Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders re-sign DE Andre Carter to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13890
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Why? Embarassed

Didn't do much last year, way past his prime, is he going to help us get to the playoffs? Nope, so I would rather see what a younger player can do.


Let's see.
Because we at least need depth.
Because none of our current DEs are pass rushers.
Because you can't fill all our needs in one year.
Because it's a one year stopgap deal.
Because he's probably cheap.
Because he's the best value for a pass rusher out there.
Because he knows the staff and the scheme.

It won't stop us from drafting a pass rushing DE if we're in position to do so.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 7859
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Why? Embarassed

Didn't do much last year, way past his prime, is he going to help us get to the playoffs? Nope, so I would rather see what a younger player can do.


Why do you think Reggie picked him up?

I like the move and am not surprised. Gives us an option if the draft doesn't fall our way. We also need a vet to teach the young guys on the DLine.

Yes I agree with you and Big Rob. Only DE I could see them getting with #3 pick would be Ansah and that may be to high to get him so more than likely if we have to pick at #3 we will be getting a DT. Much is left to be desired at DE after the 2nd round so this is good insurance while not the preference I assume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 20475
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Why? Embarassed

Didn't do much last year, way past his prime, is he going to help us get to the playoffs? Nope, so I would rather see what a younger player can do.


Let's see.
Because we at least need depth.
Because none of our current DEs are pass rushers.
Because you can't fill all our needs in one year.
Because it's a one year stopgap deal.
Because he's probably cheap.
Because he's the best value for a pass rusher out there.
Because he knows the staff and the scheme.

It won't stop us from drafting a pass rushing DE if we're in position to do so.


So why did he sign him again? Confused Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they signed him allot earlier this year. Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
backinblack


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Why? Embarassed

Didn't do much last year, way past his prime, is he going to help us get to the playoffs? Nope, so I would rather see what a younger player can do.


Maybe because of everyone around the orginization said he was the leader in the lockeroom and helped the younger players. plus as a pass rushing specialist he can still be productive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3458
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called this all the way, if we get a young pass rusher he is going to need a mentor.
_________________

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3458
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 33m
DE Andre Carter got a $1 million deal from #Raiders $940,000 salary, $60,000 workout bonus, includes an injury waiver, per
_________________

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13890
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 33m
DE Andre Carter got a $1 million deal from #Raiders $940,000 salary, $60,000 workout bonus, includes an injury waiver, per


I think that's a minimum salary benefit contract so the actual cap hit is inferior to that.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Reggie sucks for ever wanting him right? I mean that's your usual broken record.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Reggie sucks for ever wanting him right? I mean that's your usual broken record.


dont tell me your one of these adult children that spends days gnawing on a bone no one else is interested in...R U?

Grow up son.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Reggie sucks for ever wanting him right? I mean that's your usual broken record.


dont tell me your one of these adult children that spends days gnawing on a bone no one else is interested in...R U?

Grow up son.


**You're


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3458
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Reggie sucks for ever wanting him right? I mean that's your usual broken record.


dont tell me your one of these adult children that spends days gnawing on a bone no one else is interested in...R U?

Grow up son.


**You're

Laughing I wanted this guy to go away after his 3rd post, someone told me to take a chill pill.
_________________

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone_Collector


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 497
Location: So. Cal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Maybe because he's old and has a bad knee? Confused


Hopefully he has enough left in the tank to give us a lift on rushing the passer.
_________________


Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socallbraider


Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 153
Location: US
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
Andre Carter puts 10 sacks up year in year out when he plays with his hand in the ground.
He was a probowl End for the pats in 2011. and put double digits sacks up.The Pats dont make the playoffs without him(in 2011).

how anyone could not want this guy is amazing to me.


Maybe because he's old and has a bad knee? Confused


Hopefully he has enough left in the tank to give us a lift on rushing the passer.


IMO the "old" tag is overused.
Andre carter is a work out freak. he is chisled like a professional body builder and keeps himself im great shape.

his injury was never his knee BC, it was a torn quad....a muscle tear is not a recuring type injury...the tissue repairs itself stronger then before like with a bone break.

In any case,avioding "old" guys for the sake of it isnt an approach I consider wise 'just because".
If a guy can play, then you sign him.

I hope the bring Winslow in for a look @ TE. Now theres a guy with knee issues, but if he can man up and doesnt ask for anything more then the vet min, then why in the world would you say no based on what could happen?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group