Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young moving forward - Talks about Tennessee(video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
People still want to make excuses for this bum. He's not an NFL QB, plain and simple. Not sure why we're still bringing him up. He's trying to say the right things but fact is, he's just trying to get a job.

Yeah, I'm sure he's not. He only has 2 pro bowls and a winning record as a starter. But SURE he's not an NFL QB.

Pro bowls? That's what you retort to? A popularity contest in which he didn't deserve at all. Only reason he was there, was because other QBs dropped out. Winning record? I guess Tebow is an NFL QB as well, oh wait, he's stuck behind the great one Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young, has everything it takes to be an NFL QB. If you can or can not see.... Every since, Vince Young, was release Chris Johnson, hasn't done his very best. The best season Chris Johnson did was when Vince Young was our QB. He has a good record for wins. He helped us get threw some hard games. Jeff Fisher, never wanted Vince Young, in the first place. Bud Adams did. Fisher wanted Former USC QB, Matt.L. That hasn't done anything.
titans_5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Vince Young, has everything it takes to be an NFL QB. If you can or can not see.... Every since, Vince Young, was release Chris Johnson, hasn't done his very best. The best season Chris Johnson did was when Vince Young was our QB. He has a good record for wins. He helped us get threw some hard games. Jeff Fisher, never wanted Vince Young, in the first place. Bud Adams did. Fisher wanted Former USC QB, Matt.L. That hasn't done anything.

Vince Young had little to do with CJ running for 2000, take a look at our o-line that year, it was excellent. Young's record as a starter is that of a winner but I would say it is a product of the talent surrounding him and not him willing the team to victory.

As far as getting us "threw" some tough times I suggest you check a dictionary Rolling Eyes.

Jeff Fisher wanted Cutler if i am not mistaken, strongly recommended him to his friend Mike Shanahan who drafted him with the 10th pick (if memory serves correctly). Saying Matty L has not done anything in the NFL is not an endorsement of Young.

Fact is Vince Young is done, he will try out for Oakland this year, probably get cut after training camp and turn to a career of celebrity prostitution making "appearances" at rich middle aged women's cocktail parties in Houston.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

Vince Young had little to do with CJ running for 2000, take a look at our o-line that year, it was excellent. Young's record as a starter is that of a winner but I would say it is a product of the talent surrounding him and not him willing the team to victory.

As far as getting us "threw" some tough times I suggest you check a dictionary Rolling Eyes.

Jeff Fisher wanted Cutler if i am not mistaken, strongly recommended him to his friend Mike Shanahan who drafted him with the 10th pick (if memory serves correctly). Saying Matty L has not done anything in the NFL is not an endorsement of Young.

Fact is Vince Young is done, he will try out for Oakland this year, probably get cut after training camp and turn to a career of celebrity prostitution making "appearances" at rich middle aged women's cocktail parties in Houston.

I believe Fisher wanted to go defense that year and ride it out with McNair.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Not sure why we're still talking about vince, but here are my 2 cents. Talk is cheap. The statement that got me was the 'I haven't gotten my chance to shine like other guys'' comment. Really Vince? No bodies given you a shot? You were the #3 overall pick. You got 4 years in TN, 1 in Philly, and a TC in Buffalo. Each of those were 'chances to shine' and he didn't deliver. Thats more than most guys get. Or does his definition of 'chance to shine' actually mean being handed the starting job. Vince still doesn't get it. And he still sounds entitled.

What about Jeff Fisher didn't want him here did you not get. Since VY has left we have had terrible season after terrible season. You can say what you want about the guy or the team, but we were obviously better with him. You say he "didn't deliver" but he obviously did and our record shows as much..

It sounds like you didn't even watch the last 3 minutes of the video. He even directly said he only wants his 2nd chance to be given because he has grown up now and has a family.

Seriously Bro? Its true. Jeff Fisher did not want Vince Young. But that doesnt mean he didnt completely exhaust himself trying to groom Vince to be a great player and a professional. All that hoopla about Fisher trying to lose games to make Vince look as bad as possible is such crap. Vince had a super bowl team in 2008. He quit on us in week one vs JAX. I repeat QUIT. He refused to go back in the game. And Jeff Fisher saw what he had in this player. An entitled player who was unwilling to blame himself and take responsibility. The fact that Vince has been out of the league and Fisher is coaching an upstart Rams team proves to me who was the reason the titans became irrelevant.

Last edited by TitanMan30 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Not sure why we're still talking about vince, but here are my 2 cents. Talk is cheap. The statement that got me was the 'I haven't gotten my chance to shine like other guys'' comment. Really Vince? No bodies given you a shot? You were the #3 overall pick. You got 4 years in TN, 1 in Philly, and a TC in Buffalo. Each of those were 'chances to shine' and he didn't deliver. Thats more than most guys get. Or does his definition of 'chance to shine' actually mean being handed the starting job. Vince still doesn't get it. And he still sounds entitled.

What about Jeff Fisher didn't want him here did you not get. Since VY has left we have had terrible season after terrible season. You can say what you want about the guy or the team, but we were obviously better with him. You say he "didn't deliver" but he obviously did and our record shows as much..

It sounds like you didn't even watch the last 3 minutes of the video. He even directly said he only wants his 2nd chance to be given because he has grown up now and has a family.

I could care less about his time in Philly and Buffalo. All that matters to me is what he did here. Not only did he win games for us, but he did save Fisher's job twice. Yes, he was immature and handled his frustrations poorly, and he admits to all of that. But I could think of a lot of worse things he could've done. People want to talk like he's the worse thing to ever play QB. It's not like the guy went and shot up a high school or beat up his girlfriend and pie-faced his own mother or funded some dog-fighting operation. Whether people liked him or not, the guy can ball and he can win. I hate to tell y'all this, but if Locker shows that he's not the answer, I'll bet a whole dollar that Bud will to bring VY back, if he's still available.

As a fellow Houstonian, I respect your location my brother. And I understand the Vince love. I love college Vince as much as anyone. He had the heart of a lion. But you couldnt be more wrong about NFL Vince. He saved Fisher's job twice? Thats a joke. I wish Fisher would of got fired and went to a team that had an owner who owned and didnt let a cottled UT QB run the franchise into the dirt. Fisher lost his super bowl because of Vince. The 08 titans team was a freight train designed to be conducted by Vince. Not Kerry Collins. Vince quit. And his career went with him. Fisher is an old school coach. Theres probably 100 things Vince did that didnt get reported. But theres also a 100 things that did. He skipped meetings, he forgot plays, he drank way too much alcohol and was reportedly extremely moody. I knew we were in trouble when in 07 Kevin Mawae complained Vince was immature.

Jeff Fisher has faults just like anyone. Hes way too conservative. He refuses to adapt to the times. But he coaches players up and they have always played hard for him. Vince didnt save Fisher's job. Fisher saved Vince. Probably from death honestly. Vince blew 40 million dollars, his career, and his reputation. I said it when he was drafted. The titans and Jeff Fisher were the best situation for him. Vince got paid on his way into the league and lost all the drive that made him great. Fisher hid as much as possible from the media, but he couldnt stop the destruction that was meant to be. Vince Young was as talented as any QB in the NFL. But talent is not enough at this level. You need drive, strong family and team support, and most of all, humility.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:

As a fellow Houstonian, I respect your location my brother. And I understand the Vince love. I love college Vince as much as anyone. He had the heart of a lion. But you couldnt be more wrong about NFL Vince. He saved Fisher's job twice? Thats a joke. I wish Fisher would of got fired and went to a team that had an owner who owned and didnt let a cottled UT QB run the franchise into the dirt. Fisher lost his super bowl because of Vince. The 08 titans team was a freight train designed to be conducted by Vince. Not Kerry Collins. Vince quit. And his career went with him. Fisher is an old school coach. Theres probably 100 things Vince did that didnt get reported. But theres also a 100 things that did. He skipped meetings, he forgot plays, he drank way too much alcohol and was reportedly extremely moody. I knew we were in trouble when in 07 Kevin Mawae complained Vince was immature.

Jeff Fisher has faults just like anyone. Hes way too conservative. He refuses to adapt to the times. But he coaches players up and they have always played hard for him. Vince didnt save Fisher's job. Fisher saved Vince. Probably from death honestly. Vince blew 40 million dollars, his career, and his reputation. I said it when he was drafted. The titans and Jeff Fisher were the best situation for him. Vince got paid on his way into the league and lost all the drive that made him great. Fisher hid as much as possible from the media, but he couldnt stop the destruction that was meant to be. Vince Young was as talented as any QB in the NFL. But talent is not enough at this level. You need drive, strong family and team support, and most of all, humility.

TitanMan30, I have to hand it to you and give you mad props. You make a most compelling argument with much further enlightenment of that situation (at least for me anyway). I'm pretty headstrong on a lot of things, but not blind to any facts or completely unreasonable. There were times when Vince would have his head up his a$$, and I wasn't shy about calling it. Even when he got benched in '08, I thought it was justified. But even still, I remained one of his biggest supporters because of his potential and what I knew he could do once he got it together. My main criticism of him was about putting in the work to improve his game so that he could become THAT guy, and not trying to rely solely on his athleticism alone and riding on past success.
I know there were a few times he had some issues with missing meetings, and it got passed off as "misunderstandings" or "miscommunications" of course. And several people, not just Mawae, but Bulluck, Norm Chow, even (I dare say) Merril Hoge accused him of being a baby or immature. I never knew all of the details behind those criticisms, but I assumed he was probably doing a lot of griping and whining when things didnít go like he wanted. He was probably babied too much by his mom. Even then, I was saying it was time for him to start growing out of that sh-t. But the problems with him forgetting plays and drinking heavy were a couple of unknown issues to me. With that, I'm definitely going to yield any further arguments on the whole VY/Fisher struggle.

Not that it matters now, but I have to disagree about something. I don't believe it was a case of him getting paid and losing his drive to be great. I believe it was more of a case of him coming in with that strong sense of entitlement, and thinking that he was going to run through the NFL like he did college. The dude just came from UT, a place where he was treated like a god (and still is). He was the new NFL sensation and he had the world in his hands, then add in the early success in his rookie season. In his mind, the pros was going to be a cakewalk for him and that pretty much killed his work ethic. And you know how the rest of the story unfolded.

TitanMan30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TitanMan30 wrote:

TitanMan30, I have to hand it to you and give you mad props. You make a most compelling argument with much further enlightenment of that situation (at least for me anyway). I'm pretty headstrong on a lot of things, but not blind to any facts or completely unreasonable. There were times when Vince would have his head up his a$$, and I wasn't shy about calling it. Even when he got benched in '08, I thought it was justified. But even still, I remained one of his biggest supporters because of his potential and what I knew he could do once he got it together. My main criticism of him was about putting in the work to improve his game so that he could become THAT guy, and not trying to rely solely on his athleticism alone and riding on past success.
I know there were a few times he had some issues with missing meetings, and it got passed off as "misunderstandings" or "miscommunications" of course. And several people, not just Mawae, but Bulluck, Norm Chow, even (I dare say) Merril Hoge accused him of being a baby or immature. I never knew all of the details behind those criticisms, but I assumed he was probably doing a lot of griping and whining when things didnít go like he wanted. He was probably babied too much by his mom. Even then, I was saying it was time for him to start growing out of that sh-t. But the problems with him forgetting plays and drinking heavy were a couple of unknown issues to me. With that, I'm definitely going to yield any further arguments on the whole VY/Fisher struggle.

Not that it matters now, but I have to disagree about something. I don't believe it was a case of him getting paid and losing his drive to be great. I believe it was more of a case of him coming in with that strong sense of entitlement, and thinking that he was going to run through the NFL like he did college. The dude just came from UT, a place where he was treated like a god (and still is). He was the new NFL sensation and he had the world in his hands, then add in the early success in his rookie season. In his mind, the pros was going to be a cakewalk for him and that pretty much killed his work ethic. And you know how the rest of the story unfolded.

It's refreshing to read your post and not have you shout back insults like you get on alot of these boards sometimes. What I said is my opinion and what I have heard in the media. But alot of times in the media where theres smoke, theres fire. Vince Young made me a very happy UT fan. I love the guy for his football skills and talent. My passion comes from the pain I have with him. He could of revolutionized the position. But he let a lot of things and people get in the way of that. As for Vince's mother. You can google some stuff and find out how hard his upbringing was. Vince had no father figure in his life and his mother was a drug abuser who had a ton of issues while he was growing up. Football was his escape in life. I hope the best for Vince and he will always be a legend. But I truly get upset when I read all the stuff about Jeff Fisher being the problem. Theres no doubt in my mind Jeff tried to help that kid in every way possible.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

I think there was an element of entitlement there, certainly. But I also think Vince lacked the mental capacity (not trying to be mean here) to learn offenses and read defenses in real-time during a game. There were rumors of revising the playbook multiple times in Texas to accommodate him. There were also stories about him not understanding line calls or play calls after four years in Tennessee. I remember someone mentioning the time he got pile-drived against the Steelers and saying multiple people in the huddle were telling him the protection was wrong, but he just didn't get it. That would drive other players crazy, no matter how much talent he showed otherwise. I'm really just offering an educated guess based on numerous stories that leaked out (Fisher was near flawless at making sure most of it never got out to the media), but I think Vince tried to learn the offense and just got frustrated with being unable to, which led to him quitting both mentally and physically. And in sports, that's really the unforgivable sin as a teammate. You can screw up off the field as much as you want but if you stop giving 100% on the field - or refuse to even play - it's almost impossible to re-gain trust after that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I think there was an element of entitlement there, certainly. But I also think Vince lacked the mental capacity (not trying to be mean here) to learn offenses and read defenses in real-time during a game. There were rumors of revising the playbook multiple times in Texas to accommodate him. There were also stories about him not understanding line calls or play calls after four years in Tennessee. I remember someone mentioning the time he got pile-drived against the Steelers and saying multiple people in the huddle were telling him the protection was wrong, but he just didn't get it. That would drive other players crazy, no matter how much talent he showed otherwise. I'm really just offering an educated guess based on numerous stories that leaked out (Fisher was near flawless at making sure most of it never got out to the media), but I think Vince tried to learn the offense and just got frustrated with being unable to, which led to him quitting both mentally and physically. And in sports, that's really the unforgivable sin as a teammate. You can screw up off the field as much as you want but if you stop giving 100% on the field - or refuse to even play - it's almost impossible to re-gain trust after that.

Man I remember that game with the Steelers and that play. VY got side suplexed like the WWE. It's safe to say that the people in the huddle was absolutely right about the protection. If he didn't get it then, I'm sure he got it after that play. Hell, that play even hurt me just watching it.

But if Vince indeed quit on his team and/or they got that notion, then you're right. He's pretty much done. Being accused of quitting in pro sports is almost as bad as being labeled a sex offender in everyday life. The damage to your reputation is almost impossible to shake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: