Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Karlos Dansby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Karlos Dansby Reply with quote

According to Rotoworld Baltimore are looking into the possibility of bringing in Karlos Dansby if we dont find suitable replacements for Ray and Ellerbe.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Personally i think it would be a great move, bring him in on a 2-3 year deal aslong as its not to expensive, which i assume it wouldnt be since he hasnt had that much interest. Then Draft a LB round 1 or 2 say a Teo/Minter/Brown if available so they can start from day one, then draft another one in a later round say a Klein/Hodges to learn and be a rotational guy for the first season.

just a though?? what do you guys think??
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think we've already got a nice base of talent on the squad. So if we were to add a veteran- be it Urlacher or Dansby- then I think it drastically reduces our need to double dip at the position in the draft.

More likely, I would think signing a veteran that can ball... would give us the chance to draft an ILB talent later on... or be more patient in allowing one to fall to the right value before pouncing.

For instance, the forum mock draft poll has both Manti Te'O and Kevin Minter falling to the 45th pick in the draft... and a strong chance for both to fall to the 46th pick. In that situation IRL, I think it means we could a) trade back and select the faller or b) picked a safety or pass rusher in round 1 and then upon seeing those two guys falling, look to get in position to trade up and select either player.

But I don't think we need to double dip at the position if we sign a veteran.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think just from a leadership role, I'd rather get Urlacher than Dansby. Urlacher still has a little left in the tank, and if he can stay healthy AND play with a chip on his shoulder, then I'd be down for him to mentor whoever we draft in the early rounds.

Maybe a combo of Urlacher, Rolando McClain and a younger guy? Who knows, but it's going to be interesting to see who we get to replace Ray and Ellerbe, and I still don't think our next 2 starting ILB's are on the roster yet.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I think just from a leadership role, I'd rather get Urlacher than Dansby. Urlacher still has a little left in the tank, and if he can stay healthy AND play with a chip on his shoulder, then I'd be down for him to mentor whoever we draft in the early rounds.

Maybe a combo of Urlacher, Rolando McClain and a younger guy? Who knows, but it's going to be interesting to see who we get to replace Ray and Ellerbe, and I still don't think our next 2 starting ILB's are on the roster yet.

I think both Urlacher and Dansby are going to come hungry. Urlacher has his legacy that he will be looking to add onto, but Dansby was a very productive player last year that got released out of the blue.

I'd prefer we work out both players before making a decision though. That said, Urlacher has throughout his career been known as a guy who excels in pass coverage. I'm not going to pretend I've been following his last couple seasons intensely, but his PD/INT numbers still looked pretty good and if we're going to add a linebacker to our merry chorus, I'd prefer it be a guy who can add some coverage skills to the equation. I'd probably work Urlacher out first and make my decision from there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Rotoworld had to say:

Quote:
According to the Baltimore Sun's Mike Preston, the Ravens "might" consider signing free agent ILB Karlos Dansby.

Preston. That is all.

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind Dansby being brought in as long as McClain is cut. That would probably free up most of the cap room needed to sign Dansby while still leaving the Ravens with enough wiggle room to maybe make a move when some guys get cut later on in/after training camp. Plus I just don't want McClain on the team at all. Cutting McClain, signing Dansby, and still drafting a guy like Brown or Greene would give the Ravens a better LB group than they've had in a while when you consider the addition of Dumveril, a healthy Suggs, and a more seasoned Upshaw.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd gladly welcome either one of them. Like DB said, they're both going to come hungry, still searching for their first ring as both came as close as you can, leading their respective teams to the ship but failed to hoist the Lombardi in the end. They're pretty similar, but due to the fact Dansby is 3 years younger and was cut by Miami rather than being an UFA, like in Urlacher's case, I think it might give him the edge. It would be pretty cool to see Urlacher win the Super Bowl with us though.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I think both Urlacher and Dansby are going to come hungry. Urlacher has his legacy that he will be looking to add onto, but Dansby was a very productive player last year that got released out of the blue.

I'd prefer we work out both players before making a decision though. That said, Urlacher has throughout his career been known as a guy who excels in pass coverage. I'm not going to pretend I've been following his last couple seasons intensely, but his PD/INT numbers still looked pretty good and if we're going to add a linebacker to our merry chorus, I'd prefer it be a guy who can add some coverage skills to the equation. I'd probably work Urlacher out first and make my decision from there.

I agree, I've seen Urlacher play and his coverage skills are definitely desirable. I agree they should work both of them out and judge from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: