Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemm68

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this but as I was watching penguins/flyers hockey game I noticed that's Pittsburgh has adopted the seven nation army chant. While I'm certain that's we aren't the only team to have it. its still strange to see a Pittsburgh team adopt it. Don't ya think?
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Just so we're clear, you are welching?

Just hit refresh, switches between two sigs.

Life is good.

That's not a loophole, that's going back on your bet. When your link doesn't show the sig DTMB gave you, you're not wearing it. It's as simple as that.

Unless, of course, you plan to wear it twice as long since you're only displaying it half the time. But that'd be up to DTMB.

Yep, every time the alternate image generates he's welching.

In his defense, that is quite an obnoxious looking sig he's required to wear. *Pats self on back*
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
Not sure where to put this but as I was watching penguins/flyers hockey game I noticed that's Pittsburgh has adopted the seven nation army chant. While I'm certain that's we aren't the only team to have it. its still strange to see a Pittsburgh team adopt it. Don't ya think?

While I didn't see the game, I doubt they "adopted it" like we did. I was actually shocked when we chose it because of how popular it already was in stadiums -- I kind of wish we went the route of a song to "call our own" rather than one that is more "Hey, that's cool what the fans do when they play it. Let's use it more often and call it ours."

Though, I do like how all of the fans/players have embraced it, and I love the connection (I sure can't be the only one who notices it) with it being "O" sounds and having the O's connection too. Personally, I think the Orioles need to embrace it as well and make it a "Baltimore" thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
hemm68 wrote:

While I didn't see the game, I doubt they "adopted it" like we did. I was actually shocked when we chose it because of how popular it already was in stadiums -- I kind of wish we went the route of a song to "call our own" rather than one that is more "Hey, that's cool what the fans do when they play it. Let's use it more often and call it ours."

Though, I do like how all of the fans/players have embraced it, and I love the connection (I sure can't be the only one who notices it) with it being "O" sounds and having the O's connection too. Personally, I think the Orioles need to embrace it as well and make it a "Baltimore" thing.

At least towards the end of the year, the Orioles did embrace it. Down the stretch, the 7 nation army chant would happen pretty regularly (I went to a lot of those games, so I heard it live).I even started the chant a few times haha. By the playoffs, the stadium even played the song. It has also become very popular at UMD. Seems like Ravens fans take it everywhere with us. I'd prefer it not to go to UMD because there are too many nonBaltimore fans, but I can't pass up the chance to do the chant haha.

GO RAVENS!!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
hemm68 wrote:

At least towards the end of the year, the Orioles did embrace it. Down the stretch, the 7 nation army chant would happen pretty regularly (I went to a lot of those games, so I heard it live).I even started the chant a few times haha. By the playoffs, the stadium even played the song. It has also become very popular at UMD. Seems like Ravens fans take it everywhere with us. I'd prefer it not to go to UMD because there are too many nonBaltimore fans, but I can't pass up the chance to do the chant haha.

Ahh, yeah I went to a few down the stretch and heard the crowd starting it but not the stadium itself. Didn't go to any playoff games, but nice to hear the stadium embraced it by playing it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan cave update:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the official color of this jersey (shade of purple)? Thinking about using this color for some softball jerseys this summer. Been looking online and can't find a straight answer.

http://www.telediario.mx/images/52m.jpg

Integrity, great set up!
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Jimmy Smith's been working really hard, and Dean Pees is very high on him.

Im really excited about Jimmy [Smith, CB], Pees said. I know theres been some things written and said and Im not in agreement with very many of them. I think this guy is going to be an outstanding player. Hes got the size, the speed, the range, hes an intelligent football player. I think those [Super Bowl] plays right there are gonna go an awful long way for him. I think hes a tremendous talent. Ive seen a difference in him already here in the offseason. This guy has been around here all winter. [105.7 The Fan]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pretty legit set-up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/flacco-will-play-unitas-in-portion-of-new-movie/

Joe Flacco has agreed to play Baltimore great, Johnny Unitas, in Unitas' son's new upcoming movie about his father's life. He requested Joe play the role because he knew the Baltimore roots were very important to his father. I think its pretty cool for old school Baltimore fans to see their legendary QB being represented by the best QB to wear the black and purple. Anyways just thought I'd share.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else watch this show Freaks and Geeks? It's pretty darn good. Saw it on Netflix, title caught my attention... crazy how some of these guys turned out to be such recognizable players in the comedy genre.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I just have to vent here even though it's related to football...

I see a lot of media guys as well as guys on this site talking about Clay Matthews' extension and they quickly jump to "if you include this year onto his extension, it's essentially 6 years, $70m" (I think its $68m, but you get the point) instead of 5 years, $66m. Of course, that makes it look a good bit better.

But yet, those are the same people who "LMAO" over Flacco's deal for 6 years, $20m and say he's a million or two overpaid. Yet, if the same exact deal were to be done before his SB MVP (and as such, paid way more than he showed to that point), "if you include this year (2012) onto his extension, it's essentially a 7 year, $128m contract for an average of $18.3m/year!"

The double standard just boggles my mind sometimes. I know I should just get used to it because Joe will never be universally liked due to his awkwardness and eyebrows, but I have trouble holding back calling people out on double standards Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bigger disgrace is that you'd think people on a site dedicated on draft research would see opposing fans do a little research on Flacco's deal before providing their incites, as opposed to just being trained media hounds. Flacco's first three years on his deal are very reasonable, yet they're blaming long term contracts for other players on him... which makes very little sense.

And it doesn't matter how much you explain the contract, most won't read it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was pounding my head against the wall trying to explain that to people. Damn you ESPN (and NFLN to a lesser extent, they're usually a bit better).
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Ed Dickson's take on the Harlem Shake. Pretty funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 22 of 30

Jump to: