Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins just $30,000 under the salary cap
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-structure Trent Williams, Barry Cofield, and Josh Morgan. Possibly cut Santana Moss.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Re-structure Trent Williams, Barry Cofield, and Josh Morgan. Possibly cut Santana Moss.
Moss took a pay cut to stay, I doubt they cut him now, he'll be given a chance to make the team as will Carriker.

Garcon, Chester, Bowen and Wilson are possibilities for restructures also. These are all guys who played well for us since we signed them and they are still in their prime. Unlike in the past (when we restructured old or unproductive players) I don't think restructuring these solid players hurts us because we should want them around till 2015 or even 2016.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:

Moss is safe. The dude was RGIIIs Saftey valve last season in key situations. He is also a fantastic veteran to help teach and mold the younger guys into young men like himself.

Plus, he is the original Cowboy Killer.

He is on the team for one more season at the least. Maybe two. I would LOVE for Moss to stay for a deeper playoff run after being such an integral part of so many terrible Redskin teams.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Second, I head "redskins at one" a few days ago and they were talking about the fact that D. Hall's contract was written in such a way that if we cut him he has ZERO cap impact. So, if, for example, Minnifield is crushing Hall in camp, he can be cut and have no impact on the teams cap moving forward. I hope its the same for the Sex Cannon.

Nearly. Rex has a $10K signing bonus. If he's active for 8 games, he gets a $30K bonus; if active for 12 games, it's a total of $45K in bonuses. Of course, if he's cut before the season begins, he sees none of that (and his salary wouldn't be guaranteed).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: