Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andre Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
OK. A week later, i am ready to start looking for possible replacements in free agency. Anyone up for Clabo instead of Smith? What are people's thoughts on Winston?

I still think Smith resigns. It's not like the draft is tomorrow. And i'd rather resign him to maintain line continuity.

The whole RT market is ice cold right now. There are several good ones out there, and it behooves the team to keep waiting to get the best deal. I don't mind the game they're playing with Smith right now.

However, if we're throwing him out, i guess Clabo.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
OK. A week later, i am ready to start looking for possible replacements in free agency. Anyone up for Clabo instead of Smith? What are people's thoughts on Winston?

I still think Smith resigns. It's not like the draft is tomorrow. And i'd rather resign him to maintain line continuity.

The whole RT market is ice cold right now. There are several good ones out there, and it behooves the team to keep waiting to get the best deal. I don't mind the game they're playing with Smith right now.

However, if we're throwing him out, i guess Clabo.

Second this. Prefer Smith but not worried about it.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro football talk is also reporting its more and more likely we let Smith walk. Supposedly we want a younger cheaper option via the draft

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Pro football talk is also reporting its more and more likely we let Smith walk. Supposedly we want a younger cheaper option via the draft

That's just a way of signaling to Smith's agent that it's time to reduce his price and negotiate seriously.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

That's just a way of signaling to Smith's agent that it's time to reduce his price and negotiate seriously.

I'll start worrying when other teams actually talk to him. The Cowboys are talking to Eric Winston, not even a whisper of Andre Smith was mentioned in the article I read about it. Everybody and their sister know that $9 mil "demand" is ridiculous. I doubt anyone is offering anything more than $6 at this point, if anyone has bothered making an offer.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I'll start worrying when other teams actually talk to him. The Cowboys are talking to Eric Winston, not even a whisper of Andre Smith was mentioned in the article I read about it. Everybody and their sister know that $9 mil "demand" is ridiculous. I doubt anyone is offering anything more than $6 at this point, if anyone has bothered making an offer.

Eric Winston (who has a brain) is said during a radio interview that he is seeking 3-4 million annually. A very reasonable price for a solid starter. Andre Smith (who doesn't have a brain) still thinks he can get 7+ million when the market says he clearly can't. I don't get it. I'm siding with the Bengals here.

At this rate he will most likely sign another 1 year prove it deal somewhere other than Cincy. Then test the market again next year. So long Tits McGee.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I'll start worrying when other teams actually talk to him. The Cowboys are talking to Eric Winston, not even a whisper of Andre Smith was mentioned in the article I read about it. Everybody and their sister know that $9 mil "demand" is ridiculous. I doubt anyone is offering anything more than $6 at this point, if anyone has bothered making an offer
Eric Winston (who has a brain) is said during a radio interview that he is seeking 3-4 million annually. A very reasonable price for a solid starter. Andre Smith (who doesn't have a brain) still thinks he can get 7+ million when the market says he clearly can't. I don't get it. I'm siding with the Bengals here. .

At this rate he will most likely sign another 1 year prove it deal somewhere other than Cincy. Then test the market again next year. So long Tits McGee.

Which is why I brought up the notion of looking at other options. It's not that I wouldn't welcome Andre back with open arms. But if he insists on not resigning, why not kick the tires on a few other available RTs. It would cost less than Andre and still fill the need so we can go other routes in the draft. In fact, checking them out can only help push Andre back sooner, unless his ego is so big that he says he wouldn't come back if the team even explored other options.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: