Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bizzles Mock 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Bizzles Mock 2013 Reply with quote

Lots of prep work for this one. I spent a lot of time watching vids and reading blogs and pounding twitter for information. I think this mock addresses our needs and makes our football team much more physical and much deeper and better. With that said have a look and let me know what you think.

GoPackGo!

Round 1, pick 26 The Packers select:

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International, (6'0 210 lbs)

Cyprien adds to a defense that is weak up the middle. He is a rangy S prospect with the ability to play both the run and the pass. Great Tackler and has some skills playing the ball. I think Burnett with a higher ceiling. Burnett, McMillian, and Cyprien stock the cupboards at Safety for the next few years. Not a bad trio to protect the back end of our defense for years to come. I would love to see some 3 safety looks with these guys!

Round 2, pick 55 Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin (6'4 312 lbs)

Somewhat of a surprise pick... Frederick didn't "wow" anyone at the combine and that is just fine with Teddy. Teddy has drooled over this kid for a few years (when scouting Konz, Carimi I believe he was enamored with Frederick). Frederick stabilizes the center position and adds an element of power to the running game. Having a quality C prospect really settles the rest of the O-line and sets up some great depth and competition.

Round 3, pick 88 Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern

Williams will help the D Line early by getting reps at DE. He could end up being groomed for NT once BJ leaves. (I see that happening) This selection also gives us a bit of help while Worthy fully recovers from his injury.

Round 4, pick 122 Vance McDonald, TE, Rice (6'4 265 lbs)

McDonald isn't the sexist of selections, but what he is, is what we lost in Tom Crabtree plus some. He's an inline TE with some speed to split the seam and catch balls. IMO, this surprise element to his game creates mismatches when he's on the field. He would produce early as a blocker while he develops his receiving game.

Round 5, pick 159 Vince Williams ILB, Florida St. (6'0 245 lbs)

Williams is a instinctual LB with a little violence to his game. He tackles HARD and awkward, similarly to the way Clay does it. (rare power in odd positions) He has the ability to diagnose a play and react with speed. He would be a great addition to our Lb corps and help on ST early on. I really like this kid!

Round 5, pick 167 Chris Harper WR, Kansas State (6'0 225 lbs)

Harper is in the mold of Boldin/James Jones in that he is not a burner, but he is very fast and sharp out of his breaks. His angular speed helps him create separation and get open. I like Harper a ton and I feel his talents are very underrated in this draft class.

Round 6, pick 196 Zac Stacy RB, Vandy (5'8 215 lbs)

Stacy is a perfect late round RB prospect. His metrics compare quite similarly to Doug Martin from last year. I don't believe Stacy is the prospect that Martin was, but he also doesn't come with the same price tag and draft capital. I like Stacy as a developmental RB who could get you through games early and could develop into a very solid NFL RB.

Round 7.. Justice Cunningham TE South Carolina (6'4 265)

Another big TE that can block and catch the ball. He is a high effort kid with lots of potential. He was somewhat limited by his QB play. Another guy I would love to see us draft. The thought of Finley, McDonald, Quarless and Cunningham at TE would is nice.

Last edited by Bizzle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Best mock I've seen for us in this forum in a really long time. Well done my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment. Some of the guys fit the draft slots very well and agree with projections, but as everyone knows come draft day, projections don't mean a whole lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit and miss for me.

Don't like Cyprien, especially in the first round. He is a big hitter for sure, but I'm suspect on his abilities in the pass game. He takes a lot of risks and gets burned, even at the low level competition.

Frederick is a pretty good pick. I'm not a fan of getting an interior lineman that early, but think we need one in the draft and he is good value there.

I like Williams okay at DT, but I think they will be looking for more length on the D-line.

I like the McDonald, Harper, and Stacy picks; not sure the first two will be available that late though.

I think we are stacked at ILB, and not sure Vince Williams is nothing but a back up, so just makes it more crowded. I would have rather seen a pick up of an OLB. Also two TE's? I wouldn't put it past TT, but I would have rather seen another position picked up.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunningham is the only pick here I'd reconsider.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid. I might go WR earlier in the draft, not very familiar with Harper. Good job man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Yes. Best mock I've seen for us in this forum in a really long time. Well done my friend.

I feel that same though 2 TE's had me scratching my head a little.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:

I feel that same though 2 TE's had me scratching my head a little.

Actually, I think two TE's is very likely. We've gotten next to nothing from DJ Williams and Ryan Taylor, Quarless still hasn't come back from that injury, and Crabtree left for TB. Then you look after the season. Finley will most likely leave and then we have an even bigger hole. That said, I do question the Cunningham pick. First, he's got no speed at all(4.9 40, ugh), secondly, why pick him in the 7th round when a much faster and more accomplished TE in Jake Stoneburner is there?

That pick, and the blown 1st round pick aside, this really isn't that bad. I like the Brandon Williams pick given your logic(which I agree with), and Vance McDonald would be excellent value if he were there in the 4th. The only reach you have(other than Cyprien) is the Vince Williams pick. I strongly suggest you read some scouting reports on the guy. He's got an injury history, he's very slow(4.9 40), and very stiff. There are far better ILB's there(which frankly we don't need to begin with). I'm also not too keen on Harper at all; he's been billed as a one-speed player and he's not explosive at all. I like Zac Stacy as a prospect, but we already have Zac Stacy on the team, he just goes by DuJuan Harris.
cooters22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft. Would like it actually if it fell to us like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: