Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I Mock O-Line Fix; You Mock Rest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosteelers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: I Mock O-Line Fix; You Mock Rest Reply with quote

What would you do with the rest of the draft if the front office did the following 3 moves? You have to work within the confines of the 3 moves I have made.

The FO decides that to compete in the NFC West they must get a dominant offensive line. Last year's draft helped a lot. This year they are going to draft to compete with the dominant defenses that are in the division.

One More FA signing:
RT Andre Smith - he is younger and more athletic than Clabo and it is my mock. Razz

1st Round: Chance Warmack, LG
2nd Round: Larry Warford, RG

These two draftees are big maulers who work well with Arians' power scheme. They should be maulers.

These three moves add competition if not starters. Last year draft also added some possibilities for a great young o-line for years to come. With the other additions of Palmer and Mendenhall, who isn't bad when there is a hole and he can get into the open field, the offense is set to be good to great. The defense last year was good, but had some holes.

What do you do now with the rest of the draft?

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think we could afford Smith but more importantly we have Bobbie Massie who played solid in the second half of last season. I think he's a keeper. I do like the draft though. That combination has been brought up more than a few times on this forum.
mosteelers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Don't think we could afford Smith but more importantly we have Bobbie Massie who played solid in the second half of last season. I think he's a keeper. I do like the draft though. That combination has been brought up more than a few times on this forum.

Sorry, don't visit this forum as much as I do the Steelers'.

I think Massie could actually be a solid LT though. Give him some time. Wasn't he a TE or DE when he started college? I think he has good feet, maybe people plug him into the RT because he is a good run blocker with sometimes dominant moments.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could afford Smith.

Question is do we want too, or can he play LT at NFL level?

He is a Pro Bowl level RT, but we have a good one in Massie, who is bucket loads cheaper for 3 more years than Smith.

I have pondered that signing, cannot see it happening.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft, dislike the signing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clabo from Falcons would be interesting choice

Much cheaper too

Then again, we still have Levi, in case anyone forgets about him and his $6 mil salary.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it. Signing Smith is unrealistic and ignores the fact that we have a talented and cheaper youngster in Massie already locked in at RT. I don't want to see this team burn the #7 pick on a guard. I would rather get a pass rusher at #7 and use the second round pick on a guard. Plus, I think that there is a chance that we could get Warmack in the second round. Now wouldn't that be sweet?

Justo on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack in the 2nd?

You must be tasting the stuff your profile pic is making.

He might last to the mid 20's worst case.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Warmack in the 2nd?

Everyone thought DeCastro would go 10-15 before he ended up going #24. I think bottom half of the first round is realistic and it's possible he slides a bit further to our second round pick.

Justo on the sig
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Warmack in the 2nd?

Everyone thought DeCastro would go 10-15 before he ended up going #24. I think bottom half of the first round is realistic and it's possible he slides a bit further to our second round pick.

Bills definitely need a starting LG too, since we lost our 1st & 2nd stringers in FA. And since we pick before you guys in the 2nd, you'd never see Warmack and our FO would be laughing themselves silly! It won't happen though, so...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Warmack in the 2nd?

Bills definitely need a starting LG too, since we lost our 1st & 2nd stringers in FA. And since we pick before you guys in the 2nd, you'd never see Warmack and our FO would be laughing themselves silly! It won't happen though, so...

Personally I can't see him passing Dallas

Deadpulse
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Sorry, don't visit this forum as much as I do the Steelers'.

I think Massie could actually be a solid LT though. Give him some time. Wasn't he a TE or DE when he started college? I think he has good feet, maybe people plug him into the RT because he is a good run blocker with sometimes dominant moments.

Massie been a RT all the way back to high school. Never played LT at any level. He played some DT in highschool

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Warmack in the 2nd?

Personally I can't see him passing Dallas

Exactly. It's a nice dream though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why I love the idea of dropping down from #7 up to about #14 - really good chance we still end up with a player we like there. Also, unless Eric Fisher drops to 7, there isn't that elite level value for that slot in a position of need for us.

I still see a top guard, perhaps even an OLB like Mingo available in that 10-14 range. Several teams moving from 7 down will likely pick from positions we don't have a significant need in - DL, 4-3 DE (not capable of 3-4 OLB), CB, QB, etc. Also, guards fell last year - plenty of depth there too - I expect that to happen again this year.

Dropping down that far, according to the draft value chart, results in a mid 2nd round pick. There's a good chance that could end up being a pretty darn good player.

The last reason I'd like to see a trade is I want to see what Steve Keim is made of. We know Rod would have likely stood pat - like he has in recent years higher in the draft - but he went through several high-profile trades where on-paper we got the short end of the stick. I'd love to see a trade where it looks like we got solid value for what we gave up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: