Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worms 2013 Saints Mock Draft: 4.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Worms 2013 Saints Mock Draft: 4.0 Reply with quote

Note: I see the Saints eventually addressing their concerns at left tackle via free agency with a veteran to compete with Charles Brown. In the draft, I see the Saints focusing on adding length, speed and athletic ability which is something this defense currently lacks as it projects to a 34 scheme in 2013.

1. Barkevious Mingo//OLB//Louisiana State

While Mingo will be somewhat of a project in his transition to the NFL and to OLB, he does possess the elite length, speed and athletic ability that the Saints should be focusing on adding in this draft.

3. Kiko Alonso//MLB//Oregon

Along with Mingo, the addition of Alonso would give the Saints an increase in length, speed and athletic ability but on the interior of their linebacking core this time. Alonso also possesses a physical element to his game that combined with his other physical tools would mesh well alongside Lofton on the inside.

4. T.J. McDonald//SS//Southern Cal

Sorry, Iím still not convinced Roman Harper or Malcolm Jenkins have a long-term future with this ball club. I feel both are on a one year trail basis, Harper do to his cap restraints and Jenkins to see if Ryan can finally get him to realize his potential. McDonald brings length, speed and physicality to the position and above average ball skills and coverage ability that Harper clearly lacks. Paired with Quddus, McDonald would give the Saints a big physical athletic safety tandem for the future at a value price.

5. Tharold Simon//CB//Louisiana State

Yep, another long, lean, athletic defender with speed and potential. Simonís stock has taken a hit as of late but he possesses the big, long, physical frame and press coverage potential the Saints were looking for in their pursuit of Nnamdi. Simon may take a year or two to develop but he has the potential to become a special player in Ryanís scheme.

6. Kwame Geathers//NT//Georgia

Continuing with the theme of this draft, Geathers possesses elite size, length and power for the position but is still a very raw prospect. Had Geathers returned to Athens this season where he would have been the starting NT for the Bulldogs 34 scheme his draft stock would have likely been much higher entering the 2014 draft. So, here the Saints get a good but raw long-term investment at the NT position that they can develop behind Bunkley for a year or two.

WHODAT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
spanky3801

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I saw an article about a tweet from Russell Shephard that the Saints were interested. The catch was that teams are interested as a possible DB, not a receiver.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

priority should be to find protection for Drew Brees. This draft is deep on the defensive side.

-voodoo's 2Ę

^NS922 on the sig^
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our draft goes like this, i will literally cry out of happiness.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
priority should be to find protection for Drew Brees. This draft is deep on the defensive side.

-voodoo's 2Ę

Agreed, but worm's got that covered. Very Happy

whodatworm23 wrote:
Note: I see the Saints eventually addressing their concerns at left tackle via free agency with a veteran to compete with Charles Brown. In the draft, I see the Saints focusing on adding length, speed and athletic ability which is something this defense currently lacks as it projects to a 34 scheme in 2013.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
krewebrees

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of the guys individually. It's together that worries me. Not a single offensive player. We live and die on offense. We need to make sure that stays great while also enhancing our defense. An all defensive draft worries me. My favorite pick is TJ McDonald. He doesn't have to start right away but can take over next year.

Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham:
Glenn Foster:
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so keen on taking an ILB & SS in rounds 3 and 4! Is Alonso fairly similar to Martez Wilson? They have similar measurable and there is a lot of talk of Wilson moving inside.

Add some more depth at OLB in round 3 with Corey Lemonier and LaVarr Edwards in round 4 to compete at DE Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: