Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Anubiz wrote:
I'm telling you not sleep on Keenan Allen at all. He's going to be a stud and I'd bank on it.

I still like Allen a lot too but things aren't going in his favor. My biggest concern with him is the injury that he seems to not be getting over but even with that I'd be happy if the Ravens took him at 32.

Even if he is available at 32, I'm not sure that I'd risk a 1st on a guy who has several issues that could cost him games, especially since I don't really see him as significantly better than than Hopkins, Woods, Hunter, Williams, Rogers, Swope, or Patton, several of whom will still be available in round 2 or even round 3.

In fact, with his bad knee, bad 40, and a potential hot drug test, Allen might still be available at the end of round 2 as well.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are too many other talented wide receiver prospects in range this year to go with Allen given all the flags (injury, drug test, 4.75 40 at pro day).
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
Even if he is available at 32, I'm not sure that I'd risk a 1st on a guy who has several issues that could cost him games, especially since I don't really see him as significantly better than than Hopkins, Woods, Hunter, Williams, Rogers, Swope, or Patton, several of whom will still be available in round 2 or even round 3.

In fact, with his bad knee, bad 40, and a potential hot drug test, Allen might still be available at the end of round 2 as well.

I wouldn't put Allen significantly ahead of Hopkins (I like DeAndre more actually) but everybody else I'd definitely think he has an edge on everybody else. In my opinion the flags aren't enough to drop him out of consideration but I like other prospects too so I wouldn't be terribly upset if Baltimore passed on Allen (as long as they got another quality prospect).
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to mention that Allen's drug test issue wasn't a failure, but rather just a "red flag" -- ie, apparently it was too diluted or something that "could" be him trying to flush something out, or "could" be that he simply drank too much water beforehand. He will have to retake it.

That said, I personally don't see what the infatuation with Allen is at all. I have him as a late 2nd round guy. I've just never been impressed by him at all. Not speedy, average route runner, and average physicality. Personally, he's just barely above Bailey for me, and I like Bailey's potential more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Just want to mention that Allen's drug test issue wasn't a failure, but rather just a "red flag" -- ie, apparently it was too diluted or something that "could" be him trying to flush something out, or "could" be that he simply drank too much water beforehand. He will have to retake it.

That said, I personally don't see what the infatuation with Allen is at all. I have him as a late 2nd round guy. I've just never been impressed by him at all. Not speedy, average route runner, and average physicality. Personally, he's just barely above Bailey for me, and I like Bailey's potential more.

I thought he was impressive at CAL with who was throwing him the ball and with a lack of other weapons around him. I think if he goes to a team with a good QB and he isn't asked to be the only weapon he will be a big success.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:

I wouldn't put Allen significantly ahead of Hopkins (I like DeAndre more actually) but everybody else I'd definitely think he has an edge on everybody else. In my opinion the flags aren't enough to drop him out of consideration but I like other prospects too so I wouldn't be terribly upset if Baltimore passed on Allen (as long as they got another quality prospect).

I actually like Hopkins, Woods, Hunter, and Williams more than Allen, and think he should be grouped with Rogers, Swope and Patton.

But I think that we are largely on the same wavelength when it comes to Allen.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

As far as I can tell, Allen didn't fail a drug test, it was just a rumor hoping to make him fall. With regards to the 4.75 40 he wasn't 100% healthy. He wuld likely run a 4.5 at 100%.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, I think there's a great chance that Allen will be there for us at pick #32 with everything adding up at such a late juncture. With enough other receiver options, we might be able to trade down into the 2nd round and still pick up Allen... or perhaps we could go with say Cyprien in the first and then trade up for a falling Allen in the 2nd... the worst Allen's stock, the better our chance of being able to get him much later than he SHOULD be available.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to get one hell of a value with our first pick, whether it be staying put at 32 or trading back into the 2nd. Between guys like Allen, Elam, Teo, Cyprien, Ogletree, etc. there's a bunch of late 1st-early 2nd talents that would fit perfect with us. I really can't wait too see where we go.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
We're going to get one hell of a value with our first pick, whether it be staying put at 32 or trading back into the 2nd. Between guys like Allen, Elam, Teo, Cyprien, Ogletree, etc. there's a bunch of late 1st-early 2nd talents that would fit perfect with us. I really can't wait too see where we go.

I agree. I think the strongest point of this draft lies in the value between picks 25 and about 45.

Then I think the second strongest point of this draft is in the middle of the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there isn't more talk around here about Zach Line with as much love as Lonnie Pryor gets from some people.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm surprised there isn't more talk around here about Zach Line with as much love as Lonnie Pryor gets from some people.

Zach Line wasn't a true FB, so it is hard to project him forward to that position. Lonnie has already played the position great, and has more upside. When I scouted the position Line didn't even crack my top 5.

1. Lonnie Pryor
2. Kyle Juszcyk
3. Braden Wilson
4. Tommy Bohanon
5. Eric Stevens

Now if your talking H-Back, I don't see him being ranked highly either. It's a very deep draft for FB,TE,H-Back type players, a guy like Line just doesn't cut it in this draft. I see his fit being if he is lucky a change of pace power back in a stable of bad runners, while being a core STer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the trashed Indianapolis hotel room at February's Combine belonged to Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers WR Mark Harrison.

Yahoo Sports reported Monday that the trashed hotel room was littered with "urine and feces scattered about the bathroom, toothpaste on the mirror and garbage strewn about the room." Hopkins and Harrison have denied their involvement, and one GM told FOX Sports' Alex Marvez that Hopkins had left the room "several hours" before it was destroyed. While the incident was embarrassing to Combine organizers, we're not sure it'll affect Hopkins or Harrison's draft stock. Hopkins is a potential first-round pick. Harrison is a likely mid-rounder with 4.46 speed at a rocked-up 6-foot-3 and 231 pounds.

Wtf............EW!

But hopefully some teams are turned off. I still would want him at 32.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyone's thought's on John Simon? I think he could develop into a more athletic Jarrett Johnson. I'd love him in round 3-4 even though OLB isn't a position of need.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
What are everyone's thought's on John Simon? I think he could develop into a more athletic Jarrett Johnson. I'd love him in round 3-4 even though OLB isn't a position of need.

I think he's a bit redundant with us already having Courtney Upshaw to shut down the run. I'd much rather we're looking at guys with a strong pass rushing skillset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 35 of 38

Jump to: