Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Benglas Pick at 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Benglas Pick at 37 Reply with quote

Hi

We're discussing and voting on the Bengals pick at 37 in the second round in the Draft Section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519446

Cheers

GFW
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy works for me

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam. the run on safeties has started in this scenario but all the RBs are still there for #53.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam. there isnt even another player I wold consider
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have re-signed Andre Smith, then I take Eddie Lacy, if no Smith, then I'm taking Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy isnt a home run hitter though. I'd go with Johnathan Franklin or wait to get Andre Ellington later.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Lacy isnt a home run hitter though.

Thats why you take Kenjon Burner, Knile Davis or any number of faster guys available deeper into the draft. IMO Lacy is that big impact AFCN bull of a back you need in our division, if; like me; you're not that impressed with BJGE.

I don't think the Bengals will take Lacy, but I would.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Elam or Reid here, and I'll go with Elam since he's the consensus safety. Absolutely no need for a RB in this scenario, as some good ones will still be available not only with their other 2nd rounder, but in the 3rd round.

Taking a RB early is almost never a good idea, IMO. Get the better safety. We desperately need a starter there outside of Reggie Nelson.
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Lacy isnt a home run hitter though. I'd go with Johnathan Franklin or wait to get Andre Ellington later.
I disagree with the notion Lacy isn't a home run hitter. He may not be a 4.4 speed game breaker but he's a chunk yardage back who is a punishing runner that gets better as the game goes on. Think Jamal Lewis minus the elite top end speed.

Lacy had 13 carries of twenty plus yards, good for 14th in the nation - despite only getting 204 carries. Ellington and Gio Bernard, two guys who get the home run back label, had a similar amount of carries and each only had 9 carries of twenty plus yards.

I don't think we need a home run back as much as we need the shifty change of pace back who compliments BJGE and if we do taking a guy like that Kerwynn Williams, Dennis Johnson, and Robbie Rouse will be available in the fifth-seventh round range. I think we can use a feature back because BJGE, while solid, isn't a spectacular player. And frankly we need to build as many weapons as possible around Andy Dalton to enable him to succeed. Developing an elite running game can do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: