Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:
I guess I lean towards Williams. It's hard to imagine a 6'3" 325 lbs. guy who moves so well and plays with so much effort being unsuccessful.

He'll probably be a solid run-defender, yes.

But that's not where I want to spend premium picks with our current roster.

Agree to disagree I guess. Lack of college production isn't a negative in my book. Especially not when you've got a rare size/athleticism combo.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:

Agree to disagree I guess. Lack of college production isn't a negative in my book. Especially not when you've got a rare size/athleticism combo.

He moves in a straight line fast. No info on his vertical/explosion though.

Raji was rare. 32" vert at his size a 1.69 10yd split. @ 15lbs heavier.

He just never displayed any sort of pass-rushing acumen. I highly doubt he will ever offer anything in that regard. Really no reason to think he would.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care what position we draft, as long as within the next two years he is an above average starter in the league (minus K, P and FB)
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:

He moves in a straight line fast. No info on his vertical/explosion though.

Raji was rare. 32" vert at his size a 1.69 10yd split. @ 15lbs heavier.

He just never displayed any sort of pass-rushing acumen. I highly doubt he will ever offer anything in that regard. Really no reason to think he would.

I'm with you there on Williams. I don't pay much attention to workout numbers past seeing if they fall in line with the video, but I just don't see "elite movement skills" or a "rare size/athleticism combo" at all when I watch him. I see Ryan Pickett. That player is nice, as a late 2nd or 3rd, but I just can't see him being worth any more than that. Guys like Worthy sure, you can see some of that ability to shed a block and get penetration. I see a plugger type run defender and nothing more.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then look at the big men in the NFL today that are good pass-rushers.

Everyone I looked into had college production.

Feel as though it's different for edge rushers than the bigs in that regard.
Abalow7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be Margus Hunt

Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
deathstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not referring to workout numbers at all when I reference his movement skills. The way he moves his feet, handles blocks, reacts to the play. He's got the movement skills of a smaller man with a whole lot of playing strength.

I guess I'm of the opinion that Williams has a floor of Ryan Pickett with a ceiling of Ngata (less agile but stronger)/ Wilfork (more athletic). I also think that if St. Louis knew then what they know now about Pickett, they'd still take him in the first.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doesn't play like a statue, that much is true, but he has nowhere near the feet of Ngata, Wilfork, Raji, or even Star Lotulelei. He plays with decent power and strength, but while strong and solid, I don't see him ever being "disruptive". I don't see THAT sort of elite movement skills for a big man, and it's not even that close.

Would the Rams have taken Pickett? Maybe someone would have then. Would they NOW? I'm not so sure. Would they do it if they already had Raji on the roster, as well as Pickett? What if they think they can afford to keep both of those guys around? Even if it's just Raji, is a pure 2 down "stuffer" DL worth that high of a pick? I don't think so and I think it's swinging more and more in that direction. He offers little at all to the 2-4-5 package and that's kinda getting to be more of the "base" than the 3-4.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I doesn't play like a statue, that much is true, but he has nowhere near the feet of Ngata, Wilfork, Raji, or even Star Lotulelei. He plays with decent power and strength, but while strong and solid, I don't see him ever being "disruptive". I don't see THAT sort of elite movement skills for a big man, and it's not even that close.

Would the Rams have taken Pickett? Maybe someone would have then. Would they NOW? I'm not so sure. Would they do it if they already had Raji on the roster, as well as Pickett? What if they think they can afford to keep both of those guys around? Even if it's just Raji, is a pure 2 down "stuffer" DL worth that high of a pick? I don't think so and I think it's swinging more and more in that direction. He offers little at all to the 2-4-5 package and that's kinda getting to be more of the "base" than the 3-4.

Yeah, at some level Williams is a try hard. Like him a great deal though and love the system fit. Damn kid will do everything in his power on and off the field to win. Good part of what you see on paper you don't see on the football field, sadly. As "safe" as any DL in this draft class though IMO. The bust rate is high on all DL making the jump to the pros. But more times than not that's because you need to do the little tech things right on the DL to excel at the pro level. If nothing else, I have faith Williams will do ALL those little things!

Hell, I might think about drafting him if I was TT just to watch him and Neal workout....... Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Palmy, you got a read on Malliciah Goodman?

Seems to flash some serious ability, but didn't see consistency. Mental issue? Work Issue?

Or is he finally 'getting' it?

Seems to have a ton of natural ability.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Seems to flash some serious ability, but didn't see consistency. Mental issue? Work Issue?

Has some ability but his hand tech is terrible(can't get off blocks) and I feel he is "fake tough".

Not for me!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Yeah, at some level Williams is a try hard. Like him a great deal though and love the system fit. Damn kid will do everything in his power on and off the field to win. Good part of what you see on paper you don't see on the football field, sadly. As "safe" as any DL in this draft class though IMO. The bust rate is high on all DL making the jump to the pros. But more times than not that's because you need to do the little tech things right on the DL to excel at the pro level. If nothing else, I have faith Williams will do ALL those little things!

Hell, I might think about drafting him if I was TT just to watch him and Neal workout....... Shocked

Sure just in relative terms that's why he's a 50-60 guy and I'd love him if he's there in the 2nd, depending on the board as always, of course, I just don't see any possible way he can end up being even close to the top of the board at 26. I like him as a 2 down NT type, but that's all I really see him doing as a NFL player.

I think we're going to see this be a fairly offensive draft, I could see WR, TE, and RB in the first 3 rounds. I don't see the need or the value in most of the 1st and 2nd round DL. I have trouble seeing any way the board might fall for them to be good fits for what GB does. If that happens to fall, I see the value in the 2nd and 3rd, I just don't see that guy in the first thats a good fit for both 5 tech in the 3-4 sets as well as 2-4-5 looks.
Madtown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Has some ability but his hand tech is terrible(can't get off blocks) and I feel he is "fake tough".
Not for me!

Flashback to Daryn Colledge! Laughing
deathstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it feels like we're beating a dead horse here. If the goal is to get successful NFL players, it's hard to go wrong with choosing Williams. Can't really deny that he's got an NFL body and a career mindset. Definitely a good fit on this team in terms of personality, body-type, and ability.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://vine.co/v/btzhleOzLiQ

https://vine.co/v/btU1ZuEJvBU

Laughing

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: