Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Schiano 'not on board' with Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Freeman plays well I'm giving him the franchise tag. One year won't change him unless he wins a Superbowl or something.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
If Freeman plays well I'm giving him the franchise tag. One year won't change him unless he wins a Superbowl or something.

We are playing another last place schedule again, so. He needs to prove he can play against good teams. He hasn't.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Isn't this how we all pretty much feel? If Free sucks this year then we replace him. If he plays well, resign him. Seems pretty easy.

Yup.

Thing is, what's your back up plan if he starts the year off horribly? That's why I think Schiano is "pushing" to draft someone earlier than we think. I don't think, for his job security and the way the nfl is, he wants to suffer a losing season on the account of josh freeman playing awful again.

Schiano is not going to get fired for Freeman playing bad. Ride with Freeman until the wheels fall off. And if he tanks, we move on and make a plot to obtain Teddy Bridgewater.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Isn't this how we all pretty much feel? If Free sucks this year then we replace him. If he plays well, resign him. Seems pretty easy.

Yup.

Thing is, what's your back up plan if he starts the year off horribly? That's why I think Schiano is "pushing" to draft someone earlier than we think. I don't think, for his job security and the way the nfl is, he wants to suffer a losing season on the account of josh freeman playing awful again.

Schiano is not going to get fired for Freeman playing bad. Ride with Freeman until the wheels fall off. And if he tanks, we move on and make a plot to obtain Teddy Bridgewater.

I dont think he should. But there will be a high chance Dominik could be fired.
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My whole opinion on the situation with Freeman is that if he plays well, we resign him. I like Freeman and I think he gets a lot more criticism than he deserves. Another year in this offense will really help him out. A heathy line would also be good for him as well. I feel like the key factor in his return to Tampa is going to be money. How much does he want? Does he want $10-12 mill or does he want Romo money and demand $18-20 a year? I don't mind paying him $11 million but if we do get Revis and pay that crazy contract he wants, we won't be able to afford Freeman to stay.

Rise and Grind. Gators 2013
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
probably the only thing I agree with schiano on...

draft Landry Jones and let's roll baby

Not liking Freeman..sure. But Landry Jones? Really?

Landry or Matt Scott

Landry will be the most polished passer from this draft class...kid can sling it
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
probably the only thing I agree with schiano on...

draft Landry Jones and let's roll baby

Not liking Freeman..sure. But Landry Jones? Really?

Landry or Matt Scott

Landry will be the most polished passer from this draft class...kid can sling it

Landry Jones???
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Yup.

I don't see how throwing a project qb in a week class that you want us to draft in the second round is supposed to save the ship if it starts sinking.

Draft a te, solid 3rd wr, a dt, lb, de, cb (if Ronde doesn't come back) with that second, someone that will actually help from day one. Why waste a early pick just in case Freeman starts slow. If he does a decent job or comes out guns blazing.... woot woot we used our 2nd round pick on our future clip board holder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman will be what...25 next year?

I really think you'd guys will be bailing on him too soon if he's not great next year...

I mean Joe Flacco wasnt great this year either. However, his team was in the playoffs and then went into Joe Montana mode.

Not saying Freeman is Flacco, but I'd worry about letting Freeman go too soon and when he's 28/29 he's lighting it and finally reached his potential..
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

I really think you'd guys will be bailing on him too soon if he's not great next year...

I mean Joe Flacco wasnt great this year either. However, his team was in the playoffs and then went into Joe Montana mode.

Not saying Freeman is Flacco, but I'd worry about letting Freeman go too soon and when he's 28/29 he's lighting it and finally reached his potential..

Man people just look at flaccos stats. The guy has alway been good and consistent. Wins ball games and leads his team in crucial situations wen it matters.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Django wrote:

Man people just look at flaccos stats. The guy has alway been good and consistent. Wins ball games and leads his team in crucial situations wen it matters.

He has always been good and consistent? The biggest Ravens fan on the planet wouldn't even say that Laughing

His historic playoff run doesn't erase the fact that Flacco has been one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Django wrote:

He has always been good and consistent? The biggest Ravens fan on the planet wouldn't even say that Laughing

His historic playoff run doesn't erase the fact that Flacco has been one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league.

So, going to the AFC Championship in years 08, 11, and 12 aren't good? He plays his best when needed. Sure his defense was great in years 2008 and 2009, but there was a drop off after that.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Django wrote:

So, going to the AFC Championship in years 08, 11, and 12 aren't good? He plays his best when needed. Sure his defense was great in years 2008 and 2009, but there was a drop off after that.

Getting to multiple conference championship games seems like an awfully arbitrary way to judge a QB. By that method Mark Sanchez and Jake Delhomme are beasts.

Joe Flacco is maddeningly inconsistent. Saying that he has always been good and consistent is a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Django wrote:

Getting to multiple conference championship games seems like an awfully arbitrary way to judge a QB. By that method Mark Sanchez and Jake Delhomme are beasts.

Joe Flacco is maddeningly inconsistent. Saying that he has always been good and consistent is a joke.

Just because his stats aren't sexy and he won't be your number 1 choice in fantasy drafts, doesn't mean he's not a good QB. He makes plays to win ball games. He plays his best.

Flacco will have his off days in the regular season, but he makes plays. Similar to Eli. You need him in big games, he's there.

http://m.nfl.com/players/stats/FLA009602/joe-flacco/

You want stats? That's consistency. Never more than 12 INTs in a year, and is effecient in the regular season. Ben Roethlisbuerger is a similar QB. He wont wow you with sexy numbers either, but he makes plays to win games.

All those QBs you want to compare Freeman to: Eli, Flacco, and Ben: They have poise. They shake off mistakes.

Free gets rattled too easily and trys to do too much. It's laughable to say Freeman will be just like them due to statistical carrer path's being similar or better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: