Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final mock before draft. 2 drafts done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Final mock before draft. 2 drafts done Reply with quote

Hey guys. So I am going to do two mock drafts in this. One will include Darrelle Revis and the other will not. I wont make any trades other than for Revis. The trade for Revis I believe will involve this years first and next years second. So with that said I hope you all enjoy.

First Mock with Revis Trade

First Round: Darrelle Revis: Cornerback - New York Jets

Second Round: Margus Hunt: Defensive End- Southern Methodist

Third Round: Christian Michael: Runningback- Texas A&M

Fourth Round: Khaseem Greene: Outside Linebacker- Rutgers

Fourth Round: Tyrann Mathieu: Cornerback- Lousiana State

Fifth Round: Dion Sims: Tight End- Michigan State

Sixth Round: Ace Sanders:Wide Receiver/Kick Returner- South Carolina

Seventh Round: Xavier Nixon: Offensive Tackle- Florida

That was the draft with Darrelle Revis. Some of the picks seem like I am a round late (ie greene) but every year it seems like there are players that for some reason or another fall alittle further than they should. Alirght here is the second draft without the Revis trade.

First Round:Lane Johnson: Offensive Tackle- Oklahoma

Second Round: Johnathan Banks: Cornerback- Mississippi State

Third Round: Gavin Escobar: Tight End- San Diego State

Fourth Round: Le'Veon Bell: Runningback- Michigan State

Fourth Round: Cornelius Washington: Defensive End- Georgia

Fifth Round: Kayvon Webster: Cornerback- South Florida

Sixth Round:Ace Sanders: Wide Receiver/Kick Returner- South Carolina

Seventh Round:Lerentee McCray: Outside Linebacker- Florida

And there you have it. Took two different paths on the drafts. If you have any questions feel free to ask.The second draft I went with what I felt would be there based on our first round selection. I feel like rhodes might not be there and we value johnson pretty highly. It was a toss up between those two. I didnt have us taking a defensive tackle because I feel like we dont value the nose tackle that much and on passing situations we could be bringing in either hunt or washington anyways. Besides that any other questions I hope to hear from you. Enjoy.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the idea of tackle in round 1.

First draft looks nice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge anti hunt fan. He's already 26 very raw prospect as well other then that I would be really happy with that draft. With the 2nd rounder take a different DE or another DT. Ps I would die with excitement if Greene lasts till the 4th
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
I'm a huge anti hunt fan. He's already 26 very raw prospect as well other then that I would be really happy with that draft. With the 2nd rounder take a different DE or another DT. Ps I would die with excitement if Greene lasts till the 4th

agreed
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the first one. Dont think the second one will be able to happen, all three LT's may be gone by 13, and if Johnson was there we might be able to get a ransom for someone to jump the Panthers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance in hell that first one happens. Green in round 4? Mathieu in round 4? I want what you're smoking.

Also, no way we take a RT in the first round either. Banks, I'd say there is a 15% chance he;s there for us in round 2. I see a late run on CBs late 1st early 2nd.

Don't see us taking Bell in the 2nd mock that late either. 2nd/3rd round guy.

Also, not a fan of Margus Hunt. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Too many are fasinated by his measurables. He's 26 years old. If he ever develops the technique properly, he'll be what, 28-29? It's different to take a raw 21 year old player. but 26? After 3 years of playing football, he still plays too high. He didn't dominate like he should have in his conference. Also got pushed around a lot in the senior bowl, both practices and games. Overrated.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg I hate those drafts, both of them
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of negative so far. Understandable. Alot of people on here have some extreme feelings towards hunt and mathieu. The one thing that I will say with everyone saying there is no way someone will be there at a certain pick.... EVERY SINGLE DRAFT people fall and usually its because a team deceides that a small school prospect has more potential or because they think that they will be able to get the player later on. Mathieu had more issues than mike williams and wasnt NEAR the talent he was AND he was kicked off his team and sat out a year. Khaseem Greene is a stretch and I mentioned that, but if your considered a late second to early 3rd round player.... you have a chance of falling to the fourth.

Lane Johnson not being available is understandable, just as it very well could be xavier rhodes isnt available. I dont think we value our nose tackle position enough to take star or richardson. If ansah fell then id be for it but I dont think he does. In this draft I feel he is top 5 or fringe. Love the feedback though.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
Alot of negative so far. Understandable. Alot of people on here have some extreme feelings towards hunt and mathieu. The one thing that I will say with everyone saying there is no way someone will be there at a certain pick.... EVERY SINGLE DRAFT people fall and usually its because a team deceides that a small school prospect has more potential or because they think that they will be able to get the player later on. Mathieu had more issues than mike williams and wasnt NEAR the talent he was AND he was kicked off his team and sat out a year. Khaseem Greene is a stretch and I mentioned that, but if your considered a late second to early 3rd round player.... you have a chance of falling to the fourth.

Lane Johnson not being available is understandable, just as it very well could be xavier rhodes isnt available. I dont think we value our nose tackle position enough to take star or richardson. If ansah fell then id be for it but I dont think he does. In this draft I feel he is top 5 or fringe. Love the feedback though.

I've seen Kasheem Greene mocked as early as late first. He's a versatile LB that can play 3 downs. That's coveted in todays NFL. He can tackle and cover. He's a 2nd rounder. You don't state a reason why he's fallen. Gerald Hodges is a more realistic option in rounds 3/4.

I get your point on the Honey Badger. However, his name has been blown up all off-season. If many feel positive about him, he can go early as late 2nd round to San Fransisco, Atlanta, or New England.

Lane Johnson is a guy who probably doesn't make it to our pick. However, he's too raw of a LT prospect. I;m not sure he's going to step in and contribute right away.

Also, Margus Hunt is just the most overhyped prospect I've seen. The only thing that he's done to impress is in Shorts and in the weight room. On the field, he's got horrible technique, plays too high, and got pushed around too much. Age isn't exactly on his side either.
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:

I've seen Kasheem Greene mocked as early as late first. He's a versatile LB that can play 3 downs. That's coveted in todays NFL. He can tackle and cover. He's a 2nd rounder. You don't state a reason why he's fallen. Gerald Hodges is a more realistic option in rounds 3/4.

I get your point on the Honey Badger. However, his name has been blown up all off-season. If many feel positive about him, he can go early as late 2nd round to San Fransisco, Atlanta, or New England.

Lane Johnson is a guy who probably doesn't make it to our pick. However, he's too raw of a LT prospect. I;m not sure he's going to step in and contribute right away.

Also, Margus Hunt is just the most overhyped prospect I've seen. The only thing that he's done to impress is in Shorts and in the weight room. On the field, he's got horrible technique, plays too high, and got pushed around too much. Age isn't exactly on his side either.

I personally view greene as a late second to early third rounder. I've seen him mocked anywhere between 2nd and late 3rd. I cant give you a reason for him slipping other than that off talent alone lavonte david should have been a late first round pick and he fell to the late second. Its just something that i think COULD happen.

It was really tough for the first pick because we just dont value the tilted nose position that much. So the top guys wouldnt be in play for us I feel. Im starting to feel like rhodes might be gone to miami. It really came down to what I felt san diego would do. For me, I had johnson, jones, austin, trufant still available. Since I wasnt doing any trades other than the Revis I just stuck with best on the board.

Hunt is a 2 contract guy who will be a valuable number 3 rush option. Our own version of justin tuck (not saying the have the same ceiling or talent level). will be a quality backup to bowers and clayborn as well as a rush dt on third downs. I will agree that he gets way too high and didnt dominate like he should have at times, but when hes on he was unstoppable.

Keep the feedback comin

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: