Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft 4/23 (Updated)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Mock Draft 4/23 (Updated) Reply with quote

1. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU 6'2 210lbs

From all accounts we really wanted Stephan Gilmore last year but he was drafted by the Bills ahead of us and has turned in a very nice rookie year. Rhodes is similar to Gilmore and excels at press coverage something we will play more of as we will be more aggressive blitzing with Williams on the staff.

2. Margus Hunt DE SMU 6'8 277lbs

Maybe reading into the presser is a bad idea and all a smokescreen but they mentioned getting sturdier on the defensive line. Hunt played 3-4 DE at SMU so his main priority was stacking the line which bodes well for the sturdier label. Luckily he has the upside to be so much more than that with his immense size(something we seem to be looking for judging by the offseason) and athleticism. He is older and a little raw but his major flaw is pad level something I think Keith Millard could correct and make him scary.

3. Brian Winters OG Kent State 6'4 320lbs

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/833/930/hi-res-5764394_display_image.jpg?1355763918[/img]

We finally grab a guard and address the offensive line. We have shown a ton of interest in Winters and he seems like the type of lineman we typically target. He played tackle but is a perfect candidate at guard with his toughness, physicality, and demeanor. I like the fact he was a former wrestler.

3. Barrett Jones C Alabama 6'5 306lbs

A smart, technically sound center with versatility and a ton of exp. against SEC defenses. His best position is center but can play elsewhere in a pinch. Velasco is only under contract for a year and Jones is only available due to an injury that may start him out on the PUP but we have enough depth to let him get healthy and possibly take over or compete for a starting job next season.

4. Marquess Wilson WR Washington St. 6'3 194lbs

[img]http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/09/10/2_t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3[/img]

As much as everybody wants KB to put it together we just don't know. Wilson provides a big body WR with good speed and upside. If it wasn't for questions about his character he might have been selected by now. He was in for a visit which may mean nothing at all but we were interested enough to take a look.

5. Rontez Miles FS California University (PA) 6'0 203lbs

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/GenericImages/2013/02/26/rontez-miles-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67cdb10c81[/img]

Small school sleeper prospect. Is built like a corner but dominated a lower level of competition and showed extremely fluid movement skills and has top notch closing speed. Ran 4.6 but he reminds me of a small school Vaccarro the way he covers and sticks with receivers

6. Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt 5'9 216lbs

Stocky compact runner with good vision and balance. He ran better than I expected but he is a durable workhorse. He doesn't have any qualities that jump out at you but produces. Bye bye Jamie Harper.

7. John Lotulelei LB UNLV 6'0 233lbs

A team captain at UNLV who was productive but undersized. Hits like he is much bigger and can play inside or out. Good depth and a try hard player who will at worst be a depth/ST ace. At least we got a Lotulelei right? Smile

7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt 6'2 200lbs

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/407/642/128792783_crop_650x440.jpg?1319079210[/img]

We have nothing to lose taking a chance on a local kid with some bloodlines. Let him battle Rusty for the third spot and hope we hit gold.

Last edited by titansfb53 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be okay with this mock. I'm not the biggest fan of Werner but I could live with it. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Werner is to ordinary and doesn't have a high enough ceiling to warrant the 10th overall pick. If we're going to take a DE in the first round I want an elite pass-rusher on the edge. Morgan does well in his role of setting the edge and playing the run and he's improving his pass-rush each time we see him and actually gets pretty consistent pressure. In reality, I see guys like Dion Jordan and Ziggy Ansah off the board when we pick at 10, so I really hope we look OG, DT, WR or trade back.

The rest of the draft looks pretty solid to me. The more I think about it, the more clear it becomes that we're definitely really high on Brian Winters and barring someone reaches for him, we're going to grab him in the 3rd/4th. It looks like Munch and Matthews are convinced he's an elite talent with good potential and I'm going to trust their evaluations. If they're as high on Winters as it looks, we may all be wrong and they may bypass OG in not only the first round, but the second as well.

Man, I love the draft.
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I would be okay with this mock. I'm not the biggest fan of Werner but I could live with it. Good job.

Thanks man. I like Bjoern he isn't my first choice of DE but he has NFL ready size and strength. He isn't the most explosive but he has a little Jared Allen to him in that he is instinctive and has a good repertoire of moves.

I think you will see many players early who are ready to play day 1 as the FO knows its do or die this year and they need production over upside now. Obviously Ansah and Jordan would be awesome but there is a good chance they are gone.
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
IMO, Werner is to ordinary and doesn't have a high enough ceiling to warrant the 10th overall pick. If we're going to take a DE in the first round I want an elite pass-rusher on the edge. Morgan does well in his role of setting the edge and playing the run and he's improving his pass-rush each time we see him and actually gets pretty consistent pressure. In reality, I see guys like Dion Jordan and Ziggy Ansah off the board when we pick at 10, so I really hope we look OG, DT, WR or trade back.

The rest of the draft looks pretty solid to me. The more I think about it, the more clear it becomes that we're definitely really high on Brian Winters and barring someone reaches for him, we're going to grab him in the 3rd/4th. It looks like Munch and Matthews are convinced he's an elite talent with good potential and I'm going to trust their evaluations. If they're as high on Winters as it looks, we may all be wrong and they may bypass OG in not only the first round, but the second as well.

Man, I love the draft.

I think Bjoern has upside but obviously not to the likes of an Ansah or Jordan. I'd love either of them but they may be snatched up by #10. I wonder what the FO thinks of Jordan and how they would use him. Would he be a hybrid OLB/DE or a full time end or full time strong side backer? Ayers seems like he has that spot so I'd imagine if we grab him he is a 4-3 end and OLB in 3-4 looks but can he hold up as his durability is a slight concern.

I don't think the FO will go guard at 10 I just don't see the value as good as Chance is. We've shown too much interest in Winters to not take him at some point which is why I waited until the 3rd to address the position as hard as it would be to pass on Warford rd 2.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it alot. Only pick I don't like is Rodgers. Werner is a very good pick and all-around he's a very good DE. Not sure why others don't like him.
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I like it alot. Only pick I don't like is Rodgers. Werner is a very good pick and all-around he's a very good DE. Not sure why others don't like him.

Ehh it's the 7th round and it's better than looking at Rusty Smith. Yeah I think he does well in the NFL especially since he has a number of pass rushing moves which is usually not yet developed in most DE's coming out. Everyone likes Carradine but they don't realize he got single teams since Bjoern was receiving most of the attention but still put up numbers. ACC defender of the year isn't by accident.
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfb53 wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Thanks man. I like Bjoern he isn't my first choice of DE but he has NFL ready size and strength. He isn't the most explosive but he has a little Jared Allen to him in that he is instinctive and has a good repertoire of moves.

I think you will see many players early who are ready to play day 1 as the FO knows its do or die this year and they need production over upside now. Obviously Ansah and Jordan would be awesome but there is a good chance they are gone.

Werner has prototypical size and great strength for the position but when I watch game tape I just don't see an elite end that's going to change the outcome of games for us. I used the word ordinary and that's what I'll stick with until he becomes an All-Pro and proves me wrong. Not to mention, the 10th overall pick is too high to draft someone that's going to be rotation/depth in his rookie year and possibly throughout his entire career here. It's nothing against Werner, he's a great player and will probably have a KVB style career in terms of production, IMO, I just don't see the value in taking him 10th overall.
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
titansfb53 wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Werner has prototypical size and great strength for the position but when I watch game tape I just don't see an elite end that's going to change the outcome of games for us. I used the word ordinary and that's what I'll stick with until he becomes an All-Pro and proves me wrong. Not to mention, the 10th overall pick is too high to draft someone that's going to be rotation/depth in his rookie year and possibly throughout his entire career here. It's nothing against Werner, he's a great player and will probably have a KVB style career in terms of production, IMO, I just don't see the value in taking him 10th overall.

Fair enough like I said he isn't my first choice and I'm predicting who I think we will pick not necessarily who I want. I really want Dion Jordan or Ansah but its a long shot, crazier things have happened though.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 10 is a reach for Werner even though he just looks like a Titan.

As for Da'Rick, No way he is there in the 3rd. I think he goes early 2nd

Winters also looks like a titan

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
titansfb53

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I think 10 is a reach for Werner even though he just looks like a Titan.

As for Da'Rick, No way he is there in the 3rd. I think he goes early 2nd

Winters also looks like a titan

He does seem like a Titan pick and we have shown a lot of interest in Winters which I think is why we will wait until the 3rd but I could see them jump on Warford in the 2nd.

I'm hoping he slides due to his past but I could see him go earlier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: