Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ngata_Chance's 7-Round Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ngata_Chance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Ngata_Chance's 7-Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

With the draft rapidly approaching, Ive decided to compile my first mock draft for the Ravens. Before I begin, there are some things that I want to make clear. First, I believe that the Ravens will field the best team they can with the personnel available to them. This sounds trivial, however I am speaking directly to the LT situation. I believe Michael Oher gets the start at LT again. In addition to this, I feel as though at least one of our major needs (LT, ILB, SS, WR) will be dealt with using the players we currently have on the roster. Simply put, I feel that one of those positions will not be targeted as a draft priority. My personal bet is at WR, as the front office and coaching staff are very high on the players we have there already. Id love to hear what your opinions on that matter is. Without continuing to ramble on, lets begin:

1st Round (32nd overall): DJ Fluker, RT, Alabama
As I said above, I believe Oher will play LT. Is he the best LT? No. Is he our best option given the talent after the top players? Yes. Fluker can step in day one and be a great RT. He needs to work on his pass blocking, but his run blocking is dominant. With coaching, Fluker could become a Pro Bowl RT, and gives us a more cap friendly option, should we not sign Oher next year.

*Trade* Baltimore trades #62, 165, 200 to the Panthers for #44: Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas St.
Mark my words, there will be a run on ILB's in the middle of the second round. Pittsburgh, Denver, Minnesota, NYG, Chicago all need them. The Ravens will trade up to secure, in my opinion, the best ILB in this class. Brown has great instincts to pair with his sideline-to-sideline speed. He can step into the WILL role and be another day one starter.

3rd Round (92): Robert Woods, WR, USC
While I do believe that the Ravens will prefer their in-house talent at WR, this is my mock, so I will choose Woods here. Woods is a Derrick Mason type receiver. He runs excellent routes, and is smart with great hands. He doesnt have breakaway speed, but a route running receiver is a great compliment to the speedy Torrey Smith.

4th Round (129): T.J. McDonald, FS/SS, USC
One of my favorite players in the draft, I think McDonald could be a steal in this draft. Often a forgotten member of the deep safety class, McDonald possesses elitle size (6'3 220) as well as great speed. He is a box safety that tackles with great form, instead of always trying to just hit. He can match up against tight ends, play downhill against the run, and cover the deep half as well.

4th Round (130); compensatory: Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Jones will be that player that every team in the league kicks themselves for passing. The versatile lineman will begin the season on the PUP list, however I believe that he will be a starter on our line by 2014. Whether he takes over the center position, or maybe even LT (not sure how good he is there?) I believe a versatile lineman like himself will give our line much needed depth, as well as a future starter.

5th Round (168); compensatory: B.W. Webb, CB, William and Mary
Webb will come back to full form, I just know it. But one can never have too many talented corners. Adding another Webb with dreadlocks and talent to our secondary just seems like a great idea to me.

6th Round (199); from San Francisco: AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa St.
Ravens double dip at inside linebacker. Looking at the position, we have two players converting to ILB (Hall, McClellan), Rolando (who Ozzie said has to earn his roster spot), and Jameel (whose medical condition may affect his play). To me, we must choose two ILB's this draft, and Klein is another one of my favorites. Great instincts, fast and poductive. Solid combination.

6th Round (203); compensatory: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
A big blocking tight end that has been doing that his entire time at Alabama. He is a big body who will block in Pitta's place, and could be dangerous on play action.

7th Round (238): Joe Vellano, NT, Maryland
Big hard-nosed football player that has a non-stop motor. I think he makes the team, and pushes Cody for playing time. At the very least, he elevates Cody's game.

7th Round (247); compensatory: Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas St.
A big fullback that we stuff on the practice squad and have Leach teach him the tricks of the trade, as he will be entering a walk year.

Final Depth Chart:

Offense:
QB: Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Anthony Allen
FB: Vonta Leach, Braden Wilson
WR: Torrey Smith, Robert Woods, Tandon Doss, Jacoby Jones, Deonte Thompson, Tommy Streeter, David Reed
TE: Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Michael Williams
LT: Michael Oher
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Ramon Harewood
C: Gino Gradkowski, Barrett Jones
RG: Marshall Yanda
RT: DJ Fluker, Jah Reid

Defense:
RE: Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, DeAngelo Tyson
NT: Haloti Ngata, Terrance Cody, Joe Vellano
LE: Arthur Jones, Pernell McPhee, Ryan McBean
LOLB: Courtney Upshaw /Elvis Dumervil, Michael McAdoo
Mike: Rolando McClain, Jameel McClain, Bryan Hall
Will: Arthur Brown, A.J. Klein, Josh Bynes
ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Albert McClellan, Adrian Hamilton
CB: Lardarius Webb, Chykie Brown, Asa Jackson
CB: Jimmy Smith, Chris Johnson
Slot CB: Corey Graham, B.W. Webb
FS: Michael Huff, Christian Thompson, Omar Brown
SS: T.J. McDonald, James Ihedigbo, Anthony Levine

Special Teams:
K: Justin Tucker
P: Sam Koch
LS: Morgan Cox
KR/PR: Jacoby Jones

P.S. As you can see, I see Rolando as our starting Mike next year. I think he wins the job and has a solid year. Just my predicition, hope I dont have to eat my words.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, but I don't think Brown, Woods, McDonald, Jones or Webb will be where you project them. Maybe not even Fluker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as though Fluker will fall if not selected in the 16-20 range, which is definitely a possibility. McDonald I think falls as well, not sure why but a lot of analysts such as Mayock have a 4th round grade on him. Woods is another I see falling just because teams are being hard on USC's year ( I think Barkley is getting a little to much heat on him too). Webb may be rising, a lot of buzz about him recently. Brown is probably wishful thinking, but who knows, crazier things have happened.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft would be as close to perfect as we could hope for.

I question whether any of the picks you make from Brown through Klein will be available at those spots though. I could be wrong, but they all seem to be at least a round too low.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: