenmoyer
LB Al Wilson

OL John Tait
OL Damien Woody
OL Matt Stinchcomb
OL Luke Petitgout
OL L.J. Shelton
OL Aaron Gibson

DL Anthony McFarland
DL Ebenezer Ekuban
DL Lamar King
DL Reggie McGrew
DL Dimitrius Underwood
DL Patrick Kerney

Dimitrius Underwood...As a Michigan State fan and Vikings Fan...that hurts...we should never mention him again...

side note that draft was pretty decent at cb in the first...

Thanks to Jgoldiscool for the sig
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavydan85 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
to demonstrate Winfield's resiliency, these are the other players drafted with him in the first round in 1999:

QB Tim Couch
QB Donovan McNabb
QB Akili Smith
QB Daunte Culpepper
QB Cade McNown

RB Edgerrin James
RB Ricky Williams

WR Torry Holt
WR David Boston
WR Troy Edwards

DB Champ Bailey
DB Chris McAlister
DB Antwan Edwards
DB Fernando Bryant

LB Chris Claiborne
LB Jevon Kearse
LB Andy Katzenmoyer
LB Al Wilson

OL John Tait
OL Damien Woody
OL Matt Stinchcomb
OL Luke Petitgout
OL L.J. Shelton
OL Aaron Gibson

DL Anthony McFarland
DL Ebenezer Ekuban
DL Lamar King
DL Reggie McGrew
DL Dimitrius Underwood
DL Patrick Kerney

Dimitrius Underwood...As a Michigan State fan and Vikings Fan...that hurts...we should never mention him again...

side note that draft was pretty decent at cb in the first...

It looks like someone is having 'Winfield off to Washington State Withdrawal' symptoms.

Perhaps he should schedule a visit with .... Frasier Crane?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Antoine_Winfiels_contract_in_Seattle_tied_heavily_to_performance041813

That's not much money. And he allegedly refused more garanteed from the Vikings.

Spielman didn't handle this very well, in fact, he f*** up big time.

My favorite Viking.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of how it was handled the truth is that Winfield would have only been here one more year.

Personally, I don't feel like we are more than a fringe playoff team at this point even with Winfield. Might as well see what we have in our young guys IMO.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Antoine Winfield's 1yr deal with Seattle worth $2M including bonuses for games played. Another value move for Seahawks

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/324920407239036928
Tom Brady Tribute
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six days ago, multiple media outlets reported that Seattle's one-year agreement with Antoine Winfield is worth $3 million. They forgot to include “up to” in front of that.

Winfield’s deal, per a source with knowledge of the contract, has a base value of $2 million. Of that amount, $500,000 is tied to his presence each week on the active roster, at a rate of $31,250 per game. Winfield also received a $500,000 signed bonus, and $500,000 of his $1 million base salary is guaranteed. Another $1 million is available in incentives, based on playing time and interceptions.

At the time the reports surfaced of the value of Winfield’s deal, some suggested that the Vikings had a similar offer on the table. If Minnesota were offering a base deal of $3 million and Winfield opted to take a contract with a base value of $2 million, that’s an eye opener.

Then again, it’s possible that Minnesota’s deal was worth “up to” $3 million, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/18/winfields-deal-has-base-value-of-2-million/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings’ attempt to re-sign cornerback Antoine Winfield to a more cap-friendly contract failed when Winfield went to Seattle, but one of the cornerbacks who remains in Minnesota doesn’t think the team will miss him too much.

Chris Cook: “I definitely don’t see that being the case this year. We’ve got a lot of young, hungry guys. We put in a lot of extra time and we communicate very well and we spend a lot of time together bonding. I don’t think we’ll be what people think we’ll be. I think we’ll be probably, most definitely a top secondary this year.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/19/chris-cook-doesnt-think-vikings-will-suffer-without-antoine-winfield/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cook's attitude. Winfield's leadership will surely be missed, but I think the athleticism and youth that Cook, Xavier Rhodes and Josh Robinson all provide is something this team hasnt had at the position in a long while. If each of these players live up to there hype, MN has a potentially excellent trio of CBs to build around for the future. Throw in Harrison Smith, and you're looking at one of the leagues youngest secondaries.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Cook: "I'm looking forward to coming back if that's in the cards, and I definitely would love to stay here. It's a contract year, but I'm not playing for a contract. I'm just playing for a good year and playing for this team. I definitely know we're going to play a lot more press coverage, because we have two big guys on the outside now. Coach Frazier likes those type of guys on the outside. Everybody seems to like bigger guys on the outside now, and it's because of the big receivers now."

He joked that's the reason he went back to school this offseason to continue his anthropology studies at the University of Virginia, even though he has no idea what'd he do with the degree once he gets the nine remaining credits (all in Spanish) he needs to graduate.

Cook: "I just felt like it was something that would keep me grounded, just to keep me from doing too much partying -- too much of stuff that I didn't need to be doing. It's definitely helped me focus, kept me in one place, not traveling all over the place, having something to focus on definitely helped me out."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Chris_Cooks_advice_to_rookie_on_top_wideouts_Let_me_handle_them051913

Webmaster wrote:
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
I guess I don't get the venom that people develop for a team. We fans have nothing vested in it other than time and perhaps some cash spent on team gear or tickets. I'm not the one who has spent decades of his life training, practicing, playing, getting injured or sacrificing time away from home/loved ones. I'm not the one choosing where to spend my hundreds of millions of dollars.

I enjoy football, and I love the Vikings, but at the end of the day, it's entertainment; something to take my mind off of my 50 or 60 hour work weeks. There's very little sense in me getting angry or stressed out because of how a billion dollar organization chose to spend it's allotted funds.

Players come and go all the time. At some point, people who have devoted their lives to the game of football (and get paid significant amounts of money to do so) decided that this team was better off by letting Winfield go in the hopes they could get him back at a reduced price. It was a calculated risk, and the Vikings obviously felt that losing him was preferable to keeping him on the roster at 7 million dollars per year.

I don't particularly care for the move, but I root for the team and have far too many other things to be upset and concerned with in my life to get my blood pressure up over football decisions.

Great post WC!!!! This year I've decided not to get upset about the moves the team makes. There is one I would LOVE to see them make, as evidenced by my sig quote, but I know it's not going to happen, so I figure it's not worth getting my blood pressure up over it. Football is supposed to be fun, and that's the way I'm going to make it.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: