Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fracdaddy14's Mock Draft v. 4.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Fracdaddy14's Mock Draft v. 4.10 Reply with quote

I decided to change things up a bit this time with the players from the usual cast of characters. It may seem idealistic in ways, but not completely un-realistic. I tried to use BPA method while eventually hitting all our needs with intiguing prospects.

ROUND 1- Chance Warmack- OG- Alabama

- Last year, David DeCastro was considered one of the best guard prospects in a decade, but on draft he fell into the 20s to Pittsburgh. With a weak top draft, premium positions players may be overdrafted. There are also teams, epecially ZBS teams, that may prefer the more athletic Jon Cooper. With an aging interior OL, Warmack can plug right in for the next 10 years. If Chance falls, he will likely be BPA.

ROUND 2- Kawann Short- DT- Purdue

- At one time considered a late 1st round pick, his stock has dipped a bit and could be available here. In Purdue games, especially in the ND game, he was completely unstoppable. With a year behind Cullen Jenkins, Short can gain some strength an weight and bring that dominance to the pro game.

ROUND 3- Stedman Bailey- WR- West Virginia

- This seems crazy with our WR depth, but hear me out. With Cruz asking for a #1 WR contract this year and Nicks just a year away from looking for the same thing, we may only be able to keep one. With Bailey, he shows the route-running, playmaking, and reliability that Eli will love. At this point, he is also likely BPA. With Nicks often Nicked up, he provides a guy who can step in right away.

ROUND 4- A.J. Klein- LB- Iowa St

- TC rarely lets rookies earn starting positions, but this is the type of kid he could make an exception for. He isn't overwhelming fast or athletic, but is good enough and has the instincts and technique to make up for it. He was very productive for an underrated Cyclone defense and has experience inside and outside. He isn't a pure thumper, but a true 3 down LB who can play in the nickle.

ROUND 5- Terry Hawthorne- CB- Illinois

- An underrated prospect, his description includes some of my favorite qualities in a CB including fluid footwork, smooth hips, and a willingness to come up in run support. He has durability concerns, but nothing major. He can play ST, 4th CB, and possibly play similar to the man he will replace, Corey Webster.

ROUND 6- David Bass- DE- Missouri Western State

- He was super productive at the Division II level and shows the raw talent to be special. He needs work on his leverage technique, but can learn from one of the best in the similarly undersized Tuck. What draws me is his explosiveness and strong hands. Hand work for a DL is one of the most underrated traits for success. With a top 3 of JPP, Tuck, and Kiwi, we can afford a year of grooming.

ROUND 7a- Steve Beauharnais- LB- Rutgers

- JR said that the LB core needed an upgrade and with little cap room, not much was added via FA, so why not double dip on 2 potentially productice LBs who fit. Beauharnais played inside in college and was another playmaker along side Kaseem Green for the Scarlett Knights. He was productive and made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage. He is a pure LB, but could fit in a SAM LB position in the pros to maximize his ability. Imagine him, Klein, and JWill starting at LB and the nightmares of Chase, Kiwi, and Boley could go away.

ROUND 7b- John Boyett- S- Oregon

- One of the true hard-luck cases in Football. When Boyett was healthy, he showed the talent and insane instincts to rival Vaccaro to be the top Safety drafted. Very productive when healthy, but often injured, he is worth a flier at this point.

As always, feedback appreciated.

Last edited by fracdaddy14 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Most of what I saw on him was zone coverage, which was good, he does move around alot with good speed. Dings I've got on him is he takes poor angles and too many unnecessary steps.

Aside from him I like the potential at a lot of your later round picks.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love the mock, if this happened in real life I'd be absolutely ecstatic. Just one thing, I've heard Beauharnais is moving up draft boards and I don't think he'll last to the 7th round.

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic and realistic mock. I especially like the Short, Warmack, Bailey, and Bass picks. AJ Klein is never going to be anything more than a STer though. I'd rather take someone with more potential than him in the 4th.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:

- Most of what I saw on him was zone coverage, which was good, he does move around alot with good speed. Dings I've got on him is he takes poor angles and too many unnecessary steps.

I like other like Hodges and Reddick as well, but just wanted to put in another name that is in that area.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:

I like other like Hodges and Reddick as well, but just wanted to put in another name that is in that area.

Like Reddick as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: