Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
i'll take him over the rent-a-punter we've had since Turk left! Wink Which is probably what you'll get if Rocca is cut

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/2013-nfl-free-agents?pg=4
Quote:
Mat McBriar
Brian Moorman
Nick Harris
Ben Graham
Jeremy Kapinos
Jason Baker
Reggie Hodges
Daniel Sepulveda
Brian Stahovich

McBriar and Moorman are available. In the last six years, Moorman has had only one year where his average distance was less than Rocca's career best (2010 when he averaged only 42.4). It would be seven years for McBriar (43.8 in 2011). Their career averages are 45.4 and 44.0, which is better than Rocca's best (his career average is 43.1).

On top of all that, even though both McBriar and Moorman are 33 and 37, respectively, they are younger than Rocca's 39.

He received a 2 yr/$2.24M/$0.325M guaranteed contract. Do you honestly think the 25th best punter from last year, a guy who will turn 40 in November, is the best we can do?

I hate to tell you this, turtle, but Sav Rocca is a rent-a-punter.
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans came home with the first FF Hunger Games Crown, FF Hunger Games is looking for participants and there is no tribute from your team.

If you want to take the challenge of being the Redskins Tribute please join:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16047162

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
i'll take him over the rent-a-punter we've had since Turk left! Wink Which is probably what you'll get if Rocca is cut

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/2013-nfl-free-agents?pg=4
Quote:
Mat McBriar
Brian Moorman
Nick Harris
Ben Graham
Jeremy Kapinos
Jason Baker
Reggie Hodges
Daniel Sepulveda
Brian Stahovich

McBriar and Moorman are available. In the last six years, Moorman has had only one year where his average distance was less than Rocca's career best (2010 when he averaged only 42.4). It would be seven years for McBriar (43.8 in 2011). Their career averages are 45.4 and 44.0, which is better than Rocca's best (his career average is 43.1).

On top of all that, even though both McBriar and Moorman are 33 and 37, respectively, they are younger than Rocca's 39.

He received a 2 yr/$2.24M/$0.325M guaranteed contract. Do you honestly think the 25th best punter from last year, a guy who will turn 40 in November, is the best we can do?

I hate to tell you this, turtle, but Sav Rocca is a rent-a-punter.
i know that because of his age but I could care less. Still the best punter we've had since Turk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the BRAVES brought their brooms to DC. I hope this is a trend that lasts all season long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRAVES!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Looks like the BRAVES brought their brooms to DC. I hope this is a trend that lasts all season long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRAVES!!
dont keep your hopes up there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

That makes 7 in a row against the NATS go back to last year. The East belongs to Atlanta once again!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

That makes 7 in a row against the NATS go back to last year. The East belongs to Atlanta once again!!!!
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. It's April not September there bro... Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip Pat Summerall. The best in the game. The best there ever was and the best there ever will be!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22084617/report-nfl-broadcasting-icon-pat-summerall-dies-at-age-of-82
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze King wrote:
The Titans came home with the first FF Hunger Games Crown, FF Hunger Games is looking for participants and there is no tribute from your team.

If you want to take the challenge of being the Redskins Tribute please join:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16047162

This is kind of fun. However, only sign up if you have a lot of time to be on FF. Trust me.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

And the four last year meant ... what exactly? Didn't really help when you lost to the Cardinals.

Still, you guys are off to a great start. That said, as turtle pointed out, it's a long slog to the finish line.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NHL?vid=17c622ee-b73c-4403-a1a8-0781215324a3&from=foxsports/home/moresports

Mike23MD. I know you Melisa be proud of your Bruin Fans after this national anthem! Cool

Great story here.

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/13419667?no_yb=true&mailing_id=2326&linksrc=mb_main_col_9

Quote:
O’Brien, a wide receiver at Montana State Northern University, previously served four years in the military before joining the Frontier Conference school. The 30-year-old was a huge longshot to even make the NFL at his age, but still kept his dream alive by training with Athletes Performance Institute.

All that changed following the brutal attacks at the Boston Marathon. Feeling that the events of two days ago “left big hole in his heart,” O’Brien decided to forego his chance at NFL glory to re-enlist with the Marines.

Fighter taunts his opponent and then get knocked out! Laughing I love these

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/13420285?no_yb=true&mailing_id=2326&linksrc=mb_main_col_4
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to turn in early, but I figured I'd pass this along:

Webby tried to see if posters here could discuss Jason Collins in a rational, adult manner that didn't devolve into political/morality/conspiracy arguments.

Sadly, the forum failed mightily.

As such, Jason Collins, outside of where he might go as a free agent or what he does on the basketball court, is a non-starter as a topic and will be immediately shutdown.

Consider this your blanket warning.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Webby tried to see if posters here could discuss Jason Collins in a rational, adult manner that didn't devolve into political/morality/conspiracy arguments.

As such, Jason Collins, outside of where he might go as a free agent or what he does on the basketball court, is a non-starter as a topic and will be immediately shutdown.

I definitely don't see him back in DC. The Wizards could draft a young center or I just seem them going in another direction. He didnt even really play for the wizards last year. I wish him the best, but if he has a future in the nba, I don't see it being in DC.
Woz

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/falcons-stadium-ideas-don-t-just-push-envelope-123901552.html

Scroll down to the video. Watch it.

If the Falcons build option #2, the bar for stadiums worldwide would be raised. Regardless of sport. That would be on par with the Bird's Nest in Beijing, if not perhaps better.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

I wouldnt say failed. It lasted 18 pages with Mods looking very closely into it. I thought the forum did very well actually especially considering the topic and with some of the jokers that post in the bball forum. If it wasnt for some comments by Wallace and Broussard I thought it may had lasted. Oh welp.

Braves just won 2 more against the Nats thats all that matter right now. Oh and Nats are playing some of the worse baseball Ive seen since Harper came up from the minors.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 84 of 100

Jump to: