Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Post - Your thoughts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PFB333


Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: First Post - Your thoughts Reply with quote

Hello to everybody.

I've enjoyed these forums for a couple of years. This is my first post and I welcome your thoughts.

How would you feel about picking up Tyson Clabo and sliding Bulaga to left tackle?

Assuming we don't pick-up a tackle in free agency, what do you think about taking

D. J. Fluker in the 1st Round.

John Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins or William Gholston in the 2nd Round.

Barrett Jones or Bacari Rambo in the 3rd Round.

Le'Veon Bell or Marcus Lattimore in the 4th Round.

Dion Sims (I watched a lot of Michigan State, what can I say?) in the 5th Round.

Let's Go Pack!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Kuhn


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 369
Location: UWM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loooooveeee me some Sims in the 5th!
Fluker is a no-go for me. We have enough depth at Tackle with Barclay, Sherrod, Newhouse and Datko. Sherrod will get his chance.
Jenkins or Hankins in the 2nd would me music to my ears and near ideal pickups value wise. Gholston in the 5th I would be comfortable with.
Love the 3rd rounders. Either pickup is excellent value and would make me very happy!!!
I'm jump on Lattimore in the 4th. I have faith that he can return to form. Bell will be long gone. I don't like him anyway.

Good stuff for a 1st post.
_________________
ChaRisMa wrote:
So get off Ted's cashews people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19890
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I ask is that you change the title of the thread to give a better indication of what's inside. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KingCobb


Joined: 04 Nov 2012
Posts: 35
Location: Collegeville, MN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Tyson Clabo but our cap is too tight to make a pick up like that. I want to see more Sherrod first.

No to DJ Fluker. I don't think he fits our scheme well at all.

Yes to Hankins and Jenkins there. I wait another round before I take a look at Gholston.

Yes to Jones and Rambo at that slot. I have a weird hunch that Rambo is gonna be an Aqib Talib type. Productive player but trouble if he doesn't walk into a strong locker room.

Yes to Lattimore or Bell in the 4th.

I think if Dion Sims pans out he would fill the Crabtree/Mulligan role with some extra size and athleticism. He would have to check out well on special teams and I'd like to see him slim down to improve his speed/agility (MSU's website had him at 285 Shocked ) but I think he could be a solid role player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14378
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluker would be an interesting pick. As much as I'd like to see Sherrod succeed, it would be nice to finally just go into a season feeling confident in our OL. A Sitton-Fluker right side of the line would be very nice to run behind. It would come at the expense of pass pro, but that's not Aaron's blindside so he can escape pressure pretty well from there. Not something I would advocate or be opposed to, I'm indifferent on adding him!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AaronCharles


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1397
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of Bulaga at LT.
_________________


[quote="DainTrain28"](Reggie White's four year, $17 million deal was larceny).[/quote]

Clearly unaware that White got the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9666
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to echo AaronCharles. Say no to Bulaga on the left side.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I'm going to echo AaronCharles. Say no to Bulaga on the left side.
x3
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8627
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending a first on Sherrod he's gonna get every chance to succeed. We have tackles coming out of our ears. I'd rather we look at a center and maybe a guard for backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2800
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
After spending a first on Sherrod he's gonna get every chance to succeed. We have tackles coming out of our ears. I'd rather we look at a center and maybe a guard for backup.


MM made a comment about Sherrod's leg that makes me wonder just how ready he is going to be this year. We may find out early int eh draft because, on paper, the Packers do seem to have OT covered unless Sherrod is not ready. I also agree a Center is a must and backup OG, or a guy that can do either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFB333


Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8627
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
After spending a first on Sherrod he's gonna get every chance to succeed. We have tackles coming out of our ears. I'd rather we look at a center and maybe a guard for backup.


MM made a comment about Sherrod's leg that makes me wonder just how ready he is going to be this year. We may find out early int eh draft because, on paper, the Packers do seem to have OT covered unless Sherrod is not ready. I also agree a Center is a must and backup OG, or a guy that can do either.


What did MM say? I dont' recall hearing it...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8627
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10487
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4119
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
PFB333 wrote:
The health of Sherrod's leg was the reaon for my post. I have little confidence in Newhouse. If Sharrod's not ready to go, there are real problems with the blind side.

I think Barrett Jones in the 3rd would fill the need for backup center and guard.

Assuming Sharrod's ready, what should the Packers target in the first round? Wide Receiver? Tight end? D-Line?


I'd get someone on the DL, ILB or safety. TT is great at finding WRs in later rounds.


Is he really?

Greg Jennings: 2nd round, #52
James Jones: 3rd round, #78
Jordy Nelson: 2nd round, #36
Randall Cobb: 2nd round, #64

Who are these "WRs in the later rounds" that he has found? He's picked up a few guys as roster filler, but none of them have really DONE anything in the league. All of the major contributors have been pretty high draft picks.

With the upcoming contract situations of all of those guys, + Finley, I seriously expect to see WR/TE addressed early and probably more than once this draft.


I agree with Spill on this one. I just wonder which of the "need" Laughing positions TT will ignore in the draft this year. Is it going to be WR, S, Dline, RB, or OLine? You know he is not going to draft all of these positions and people are going to be upset when one of them gets ignored in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group