Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Spanky's Mock Draft 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanky3801

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Spanky's Mock Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

Round 1.
Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
-With Joeckel, Fischer, and Johnson gone, Mingo becomes BPA and fills a need.

Round 3.
William Gholston DE Mich St.
-Is this a reach? Most mock drafts had Akeem Hicks going in the 6th last year and look where we took him. Drafting Gholston will move Hicks to NT. NT may not be a bad thing. Some have been known to generate a pass rush and not just collapse a line.

Round 4.
Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon
-With Hawthorne underachieving and Vilma aging, young talent is needed.

Round 5.
Chris Faulk OT LSU
-We need to draft an OL at some point. He was once considered a high 2nd rounder.

Round 6.
Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
-We've been down the McCown road. Bray is extremely talented like Ryan Mallet, but he just didn't play out like he should've last season. I really like this guy.

Round 7.
Your guess is as good as mine.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Spanky's Mock Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Round 1.
Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
-With Joeckel, Fischer, and Johnson gone, Mingo becomes BPA and fills a need.

Round 3.
William Gholston DE Mich St.
-Is this a reach? Most mock drafts had Akeem Hicks going in the 6th last year and look where we took him. Drafting Gholston will move Hicks to NT. NT may not be a bad thing. Some have been known to generate a pass rush and not just collapse a line.

Round 4.
Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon
-With Hawthorne underachieving and Vilma aging, young talent is needed.

Round 5.
Chris Faulk OT LSU
-We need to draft an OL at some point. He was once considered a high 2nd rounder.

Round 6.
Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
-We've been down the McCown road. Bray is extremely talented like Ryan Mallet, but he just didn't play out like he should've last season. I really like this guy.

Round 7.
Your guess is as good as mine.

I like Mingo but it all depends on who is still available... I don't think Mingo is a guy that the Saints feel they just can't pass up. He's just a guy that's in the discussion.

The word on Airline drive is that Hicks future is most likely at NT. He'll play some DE in heavy sets and obvious run defense but for the most part the Saints want to bring him along as the future in the middle.

If this is the case, the Saints would benefit much more if they could land an elite defensive lineman to play opposite Cam Jordan as a bookend. Someone who is quick, powerful and disruptive. Prospects that fit the bill to me are Shariff Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Sylvester Williams & Kawann Short. Will Smith MUST be relegated to a reserve role and Ellis cannot be allowed back!

As for the rest...

I don't like Gholston at all, Alonzo in the 4th would be solid and so would Faulk in the 5th. I doubt Bray last to the 6th and I thought we traded our 7th for Barrett Rudd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like rounds 4-6. Not a big fan of Mingo, and I had us taking Gholston in my mock, as well. I think where you have him going is a reach.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: