Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II 2013 War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ahhh! I found that post I had about Hank, it was at the end of the first page and I thought it had moved to the second or 3rd, so I overlooked it.

http://www.realredskins.com/

Rich Tandler found a site names Rotoviz.com. They are a fantasy football site that is projecting what 3rd year wrs will break out this year. They used yards per target and compared that with 2nd year wrs who made that jump in the past from year 2 to year 3.

The site thinks that Hank will break out this year and Rich agrees, he says Hank passes the eye and stat test.

Pro Football Focus said that Hankerson had only four drops while being targeted 59 times. Moss had six drops on 64 targets.

So much for Hank dropping everything right? He only had 4 drops on the year! Wink

When Hank came into the NFL he's been reported as saying he didn't realize the hard work and dedication it to took to make it in the nfl as most young players don't. Then, on top of that, his hip injury set him back in his rookie year and in his 2nd offseason, he didn't have a rookie offseason in 2011 because of the Owner's locking the players out. If he focuses on the little things and gets truly polished as a wr with better routes and gets more comfortable with Rg3 or Cousins, this could be a special year for Hank.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/02/whos-next-from-the-wide-receiver-class-of-2011/

Quote:
But what about this Hankerson kid? In the Decker article we named Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, and Dwayne Bowe as prototypes for the ideal #1 receiver. We’ve just established that Hankerson can produce at an elite level, but does his athleticism match up with those studs?

In 2011 Hankerson became the first Redskins rookie receiver to top 100 yards in a game since 2001. Unfortunately he sustained an injury in that same game that cost him the rest of his rookie year. Last season he quietly hauled in 543 yards, which finished third on the team and just 90 yards behind leading receiver Pierre Garcon. Now, consider that he will catch passes from RG3 for the next few seasons. The warning signs are there. Does he have your attention?

Hank may have had 4 dropped passes, but he has alligator arms at times and had a good amount of plays last year where he didn't go all out for the ball. He is scared to go over the middle and that is way we rarely through slant passes his way. He mostly gets the comeback routes and deep routes.

That's why I love Morgan and Garcon, and I realize why the front office pursued them last offseason. They play with a mean streak and aren't afraid to take a hit and get physical with defensive backs. They are also better blockers than Hankerson, although Hank isn't too bad at blocking.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^

Adopt-A-Redskin 2013:
Reed Doughty
Barry Cofield
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in favor of trading someone we just signed. No thanks to the Tapp idea. As for Hankerson, I'd rather keep him as well. If we can move Josh Morgan, though, I'd be in favor of that. I'm more than fine with a Garçon-Moss-Hank-Robinson-Briscoe (with a rookie, possibly, in that mix) at WR.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief_Zee wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Ahhh! I found that post I had about Hank, it was at the end of the first page and I thought it had moved to the second or 3rd, so I overlooked it.

Rich Tandler found a site names Rotoviz.com. They are a fantasy football site that is projecting what 3rd year wrs will break out this year. They used yards per target and compared that with 2nd year wrs who made that jump in the past from year 2 to year 3.

The site thinks that Hank will break out this year and Rich agrees, he says Hank passes the eye and stat test.

Pro Football Focus said that Hankerson had only four drops while being targeted 59 times. Moss had six drops on 64 targets.

So much for Hank dropping everything right? He only had 4 drops on the year! Wink

When Hank came into the NFL he's been reported as saying he didn't realize the hard work and dedication it to took to make it in the nfl as most young players don't. Then, on top of that, his hip injury set him back in his rookie year and in his 2nd offseason, he didn't have a rookie offseason in 2011 because of the Owner's locking the players out. If he focuses on the little things and gets truly polished as a wr with better routes and gets more comfortable with Rg3 or Cousins, this could be a special year for Hank.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/02/whos-next-from-the-wide-receiver-class-of-2011/

Quote:
But what about this Hankerson kid? In the Decker article we named Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, and Dwayne Bowe as prototypes for the ideal #1 receiver. We’ve just established that Hankerson can produce at an elite level, but does his athleticism match up with those studs?

In 2011 Hankerson became the first Redskins rookie receiver to top 100 yards in a game since 2001. Unfortunately he sustained an injury in that same game that cost him the rest of his rookie year. Last season he quietly hauled in 543 yards, which finished third on the team and just 90 yards behind leading receiver Pierre Garcon. Now, consider that he will catch passes from RG3 for the next few seasons. The warning signs are there. Does he have your attention?

Hank may have had 4 dropped passes, but he has alligator arms at times and had a good amount of plays last year where he didn't go all out for the ball. He is scared to go over the middle and that is way we rarely through slant passes his way. He mostly gets the comeback routes and deep routes.

That's why I love Morgan and Garcon, and I realize why the front office pursued them last offseason. They play with a mean streak and aren't afraid to take a hit and get physical with defensive backs. They are also better blockers than Hankerson, although Hank isn't too bad at blocking.
You are comparing Hank who was basically a rookie to two 5 year players
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chief_Zee wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

You are comparing Hank who was basically a rookie to two 5 year players

A player who is still at the point where he's "thinking" about everything.

I may be the toughest son of a [inappropriate/removed] out their, but if I'm thinking I'm gonna get nailed in the gut I'm probably not gonna go my hardest. When it becomes ingrained in him and he's doesn't have to think, I think he'll get better over the middle.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Brian. And I'm really thinking/hoping it all clicks for hank this season. He will have his 1st offseason without any restrictions. People forget:

2011- lockout
2012- recovering from hip surgery and he got hurt going over the middle on a tough catch that was too high by Grossman (if I remember correctly) when he hurt that hip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins for Dwight Lowery?

I say No, but its been offered so I thought I would throw it out there.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

lol. No.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

lol. No.
this!
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

lol. No.
this!

I am, in no way, in favor of trading Cousins at all. Unless it blows me away, there's no reason for us to trade him.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was out of town last week guys. I wouldn't trade Cousins for anything less than a first round pick.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to see if the Lions are interested in trading for DHall. Just a thought.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Might want to see if the Lions are interested in trading for DHall. Just a thought.

As I said not that long ago, I don't think we should trade for anyone we just signed. Hell, we cut him, then signed him again. I doubt anyone would be interested in Hall in the first place. Wilson, on the other hand, might gather more interest.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

As I said not that long ago, I don't think we should trade for anyone we just signed. Hell, we cut him, then signed him again. I doubt anyone would be interested in Hall in the first place. Wilson, on the other hand, might gather more interest.
I'll go one further, I'm not interested in trading anyone on our roster. I think we have 2 draft picks in round 2 and 3 where we can get a starting FS out of one of those selections and the rest of our picks would just be for depth and development.

I'm not going to get upset over trades though as long as they are fair, I understand this is fantasy and not reality. In reality I don't think our front office is looking to make any trades this offseason! Thank God for that! Wink Cool
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to put out feelers for Hall, I would not object to it.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes! We have to take Jordan Dangerfield, FS (Towson) Dangerfield is from the college I graduated from and as you can imagine, he gets no respect! Laughing Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: