Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Duke's Next Bengals Only Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: The Duke's Next Bengals Only Mock Draft Reply with quote

1) Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
2a) Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
2b) Sio Moore, LB, UConn
3) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
4) Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
5) Marquis Grey, QB, Minnesota
6a) Stansley Maponga, DE, TCU
6b) Ettienne Sabino, LB, Ohio State
7a) Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa
7b) Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh

Given the signing of Crocker mid year last year, I don't think Zim is too high on any of their young safeties. Cyprien can come in and be an insta-starter and help sure up the backend of the defense.

Franklin is one of my favorite players in the draft. He can run, catch, block, and anything else you ask him to do and is a great asset in todays NFL where teams are moving away from bell cow RB to more effective tandems. I think he'd be a great fit to pair with BJGE.

Moore is athletic and versitile. He can start if we don't sign Harrison, or back up all 3 spots and get groomed until he takes over next year or earlier if injury/crappy play is an issue.

Dobson gives Gruden another physical outside presence at WR who can move the chains with his size and is still explosive enough to go over the top ajd make defenses respect him. He can fight with Jones and Sanu for PT, I like healthy competition opposite AJ Green.

Chris Faulk has all-pro potential, but he may need a year to really get in the swing of things coming off injury and not playing last year. He could maybe even beat out Collins if fatty isn't resigned.

Grey is a guy who we can groom as a long term backup and maybe stash on the practice squad if we need to.

The rest of them give good competition and depth to already strong areas, and are mostly value picks where I thino they will still he avaialable.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft overall. Cyprien is a great pick, he's my top safety and someone who has the versatility to play in the box or single high because of his great anticipation skills and instincts. May not be a 4.4 guy but he plays as fast as them thanks to that. Very football savvy, capable of setting the edge and leveraging the run when he's playing in the box but can also transition quickly and close on the football in the air. With that said I can't see us taking a safety from Florida International with our first pick. It just hasn't been our M.O. - I think Eric Reid and Matt Elam (two guys I'm not high on) are more likely IF we go safety at 21. And I don't think we will - the highest we've taken a safety in the Marvin era is 56 I believe.

Franklin and Moore are really good picks, guys I really like and good value. Dobson I'm not a big fan of him. Kinda has a tendency to try to run before securing the ball and it causes some drops. Not a nuanced route runner and I don't think he's an explosive athlete with great top end speed. Doesn't wow me with his COD skills. I like guys like Corey Fuller and Kenny Stills a lot more. Still wouldn't be a bad selection.

Faulk is a little questionable to me. I like the prospect, worth the pick but I think we should address RT earlier than the fourth round. I think third round with a guy like Reid Fragel is as late as we will address the position.

Gray I really dislike. Frankly I think he has no future as an NFL QB. I think teams view him more as a Tight End or WR prospect than a QB, he never showed anything as a passer at Minnesota to lead me to believe he's worthy of being a draftable QB let alone a fifth rounder when guys like Sean Renfree, Alex Carder and Ryan Griffin are far better and should be available.

Like all the picks at the end, Spadola will find a spot in the NFL - he's just that type of guy. I think he ends up a Patriot actually but he's a talented player who finds ways to get open and is very underrated athletically.

Good draft though, I'd be pleased because those first three picks are home runs in my estimation.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft. I think Moore can be a great LB for us. Cyprien is such a boom or bust player, but i really like him as a prospect

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top 3 picks are amazing in my books. I'd much prefer this draft but i'm not sure if this is a direction we go.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be okay with Cyprien as our 1st rounder. I have him, Elam, and Reid all ranked very closely. I'd prefer to wait until our first 2nd rounder to grab one of them (one should definitely be available) but will be perfectly content it we grab one with our 1st rounder.

Franklin with our 1st 2nd rounder seems a little high. I like him, but I'd prefer to get a RB at 53 or in the 3rd round. I do like him a good deal though.

Love Sio Moore at 53. Great pick, definitely fills a need.

Not high on Dobson with our 3rd rounder. I hope we take a WR within the first three rounds, but I'd prefer Da'Rick Rogers, Swope, King, or Wheaton here. Dobson isn't much of a vertical threat, IMO.

Not high on Faulk. He's fat and coming off a significant injury.

I know very little at all about Grey. I'm not sure if I'd spend a 5th rounder on a QB considering they already have Johnson and Skelton.

I know nothing about Maponga. I don't think highly of Sabino. I think Hyde and Spadola are great values in round 7 though.

You went in the general direction I'd go with this draft, just not the players I'd go with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: