Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Everyone can get Behind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Mock Draft Everyone can get Behind Reply with quote

Trade our 1st and 4th to Buffalo for their 2nd and 3rd. They trade up to secure they get Matt Barkley
Trade Buffalo 3rd and our 3rd to jump back into the second round
Trade our 5th and 6th to get a late 4th

2a. Kevin Minter ILB- He makes plays plain and simple
2b. Deandre Hopkins or DaRick Rdogers WR- I rather have Rodgers but i feel the Ravens would draft Hopkins over Rodgers but either would be a nice addition to our team
2c. Dj Swearinger S- Hard hitting safety with pretty good range would step in next to huff day 1
4a. Gerald Hodges ILB- We need a Line Backer that can cover and that is what Hodges brings to the table
4b. Ricky Wagner OT- Our project tackle who will hopefully be able to sit for a year to better his craft.
5. Joe Kruger DE- Hard working player we loved his brother work ethic and we draft hoping he can bring the same.
6.Michael Williams TE- big body blocking tight end from Alabama need i say more lol
6b. Joe Vellano DT- Hard worker strong player good depth
7a. Braxton Cave OC- possible competition for Gradkowski
7b. Alex Carder OB- Competition for the #2 spot is never a bad thing
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I was the first person to have Carder as a QB option in a mock, but upon further thought, I don't think he's the best fit for us. Carder is more of a mobile QB option with an average arm. We have that already in a much more athletic package with Tyrod Taylor. If we're going to go QB, I think we should be looking at a more classic pocket passer type with a rocket for an arm. Sean Renfree is a guy with the kind of arm that I think would fit well for us to develop as a backup passer to Flacco.

In terms of the picks, I like Hopkins over Rogers. Rogers is more of a beast, but Hopkins is just so consistent and is the type of player that's going to put the time and effort into his craft to excel as an NFL WR. He's the type that will work hard to get into a rhythm with Flacco. I like Rogers, but I trust him much less to be that kind of guy... though Rogers is probably the more likely player of the two for our 2nd round selection.

I like Minter. He's the 1b ILB in this class. I love his ability to take on blockers and hold his ground.

I still need to watch more tape on DJ.

Hodges is a player I definitely like. But I think we are deep enough at ILB to only go one guy as opposed to double dipping.

I like Wagner. He has athleticism and explosiveness to him. He's been inconsistent at LT, but he could compete with Oher as a LT and if he loses take the RT spot, where he looked really good.

I love Joe Kruger. He's just a beast.

I'd prefer to go Justice Cunnignham as a blocking TE. Michael Williams is a technical blocker, but for his size he's not really a dominant blocker. Plus he just doesn't possess the fluidness to take on speedy edge rushers nor get much separation on routes.

Can't say no to Vellano.

Cave is cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: