Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent S Usama Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
NickButera wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 2h
Per PFF, New #Raiders S Usama Young was rated 3rd best tackling safety and 11th best in coverage last season

Which is odd. They also ranked Jenkins and Porter very poorly, yet general consensus is Porter and Jenkins are pretty decent, Young is generally considered not that great. Funny how stats work sometimes. Laughing

I think this is very miss leading. I actually feel sorry for you guys if he is starting.

He might make his tackles when he actually touches the person with the ball. But he takes the worst angles of anyone i have ever seen and therefore miss's way to many by not even getting a hand on them. He is ok in the box but open field he sucks.
Easily our worst starting DB last year. Stats might say other wise but the eye test proves the stats wrong.

I really appreciate your input. Stats are just a tool and there are such things as statistical anomalies. What I appreciate is when someone takes the time to EXPLAIN the anomaly with analysis rather than just discredit the source.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
NickButera wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 2h
Per PFF, New #Raiders S Usama Young was rated 3rd best tackling safety and 11th best in coverage last season

Which is odd. They also ranked Jenkins and Porter very poorly, yet general consensus is Porter and Jenkins are pretty decent, Young is generally considered not that great. Funny how stats work sometimes. Laughing

I think this is very miss leading. I actually feel sorry for you guys if he is starting.

He might make his tackles when he actually touches the person with the ball. But he takes the worst angles of anyone i have ever seen and therefore miss's way to many by not even getting a hand on them. He is ok in the box but open field he sucks.
Easily our worst starting DB last year. Stats might say other wise but the eye test proves the stats wrong.

I really appreciate your input. Stats are just a tool and there are such things as statistical anomalies. What I appreciate is when someone takes the time to EXPLAIN the anomaly with analysis rather than just discredit the source.

If he is your third saftey I would be OK with it. Hell I despite what I said in that post was annoyed we cut him. We went from having a bas starting FS to having no FS. I wanted to keep him and draft a FS to take over but have him as insurance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many of the players we are signing, he may be one that is simply a stop gap until a young FS gets up and running. I don't think anyone here will be campaigning to have him enshrined as the first member of the Raiders hall of fame.

But if he can give us adequate play and not the crap that Giordano gave us, then we will be farther ahead.

I just got so sick of Giordano getting beat for big plays or missing tackles then limping off the field like he was hurt. Then he would return a few plays later like nothing happened. He was more like a soccer playing, fake injury having con man. Evil or Very Mad

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: