Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Forum Big Board #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #2?
Ryan Nassib
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
EJ Manuel
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Matt Barkley
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Tyler Wilson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Landry Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Glennon
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Tyler Bray
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First throw is severely under thrown. Second throw, he's got the corner beat by 3 yards with no safety. He had a 25 yard window to lay that ball in over the middle of the field. He's a poor man's Chad Pennington.

TommyC376^^^
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I went with Barkley.. He may not have the upside or tools of Manuel, or Glennon but he fits what Marrone wants to run and is more NFL ready.

To everybody who says this, please explain. Then show me a QB that doesn't fit a WCO. Schefter retweeted this question the other day and its true. Show me a QB that doesn't fit the WCO. IMO, Nassib is clearly the best fit for whatever offense they run. He's much lighter on his feet rolling out, just as accurate, and has more zip on his intermediate throws.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
First throw is severely under thrown. Second throw, he's got the corner beat by 3 yards with no safety. He had a 25 yard window to lay that ball in over the middle of the field. He's a poor man's Chad Pennington.
Ok, we get it, you dont like Barkley. But the fact of the matter is that you're wrong, the 1st throw was a little under thrown but the second throw was beautiful, his the WR in stride. Its the WRs job to beat the CB.

Can you give me your QB list?

jsnydes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I went with Barkley.. He may not have the upside or tools of Manuel, or Glennon but he fits what Marrone wants to run and is more NFL ready.

To everybody who says this, please explain. Then show me a QB that doesn't fit a WCO. Schefter retweeted this question the other day and its true. Show me a QB that doesn't fit the WCO. IMO, Nassib is clearly the best fit for whatever offense they run. He's much lighter on his feet rolling out, just as accurate, and has more zip on his intermediate throws.
Well in a WCO you need a QB with good touch on the short to intermediate passes. Barkley has that. He also has the ability to stretch the field, does he have an elite arm? No. But his arm is good enough to make all the throws.

Glennon is god awful and if you dont think so look at his bowl game against Vandy. He at one point looked like a 1-2 round pick, then a few plays later looked like he could go undrafted. Sadly he made more plays that made him look like a late round pick. Plus 58.5% comp his final year isnt ideal. We need a QB who can be accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like half of them. They all have flaws. Just hate Barkley the most. Just like many analysts have said, he's a fourth round talent. I'm fine with taking him in round 3 but all this round 1 talk is crazy. I think Wilson is of similar talent. He comes with a tough guy attitude rather than a Southern California background. Plus you can get him later. Manuel is extremely raw. Nassib could either be JP Losman or Drew Brees. Bray has a lazy attitude and lazy footwork. I still like him as a 4th round guy who doesn't have to start right away. They all have flaws but I can't see spending a round 1-2 pick on a Quarterback who's ceiling is Chad Pennington. He didn't even look good at his pro day. With nobody on the field but his teammates. That's the one day you're supposed to boost your draft stock and he couldn't do it.

TommyC376^^^
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he's not getting that 2nd throw in the NFL. I want to see him drive the ball down the sideline over a defender. Not float it into a 25 yard window over the middle of the field.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I don't like half of them. They all have flaws. Just hate Barkley the most. Just like many analysts have said, he's a fourth round talent. I'm fine with taking him in round 3 but all this round 1 talk is crazy. I think Wilson is of similar talent. He comes with a tough guy attitude rather than a Southern California background. Plus you can get him later. Manuel is extremely raw. Nassib could either be JP Losman or Drew Brees. Bray has a lazy attitude and lazy footwork. I still like him as a 4th round guy who doesn't have to start right away. They all have flaws but I can't see spending a round 1-2 pick on a Quarterback who's ceiling is Chad Pennington. He didn't even look good at his pro day. With nobody on the field but his teammates. That's the one day you're supposed to boost your draft stock and he couldn't do it.
I firmly believe that Pro Days are worse than the combine in terms of evaluating talent. Ever since JaMarcus Russell had the "best Pro Day ever" I have been down on Pro Days. I like Barkley a lot. Not enough to take him #8, but if we did, I wouldnt be mad.

Last edited by TommyC376 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
And he's not getting that 2nd throw in the NFL. I want to see him drive the ball down the sideline over a defender. Not float it into a 25 yard window over the middle of the field.
If thats the route the WR is running and has beat the CB with no safety help, he would be dumb not to make that pass.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
If thats the route the WR is running and has beat the CB with no safety help, he would be dumb not to make that pass.

It's not a difficult throw. That's all I'm trying to say.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Fair enough. But the fact that he can make those kind of deep throws is something we havent seen in a while. Fitzy would have never attempted that throw ever. Mainly because he couldnt make the throw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more then just a WCO they run. Its also up tempo no huddle with hints of read option mixed in. I think Geno and Ej fit this they have the athletecism, arm and Ej has the smarts not sure if Geno does. Nassib is a good fit as he has played with these coaches and knows the system. Barkley dont know a great amount on the guy and I dont know if he would be able to run and not get injured if he did run to get a 1st down. Glennon is a statue he may run here and there but he will mainly stay in the pocket and I dont think he would fit into Marrone scheme. I dont like bray he may have an arm but he is to raw and immature the bills need a leader at qb not a follower. As for Wilson and the rest I am not sold on any of them being able to come in and compete right away.

In my opinion drafting Geno at 8 might be to high. if he was available at 8 i would like for the bills to trade down and then draft him. Jets wont be using the 9th pick on him and no other team really needs a qb except for the teams that are ahead of the bills in round 1. Trade with a team like miami, cowboys, st louis pick up a pick or 2 and then draft him.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

He is more accurate than the other QB's on the short - intermediate routes and out of the class, sure any QB could do well in it but he is the best in this class. Accuracy and timing are the key components something I worry about with Glennon or Nassib.

Let's also keep in mind intangibles like leadership, pocket prescence and being more NFL ready. Barkley is ahead of others here as well
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Fair enough. But the fact that he can make those kind of deep throws is something we havent seen in a while. Fitzy would have never attempted that throw ever. Mainly because he couldnt make the throw.

That's what I was looking at mostly as well. In both of those throws the ball is in the air over 50 yards (58 and 57 respectively). Is that the best arm ever? No. But is it a good arm, sufficient to be successful in the NFL? For sure.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: