Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Portis is coming back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE DENISON

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Josh Portis is coming back Reply with quote

Our former QB, Josh Portis is coming back to Seattle. Hasn't signed yet but I thing it's a good move. He knows the team and played in the CFL while he was away. I'm sure we'll see a QB picked up in the draft.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have Josh Portis around than any of these other re-tread has-beens whose names have been bandied about as possible backups to Russ Wilson.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thigpen wouldn't be bad. I like that he is athletic enough to run this offense effectively. He had a good season in KC 3 or 4 years ago. His team around him just sucked. I don't think Portis is anything more then a #3. Still think we sign Thigpen for vet min. And draft a QB like Colby Cameron from LTech in the 6th or 7th.
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
I would rather have Josh Portis around than any of these other re-tread has-beens whose names have been bandied about as possible backups to Russ Wilson.

Exactly. He doesn't offer much as a Passer, but he'd amazing in the option. Which is why he's back
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Ive always liked Portis

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:

I thought he was extremely overrated by fans in Seattle. Don't hate him, but some people, quite a lot of people it seemed, were making him out to be much more than he was.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

I thought he was extremely overrated by fans in Seattle. Don't hate him, but some people, quite a lot of people it seemed, were making him out to be much more than he was.
Overrated in what way? He's a great athlete, great size, great arm. However he's all potential, and that's probably all he'll ever be.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Overrated in what way? He's a great athlete, great size, great arm. However he's all potential, and that's probably all he'll ever be.

Sure he has a lot of potential but quite a lot of people thought we would have to be crazy to cut him, being too valuable, and there was no way he would make it through waivers to the PS.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Sure he has a lot of potential but quite a lot of people thought we would have to be crazy to cut him, being too valuable, and there was no way he would make it through waivers to the PS.
I'd agree that is overrating him.

ram29jackson wrote:
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Yes, but terrible awareness. He doesn't look anything close to an NFL QB. Did you watch him vs. Oakland in pre-season? 1/6 for 10 yards and those stats look better than he actually did.

If he had any sort of potential, don't you think another team would have swooped him up? Portis is a contingency plan, and most likely won't be on the roster at the start of the season.

"We all we got, we all we need"
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind Portis, bt I dont feel completely comfortable with him as our #2 QB. I kind of have a feeling that he wont be on our roster to start the season.

Ideally for me, we sign Thigpen as our #2 and draft Matt Scott in the 3rd or 4th to develop eventually into our #2.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Yes, but terrible awareness. He doesn't look anything close to an NFL QB. Did you watch him vs. Oakland in pre-season? 1/6 for 10 yards and those stats look better than he actually did.

If he had any sort of potential, don't you think another team would have swooped him up? Portis is a contingency plan, and most likely won't be on the roster at the start of the season.
When I say potential, I mean physical potential. That's why I say all he'll ever be is potential.

Aside from an NFL mind, he has every tool you want in a QB.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre-season just got a little more interesting

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Portis, When he was here in the past he had some good games in the preseason... He's a good scheme fit with our read option packages..

and this may sound funny but, I think Portis will learn a ton of stuff from Wilson as Wilson's back-up.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: