Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lock 'er up, Sabo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsí 2014 Class Projections

Why not?

A couple caveats Ė I think my projections are always going to be at leat a little bit optimistic. Wisconsin has offers out to tons of their ĎPlan Aí guys right now, a few ĎPlan ABí guys, and are evaluating others. They arenít going to go across the board and get everybody they want, but those are the guys we are hearing the most about.

Iíll try to make them as realistic as possible though. Either way, Iíll comfortably state that Iíd be shocked if this wasnít the best class in Wisconsin history.

To the projections!

QB
1. Adam Bertke, 4*, pro style, OH

Bertke is the kind of Ohio prospect the Badgers thrive with. He wonít get an OSU offer, ND offer, UM offer, or really any other power offers. Illinois is recruiting him really hard (they are offering people like crazy this year), but the Illini donít scare me in recruiting battles. Wisconsin is showing interest, but right now the only QB offer on the table is Kyle Allen. Once Allen goes elsewhere or Wisconsin realizes they arenít in it, theyíll offer the Plan B guys. I expect Bertke to be on that list, especially if he camps at UW this summer.

This is kind of a reach, not in terms of him being a guy we canít get, just in terms of a lot having to go right.

RB
1. Noah Brown, 4*, speed back, PA

Iíve already said I think the Badgers lead for Brown, with Michigan State and Nebraska providing the toughest competition. For a PA prospect and a RB, I think we win this battle 9 times out of 10. Wisconsinís higher targets arenít coming here, so Brown is going to end up at the top of the list, and with Thomas Hammock recruiting him you know the Badgers will have the ability to seal the deal.

2. Taiwan Deal, 3*, power back, MD

Wisconsin continues its strong pull out east by getting 2 highly recruited HBs. Deal was absolutely blown away by Madison on his visit, and we now lead for the high 3* HB. I think there are three guys right now who could legitimately fit in that power RB position Ė Deal, Gerald Owens (the best of the bunch and top target), and LJ Scott. I donít think the Badgers will have to go lower on their list than that, and they may legitimately lead for both Deal and Owens today. In fact, I was actually tempted to put Owens on this list, and might swap him in if he is able to finally come to Madison. LJ Scott is visiting Madison as I type this, so heís another very viable option. Either way, I am very confident the Badgers will get a high 3*/4* player here.

TE
1. Gaelin Elmore, 3*, blocking TE, WI

Elmore is going to make this difficult, but until he commits elsewhere I am convinced that the Badgers are going to make him a priority and ultimately land his signature. A great blocking TE, Elmore fits Wisconsinís need for a power TE this class perfectly and has enough raw athleticism that he could absolutely be an under-the-radar receiving threat. Nebraksa, Minnesota, and anyone else who offers will have a chance to roll out the red carpet for Elmore to try and land him, but Wisconsin is overwhelmingly successful getting the in-state guys they want. I predict they go 7/7 this year in that department.

2. Mike Gesicki, 3*, receiving TE, NJ

After years of getting maybe 1 guy/year from the northeast, Iím predicting UW gets 3 players from New Jersey and Maryland just on offense. This lets you know how great a job the staff is doing. Gesicki has already visited Madison and we were in control of his recruitment at that point. Due to the presence of guys like Nic Weishar and Ian Bunting, the Badgers havenít offered yet, but heís getting closer and closer to getting one. I predict he gets one before summer, and while he says we are in his top 3 with Rutgers and Penn State right now, this is one we can win.

OL
1. George Panos, 4*, LG, WI
2. Jaden Gault, 4*, LT, WI

Sometimes theyíre easy. Two big time in-state commits have set the stage for a potentially unbelievable OL class.

3. Frank Ragnow, 3*, RG, MN

Ragnow is getting slow played by a lot of programs, but not by Wisconsin. He left Iowa State without an offer, and even though Nebraska will likely offer tomorrow, I like Wisconsinís chances with the 3* lineman should the Badgers offer when he visits next weekend. As Iíve said before, ND could be a player, but I doubt they offer, and as intimidating as the FSU offer is, I donít think they are a legitimate option. The Badgers could definitely win him over, and do so quickly.

4. Nick Richardson, 4*, RT, OH

Richardson has some nice offers, including MSU, UK, Ole Miss, and Maryland, but he wants to be in the B1G and knows all about UWís OL tradition. Heís taken his recruitment very slowly, which is a nice indicator that heís more interested in fishing for the offers he really wants. As heís not likely to get offers from the Big 3 midwest powers (UM, OSU, and ND), the Badgers will be in great shape when (if?) they offer.

5. Colt Pettit, 3*, OC, OH

The Badgers are going to take 5 OL this cycle, and while I think this spot may go to a true OT prospect (shifting Nick Richardson inside), for right now most of the remaining guys I feel good about projecting to the Badgers are interior guys. Pettit needs to put on weight, but is strong for his size and very nimble. Given that he would have to redshirt, I think heís a very good fit for what the Badgers are looking for at the center spot. They have already shown some interest, and an offer would be a showstopper in his recruitment.

WR
1. Dareian Watkins, 4*, OH

The raid of Ohio continues, as the Badgers sign on their 4th OH guy, 3 of which rank as 4 star players. Watkins has a top 6 of Penn State, Northwestern, MSU, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana, but UW was always his dream school. A day with the coaching staff, seeing that campus again, and having recruiting stud Coach Beatty on the case is all the Badgers need to seal the deal. The old staff dug a big hole, but Watkins ends up where he always wanted to be Ė Wisconsin.

2. Rashad Canty, 3*, GA

Wisconsin has told prospects they are looking to take 2 WRs in this class, and even though that number might increase, I donít see them in the lead for too many offered candidates. Even though KJ Williams or Jamil Kamara could visit and fall in love, itís not the odds on bet Canty, however, is a Georgia guy (and a tall WR at 6í4Ē) who has serious enough interest in the Badgers that he has already committed to visiting the spring game. UW showed him interest very early on in the game, so a potential offer (which would be his first) could result in a quick ending to his recruitment.

DL
1. Conor Sheehy, 4*, SDE, WI

After Sheehy committed, some were worried he may waver and take advantage of his Michigan offer. He never did and is as solid as can be.

2. Craig Evans, 4*, NT, WI

Evansí decommittment seemed like a huge blow, but he has yet to visit anywhere else and itís essentially a matter of when he joins the fold again, not if. In fact, it could be as soon as he visits again, which would be tomorrow. Getting him back on board would be a huge victory for UW, even if itís not a surprise anymore.

3. Billy Hirschfeld, 3*, WDE, WI

Hirschfeld continues to maintain that he is wide open, but UW has made him an early priority and he will end up visiting Wisconsin at least 3 times this spring. While heís going to be disciplined about his recruitment and it isnít a sure thing, Badger fans have to like the effort the new staff is putting in and where they stand early. I think that, while he might try to resist, the in-state pressure eventually becomes too much to resist and he signs up for UW.

4. Conor Morehart, 3*, DT, PA

Wisconsin has started to show interest in Morehart and he responded immediately by setting up a visit to the spring game. Thatís a good sign, and while heís getting interest from lots of big programs, I donít think he gets any offers that would top a UW offer (Miami and WVU may make this interesting though). I think Wisconsin is going to look to bring in at least 4 DL this class, and even though all the great in-state guys allow them to be more selective, they have to realize that they need more beef in the DT spot.

LB
1. Dominic Cizauskas, 3*, ILB, WI

Of all the positions, LB might be the least clear right now. The one guy Iím really confident will be a Badger is Cizauskas, who reminds me a great deal of Chris Borland. At 6í1Ē, 230 pounds with 4.6 laser-timed 40-yard dash speed, heís a good enough athlete to play in the middle and he jumps out on film. He is currently number 7 on Wisconsinís in-state board, and an offer during summer camp is becoming more and more a formality. While Cizauskasí dream offer is actually OSU, he wonít get one and Wisconsin wins this race comfortably.

2. Nile Sykes, 3*, OLB, IL

The state of Illinois hasnít been that well represented in my projections so far, but the Badgers do go back here for 2 linebackers. Sykes has a great deal of interest in the Badgers, the Badgers are fairly high on him (they like him at OLB a lot in their 3-4 scheme), and his offer list is very beatable (Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue have offered with MSU likely offering by summer). If Wisconsin figures out that they wonít get Andrew Williams or some of their top Georgia targets, then theyíll move on Sykes and could lock him down.

3. Tyler Burke, 3*, OLB, PA

Burkeís early offer isnít really that puzzling when you consider how nice a fit he is for the Badgersí scheme on the strong side of that defense. At 6í4Ē, 225 with good speed, heís fairly raw but athletic enough that Wisconsin has made him a priority. While distance has kept Pitt and Maryland in this race, generally the more offers someone gets and the longer their recruitment process drags on, the more comfortable they are leaving home. I think Burke realizes his future is in Madison and the Badgers overcome the distance.

4. Kyron Watson, 3*, ILB, IL

Wisconsin is going to not only be trying to find linebackers that fit their 3-4 scheme, but will be losing Conor OíNeil, Chris Borland, and Ethan Armstrong this year. That means they are going to take a big time LB class, and I think Watson could be a part of it. Heís starting to blow up on the recruiting trail, with 8 offers now including Mizzou, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, and Syracuse, but when Wisconsin showed interest he immediately scheduled a visit all the way from East St. Louis for the spring game. I think he might end up getting a surprise offer, and that would put Wisconsin in very good shape.

CB
1. Troy Vincent Jr., 4*, CB, MD

Iím going to start projecting it. TVJ had some people worried since he hadnít been out to Madison in so long, but him visiting for the spring game is an eye opener. Heís going to be UWís top target, and while he might make us wait it out for a while, but everything heís saying at this point is that heís a fairly heavy lean to the Badgers.

2. Vayonte Copeland, 3/4*, CB, OH

I know Urban Meyerís national recruiting might have Badger fans nervous, but itís beginning to turn into Wisconsin being able to take advantage of some Ohio prospects they never could have gotten earlier. Copeland will camp at Wisconsin to earn an offer, even though the Badgers may offer him before then since they really do like him. Heís already said that Wisconsin will be neck-and-neck with MSU should they offer, but what that really means is that Wisconsin could be in control of his recruitment.

S
1. Christian Byrum, 3*, SS, VA

Byrum is looking to end his recruitment sooner rather than later, and his de factor 2 choices have always been NC State and Wisconsin. Byrum left NC State last month without giving a verbal and will visit Wisconsin sometime this month (hopefully heíll bring 4* WR teammate Jamil Kamara with him!). I think there is a good chance the Badgers get him to commit on the spot when he visits.

2. Mike Edwards, 3*, FS, OH

Were you expecting anything other than another Ohio guy? Edwards has a lot of nice offers right now (UK is the leader, GTech, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Mizzou, Nebraska, Vandy and WVU) but a UW offer would make them a major player. For their part, UW is very much interested in Edwards, but has him behind the John Smithís of the world on their board. Once they realize they are out of it with Smith, they will start handing out offers, and Edwards will be near the top of the list.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Potrykus ‏(@jaypo1961): #badgers officials will release: D.Gilbert will be leaving program but will stay in school to graduate on May.

His foot must be in bad shape.

Title Town USA wrote:
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Potrykus ‏(@jaypo1961): #badgers officials will release: D.Gilbert will be leaving program but will stay in school to graduate on May.

His foot must be in bad shape.

Yikes! Who is next?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams,

I know you've said that you live in Madison. Are you gonna attend the practice tomorrow? If so I expect a write up on here Smile
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGenius wrote:
Rams,

I know you've said that you live in Madison. Are you gonna attend the practice tomorrow? If so I expect a write up on here Smile
I'm gonna have to work, otherwise I would.

There should be a wealth of info on it, so I'll compile what I can.

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To amend what I said in the last recruiting update - Billy Hirschfeld will visit Nebraska this week, not Wisconsin. He will visit UW on the 13th.

Title Town USA wrote:
landoc88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody post a junior day prospect list of whos gonna be therr?
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

landoc88 wrote:
Can anybody post a junior day prospect list of whos gonna be therr?
http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509832&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1140

Title Town USA wrote:
SplashDive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"@McNamaraRivals: Good news for #Badgers fans from mouth of Craig Evans: "Oh yeah, I'm still committed to #Wisconsin." Video up soon on http://t.co/wqOtZcLNuZ"

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Quote:
"@McNamaraRivals: Good news for #Badgers fans from mouth of Craig Evans: "Oh yeah, I'm still committed to #Wisconsin." Video up soon on http://t.co/wqOtZcLNuZ"
100% bull.

Evans still has not given his commitment to the staff, so Wisconsin does not consider him committed, and now Evans says he plans to take visits to Ole Miss, Georgia, and Arkansas.

Unfortunately, he also will be in Milwaukee today, so no spring practice visit for him.

Title Town USA wrote:
landoc88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams your link didnt work. Crying or Very sad

Repost again Very Happy
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

landoc88 wrote:
Rams your link didnt work. Crying or Very sad

Repost again Very Happy
Nevermind posting the link, just check back to page 77 of the thread in my recruiting update. I got most everyone I think.

Just note that Hirschfeld and Evans won't be there, unfortunately.

Title Town USA wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@DKief10
Woah....just opened up the mailbox and found 52 letters from Wisconsin.

4* OH WR Derek Kief. Step your game up Urban... Laughing Laughing

(I actually think this tactic is stupid, but if recruits like it, then okay.)

Title Town USA wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That recruiting update at the top of the page was music to my ears. Love seeing all those 4s. GA is bringin this program to the next level!

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Curt Phillips actually going to win the starting job?

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 79 of 99

Jump to: