Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 Week Away -- Official Who Do You Want at #3 Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

With the 3rd pick, the Oakland Raiders select:
Luke Joeckel, OT
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Eric Fisher, OT
37%
 37%  [ 30 ]
Dion Jordan, DE/OLB
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
Ziggy Ansah, DE
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Geno Smith, QB
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei, DT
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Sharrif Floyd, DT
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
Dee Milliner, CB
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Other (Please specify in comments)
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 80

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: 1 Week Away -- Official Who Do You Want at #3 Poll Reply with quote

Only 7 days away! I wanted to create a poll to finalize who the consensus top choice is for the Raiders forum one week away now that the combine/pro days/medical checks/visits are largely over with.

Assume for the sake of this poll that trading back is not an option (we all know everyone here wants to trade back if possible). In addition, assume every prospect is available -- we really don't know who KC or Jacksonville is going to take.

I have flip flopped like crazy the past two months. Over the past two weeks I've narrowed it down to 3 -- Fisher, Star, and Ziggy. Now that I have to pick one, I think the best selection would be :

It came down to this -- the prospect of having two bookend tackles (which we haven't had in a decade, if not longer) is too great for me. Fisher looks like he can be dominant. I'm not worried about either him or Veldheer having to play RT. In addition, this pick is insurance incase Veldheer leaves next year (though I doubt that happens).

And as much as I love Star and Ziggy, they are just too risky compared to Fisher. DT is also a strength of this draft, and I think we can find a DE later as well.

Please vote and tell us your top choice in the comments!
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Fisher as well. The coaching staff got a real good chance to see this kid in action. He dominated the Senior Bowl, has done nothing but impress me from the moment I first saw his name listed as a first round talent. He fortifies our offensive line with the now famous incredible hulk. Veldheer is such a team player I see the two of them only making each other better. 2 guards away from a stud offensive line.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have to pick at three it's between Fisher, Ansah, Floyd and Richardson for me. I would probably lean towards Ansah because he has the most potential and I love to gamble.

Every night before I go to sleep I dream of drafting Ansah then Clowney in 2014, it gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first choice is Ansah. Probably a little boom/bust for McKenzie but he's got an intense play style and you don't get much more important than RE for a team so bad at getting after the QB.

Wouldn't be mad at...

Fischer
Jordan
Joeckel
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Dion Jordan, but really I will be happy with one from:

Star Lotulelei
Dion Jordan
Ziggy Ansah

We need to address the defensive line in a bad way and these three have star quality.

If we had a more robust defense, I could easily be happy with Fisher, but we aren't going to start winning until we sort out that defense.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Dion Jordan for me. But I get the hunch he's going to Jacksonville.

Ansah scares me, but I'm starting to buy into him being the pick. After all the FA moves, pass rusher remains the one need area. I don't think he's the BPA at #3. He's a boom or bust pick but the star potential is there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting a DT since the Ngata draft and of course Al took Huff.

I'm content with Floyd or Star
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Still [b]Dion Jordan for me. But I get the hunch he's going to Jacksonville.[/b]

Ansah scares me, but I'm starting to buy into him being the pick. After all the FA moves, pass rusher remains the one need area. I don't think he's the BPA at #3. He's a boom or bust pick but the star potential is there.

Jordan

also wouldnt be upset with Fisher as the pick or Floyd considering we lost the entire D line Laughing
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's 3 we're sticking at, Fisher has to be the guy. Our offensive line would be so much better w/ him and we'd have bookends for a decade.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
If it's 3 we're sticking at, Fisher has to be the guy. Our offensive line would be so much better w/ him and we'd have bookends for a decade.

How? Again. 2 LT's. Eventually one walks. Be it JV next year when a team pays him LT money or Fisher after his rookie contract expires.

Unless you see Reggie paying a RT elite money to keep them in tact.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reallllllyyy hope we trade down. I vacillate on a daily basis who I want at 3. Currently Star is my top choice (despite this being the strongest draft at DT I've ever seen). Assuming the med reports are accurate, I'm not terribly concerned with the heart condition.

The 2 LT/RTs cause me abit of concern for JV's contract negotiations. Besides, it won't be hard to select a quality RT in later rounds (I know, this could be used as an argument for DTs this year too).
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of Oak wrote:
I picked Dion Jordan, but really I will be happy with one from:

Star Lotulelei
Dion Jordan
Ziggy Ansah

We need to address the defensive line in a bad way and these three have star quality.

If we had a more robust defense, I could easily be happy with Fisher, but we aren't going to start winning until we sort out that defense.

This. But add Fisher. Because he's BPA.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

How? Again. 2 LT's. Eventually one walks. Be it JV next year when a team pays him LT money or Fisher after his rookie contract expires.

Fisher has said he's willing to play RT. In an uncapped rookie year, I would NEVER suggest this. Since it is capped however, I will. There's no top end talent in this draft except at this position. Get him, have your offensive line be VERY young and quite good. This draft is one where you can't follow traditional rules b/c it's not a traditional draft in terms of talent. The top end talent is just lacking severely. Either way, we're going to be overpaying someone more than likely so why not the 2nd best player in the draft?

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Fisher has said he's willing to play RT. In an uncapped rookie year, I would NEVER suggest this. Since it is capped however, I will. There's no top end talent in this draft except at this position. Get him, have your offensive line be VERY young and quite good. This draft is one where you can't follow traditional rules b/c it's not a traditional draft in terms of talent. The top end talent is just lacking severely. Either way, we're going to be overpaying someone more than likely so why not the 2nd best player in the draft?

I['m with Jtagg on this one. Worst case scenario, we're looking at a Branden Albert situation and we get a good pick out of it since JV is younger. But honestly, I don't think this will end up being that level of an issue.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Fisher but its not gonna happen So the next guy I would want is Ziggy Ansah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: