You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Al Davis' brilliance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Al Davis' brilliance Reply with quote

Al does not want Brady Quinn, guaranteed. I know I sure as hell don't want him.

Overrated QB from an overrated team that looked horrible against good teams.

They barely beat Georgia Tech to open the year. I watched that game and Tech should have taken them. They then got crushed by Michigan, USC, and LSU.
Wins against Army, Air Force, Navy and Purdue are meaningless games with meaningless stats. I could care less how many TD's he threw against those chumps, and Al Davis is WAYYYY smarter than me.

Brady Quinn is not a winner. Davis will not draft a QB with that resume.

You think he'd pass on Leinart then draft Quinn? Anyone who thinks this is not an informed or educated Raider fan.

BUT.....

I can see the following playing out:

-The Raiders bring in Quinn for workouts and spout off how impressed they are with him and his future in this league.

-Negotiate a contract with him days before the draft

-Continue to feed the media hype machine with quotes and misinformation.

Then....BAMMM!!!
They trade the #1 pick to Cleveland for the works. I won't guess which picks, but he'll bend Cleveland over and steal their candy before they realize what hit them.

With any luck, Detroit takes Thomas or C.Johnson. Adams or Branch could go to them also, this is very likely considering they really need to start getting a defense that does not resemble warm butter and can compete with Chicago's and Minnesota's good defenses....then perhaps look to snag Troy Smith in the second or trade up to the lower first.

WITH THE NUMBER THREE PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE RAIDERS SELECT JAMARCUS RUSSEL OF LSU.

My only worry is that Washington or Houston could trade up to the #2 spot if they are high on Russel also.
The Redskins need a QB, and Houston appear to be at their ropes end with Carr.

If sometime in the offseason we trade Porter, we then scoop up Bowe in the 2nd round. I have a feeling the new coach will patch up the Moss fiasco....we get our OT help via free agency.

Brilliant!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, clueless.

Oakland may want to trade down but it won't be to Cleveland.
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as we know now about Russell, You better come with a Ricky Willaims type offer (all 8 picks) times 2 and take Randy Moss with you to be considered for any other.
raidersfan1281

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis' brilliance Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
The Redskins need a QB

The Redskins don't need a QB, at the end of the season Jason Campbell was doing very well.
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis' brilliance Reply with quote

raidersfan1281 wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
The Redskins need a QB

The Redskins don't need a QB, at the end of the season Jason Campbell was doing very well.

They were mildly satisfed with Campbell's play, they are looking to groom another in the event Campbell continues to be a mediocre QB.

The money Snyder has dropped on that team, he will bring in another QB to secure their 3-5 year future...may be a veteran, but who is out there? Other than Schaub, there are no experienced QB's with a bright future out there.
He certainly isn't interested in Plummer, rightfully so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis' brilliance Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:

They barely beat Georgia Tech to open the year. I watched that game and Tech should have taken them. They then got crushed by Michigan, USC, and LSU.
Wins against Army, Air Force, Navy and Purdue are meaningless games with meaningless stats. I could care less how many TD's he threw against those chumps, and Al Davis is WAYYYY smarter than me.

You think he'd pass on Leinart then draft Quinn? Anyone who thinks this is not an informed or educated Raider fan.

BUT.....

-The Raiders bring in Quinn for workouts and spout off how impressed they are with him and his future in this league.

Then....BAMMM!!!
They trade the #1 pick to Cleveland for the works. I won't guess which picks, but he'll bend Cleveland over and steal their candy before they realize what hit them.

With any luck, Detroit takes Thomas or C.Johnson. Adams or Branch could go to them also, this is very likely considering they really need to start getting a defense that does not resemble warm butter and can compete with Chicago's and Minnesota's good defenses....then perhaps look to snag Troy Smith in the second or trade up to the lower first.

WITH THE NUMBER THREE PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE RAIDERS SELECT JAMARCUS RUSSEL OF LSU.

My only worry is that Washington or Houston could trade up to the #2 spot if they are high on Russel also.

If sometime in the offseason we trade Porter, we then scoop up Bowe in the 2nd round. I have a feeling the new coach will patch up the Moss fiasco....we get our OT help via free agency.

Brilliant!

WOW.... you really know your stuff Rolling Eyes

Noone....NOONE knows what Al Davis is going to do, except maybe Chuck Norris!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Davis' brilliance Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:

BUT.....

Then....BAMMM!!!

Brilliant!

WOW.... you really know your stuff Rolling Eyes

Noone....NOONE knows what Al Davis is going to do, except maybe Chuck Norris!

Chuck Norris for head coach?

lol

Of course no one knows, but I think I have a feel for his style.

If they draft Quinn, I will eat a Taco Bell e-coli burrito.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody thought Tom Brady would do any thing in the pro. Nobody thought Joe Montana would be successful in the pros.

Most of your superstar QB's in the NFL have not had great college careers. You never know what will happen once the kid gets into camp.

I hope we don't take Quinn. Because HE WILL BE a great QB in the pros. And when he wins a superbowl and we are still losing 12 to 14 games a year, all raiders fans will be cursing Al Davis for not drafting him.

take AP or Russell and watch how bad a pick it turns out to be.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viking fan here i honestly dont meen to cause any problems here...but i extremely doubt that detroit will pass on Jamarcus Russel he is clearly the best looking QB so far out of him, Quinn, & Brohm...so i would think Al Davis would take him first overall. There has been some rumours of you guys sending Moss back to us for a 4th rounder how would you guys feel about that i personnaly would want to offer you Troy Williamson for Randy but even Al Davis isnt that stupid

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
bobby8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="raiderproud"]
Most of your superstar QB's in the NFL have not had great college careers. You never know what will happen once the kid gets into camp.
quote]

I dunno about that one man. im not 100%, but pretty sure, that peyton manning, drew brees, vince young, steve mcnair, carson palmer, tom brady, mike vick (while not throwing) all had pretty damn good college careers. maybe not national championship, top 5 teams all the time, but they won bowl games and played well in big games. which is why they get picked up in the first place. With the exception of maybe Jay Cutler, I dont think NFL teams are willing to pick up a guy unless he's proven he can win big games before.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, bobby8. Successful NFL quarterbacks may not have had insanely good college careers, but most of the time, they found ways to win big games.
raiderproud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the QB's you mentioned Bobby8 there is 1 superbowl winning QB in that group.

So why not take a guy like Brady Quinn because he may not be able to win the big game but apperently neither can any of the Qb's you mentioned
ArtShell4Prez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady Quinn is not going to be successful in the NFL... He is going to be the next Rick Mirer/Heath Shuler
bobby8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderproud wrote:
Of all the QB's you mentioned Bobby8 there is 1 superbowl winning QB in that group.

So why not take a guy like Brady Quinn because he may not be able to win the big game but apperently neither can any of the Qb's you mentioned

Again with Quinn??? Isn't he something like 0-4 in bowl games?? 0-4 against SC?? Come on now.

You can't bash those guys for not winning the Superbowl, since at least most of them, except Young since he's a rookie, have performed well enough to win during the playoffs only to lose to a superior team. So far, Quinn hasn't had a good game against a superior team, much less come close to beating one.

"Special players make special plays on special days." (Marshall Faulk) And Quinn's never done it. Not in a bowl game, not even in the regular season.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn will be a good quarterback, depending on what offensive system he's drafted into. An offense like Tampa Bay's, that is a version of the West Coast system, would almost certainly benefit Quinn.

Some quarterbacks are great regardless of the system they're in.

Some are dependant on the system to be great.

Quinn is probably gonna be the latter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: