Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are you willing to make a move?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you willing to trade up for that Must Have Guy?
Yes, for a fair price
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Oh heck no!!
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Yes! Go get him at all cost!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
I really like where we are at in the draft in relation to our team's needs. There are only 3 scenarios that would make me consider moving up in the 1st round.

1. If Warmack goes early, I would consider moving up to make sure we got Cooper.

2. If Lane Johnson falls to about 15 or so, I'd move up for him and have bookend OT's for a decade.

3. If we take Cooper at 18 and someone like Sylvester Williams starts falling down the draft board, I'd move up to take him.

Ideally though, we'd stay put at #18 and take Cooper. Then we could do some wheeling and dealing to come up with 2 picks in the second round. That is where the depth is at, IMO. If we could come up with something like this...

1. Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
2a. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
2b. Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin

I'd be ecstatic.

I can't think of too many draft scanarios which would be better than that, ht. Unless it's Cooper, Williams, and Frederick, that's about as ideal as we'd get.

Just finished watching some film of Sylvester Williams and KaWann Short. I would be pumped about either one of them. I think both have the potential to be very good defensive tackles.

Short is more refined at this point, IMO. He can really collapse a pocket AND get penetration. But he doesn't have the motor that Williams does. I think both of those guys are better prospects at their positions than Reid (who I also like a lot).

You already know that I'm 100% in support of drafting Williams because he's a Butch Davis guy. Short is a really nice prospect as well. I don't think we'd go wrong with either one. And I agree that Short is more refined at this point, but Williams may have the higher ceiling.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Trapt32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cooper isn't there at 18 I say trade down with Minnesota or Atlanta, the trade would be 18 for 30, 3rd, 7th I would the draft Sly Williams at 25 or 30, then I think Reid, or Fredrick in the 2nd, here's my draft for Dallas in that scenario..

1: 25 (trade Minn) Sly. Williams DT UNC
2: 18 E. Reid FS LSU
3: 18 A. Baily OG Ark
3: 25 (Trade Minn) B Jones C Alabama
4: 18 B. Williams OT UNC
5: 18 K Stills WR OU
6: 18 T. Jefferson SS OU
7: 25 M Lattimore RB SC

Thoughts
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
If Cooper isn't there at 18 I say trade down with Minnesota or Atlanta, the trade would be 18 for 30, 3rd, 7th I would the draft Sly Williams at 25 or 30, then I think Reid, or Fredrick in the 2nd, here's my draft for Dallas in that scenario..

1: 25 (trade Minn) Sly. Williams DT UNC
2: 18 E. Reid FS LSU
3: 18 A. Baily OG Ark
3: 25 (Trade Minn) B Jones C Alabama
4: 18 B. Williams OT UNC
5: 18 K Stills WR OU
6: 18 T. Jefferson SS OU
7: 25 M Lattimore RB SC

I don't think Jefferson or Lettimore will last that long. I'd expect Jefferson to go in the 4th-5th round, and Lattimore to go in the 4th if his knee checks out. I'd LOVE for your scenario to happen, though. It would be an outstanding draft.

Thoughts

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: