Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7-round German mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: 7-round German mock draft Reply with quote

Hey,

like every year we have a mock draft taking place in our German NFL forum. Once again I took the Ravens and would like to hear your opinions, as I've just finished the Ravens draft. (final picks of the other teams are still coming in...) Please note that we started to draft players on March 23rd. (not sure I would take an ILB in the first round now)

#32 Ravens - Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
#62 Ravens - Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
#94 Ravens - Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
#129 Ravens - Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
comp#130 Ravens - Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech
#165 Ravens - Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
comp#168 Ravens - Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
#199 Ravens (from 49ers) - Braxston Cave, C, Notre Dame
#200 Ravens - Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
comp#203 Ravens - Robert Lester, S, Alabama
#238 Ravens - Cameron Lawrence, OLB, Mississippi State
comp #247 Ravens - Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame

Here you can have a look at the whole draft: http://www.nfl-talk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24762
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what you did with the first five picks. Minter is a nice ILB. Bailey is very talented and an excellent route runner. Thomas gambles a bit, but he's incredibly physical, a very good athlete, and is passionate about the game.

Bennie Logan is a great run stuffer and hopefully the coaches can unlock some extra pass rushing potential from him moving forward.

Jordan Mills isn't a LT option, but he should immediately be allowed to compete with Jah Reid for the starting RT spot and we can have Oher back out there at LT.

Of the later picks, I like backing up more of a loose cannon potential guy in Thomas with Lester. Both have plenty of starting experience and their styles should mesh pretty well in that respect. Should help to protect from Thomas underachieving and the safety spot regressing quite seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft. I like what I've seen of Bailey, and heard good things about Shamarko Thomas.

Regarding Minter, if the Ravens took a MLB in the first round, right now I'd rather it was Te'o. But Minter certainly wouldn't be a disappointment.

I don't know much about the lower round picks, but they seem to address the depth needs at certain positions nicely enough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really complain about anything here. Thomas might be a bit high but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in that range. Even though I'm not a fan of Lester he would be a good pick that late as a depth guy. He would provide some competition for Thompson to replace Huff in a couple of years. This might be one of the best complete Ravens mocks I've seen recently.
Chainz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

Regarding Minter, if the Ravens took a MLB in the first round, right now I'd rather it was Te'o. But Minter certainly wouldn't be a disappointment.

I was torn between Minter and Te'o, but "luckily" Te'o was already picked by the Broncos at #28 which made my decision quite easy. Wink

Thanks for your opinions so far, guys. Glad that you like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: