Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMDII: Steelers War Room(UDFA starts Mon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Can we trade them Posters?? What about our boy Troofax for McClain??

Amen. Honestly, McClain imo is a no, I hate to sound negative, and of course I'm not the GM Wink But, I'd trade our 7th for McClain and Oakland's 7th maybe.. That's where I value McClain and it's mainly because of his character risks.

As far as trading Ike, Woodley, Keisel, etc, I don't think we should consider any trade that A) doesn't give us back someone decent at that position AND B) doesn't come with a Round 1-3 pick. Stefan mentioned he feels it's 'naive' to trade Ike for someone like Streater because of how valuable to us Ike is, I agree with him, I think someone like Streater is a #4, maybe slot guy for us where as Ike is a starter. Other teams may not value him like that but that's what he is. People draft starters in the 1st 2 rounds. So..you can see where my opinion is going right?
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Can we trade them Posters?? What about our boy Troofax for McClain??

Amen. Honestly, McClain imo is a no, I hate to sound negative, and of course I'm not the GM Wink But, I'd trade our 7th for McClain and Oakland's 7th maybe.. That's where I value McClain and it's mainly because of his character risks.

As far as trading Ike, Woodley, Keisel, etc, I don't think we should consider any trade that A) doesn't give us back someone decent at that position AND B) doesn't come with a Round 1-3 pick. Stefan mentioned he feels it's 'naive' to trade Ike for someone like Streater because of how valuable to us Ike is, I agree with him, I think someone like Streater is a #4, maybe slot guy for us where as Ike is a starter. Other teams may not value him like that but that's what he is. People draft starters in the 1st 2 rounds. So..you can see where my opinion is going right?

Agreed about McClain. I'm not gonna make an offer.

About Ike, I said before I was gonna listen to all offers and share them with you guys. They inquired about secondary help, we had some dialog back in forth, I shared with you guys what was going on. I do disagree that we gotta get a player back at the same position. I guess it just depends on the situation. If its a position you feel is stronger in the draft than the position of need your trading for, and like you said rounds 1-2 teams are looking for starters. So if you trade Ike for a WR, and the value of the trade itself is there, it turns CB from a moderate need to a major need, but turns WR from a major need to a moderate need. If you feel like you can get a better CB in 1-2 than a WR, and the value is there in the trade, then you made a good deal, IMO.

As for Kiesel, we need to figure out what we wanna do on defense, scheme wise. Do we wanna stick with our traditional 2-gap 3-4? Do we wanna go to the 1-gap?

The way I see it, in the 1-gap, all we need to do is find a true buck ILB, and our front 7 is set. But as we found out in FFMD1, that is easier said than done. But it would bring out Ziggy, McClendon, and Cam's strengths by giving them the green light to penetrate and make plays instead of sucking up blockers for the LBs to make the plays, like we do now. It would make Keisel and Foote expendable, and it would take the pressure off finding an elite pass rusher at OLB, Worilds would be fine in the 1-gap.

The 2-gap would make finding an ILB much easier, or we could even stick with Foote. But we would need to get a NT early, McClendon is good as a rotational guy, but I wouldn't want him starting 16 games. We would also need to decide if we feel Worilds is the answer at OLB.

So the way I see it, going 1-gap saves us a pick, maybe two, since instead of needing a NT, And maybe OLB & ILB, we just need a Buck ILB. The problem is, it might be easier filling those positions than it would be finding a true Buck ILB. There is really no day one, starting caliber buck LBs in the draft. Thoughts?
/rant

Go Noles!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go for it. This year's FFMDs were about blowing things up and seeing what happened.

Go for it, IMO.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ I agree with everything you said in that post including your thoughts on the 1 gap. And having said that, I'm all for dangling Kiesel out there and seeing what we can get for him.

Honestly part of me wants to say the same thing about Gilbert because I like what I see in Beachum.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are all those Steeler Fans at? We still need staff members!!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Where are all those Steeler Fans at? We still need staff members!!

Lol for sure! Might just be the 4 of us!

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, we have an inquiry on Marcus Gilbert. What are we trying to get out of him? Also, if the price is right, are we interested in Roger Saffold?

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm preparing to move on from the Albert deal. We're close, but they're dragging their feet on it, and they aren't budging on their original price. Are we willing to go any higher to get the deal done? I think I can get it done for a 2nd and 2014 3rd, but I really didn't want to give up a 2nd. Thoughts?

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly....I'm against giving them a 2nd. If we are giving them a 2nd this year the 3rdtime next year should be no better than a 5th. The 2nd round prospects are going to be littered with 1stthe round possibles, that, imo, increases the value of the pick in this draft.

As far as Gilbert I wouldn't take any less than a 2nd5th and a 4th or 5th imo he is after all our starting LT without Albert.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I think we should walk away from the Albert trade. I think their TO values him more than he is worth realistically. A pair of 3rds for him and Baldwin imo is pretty fair, of course I clearly don't see the value they do in Baldwin and I sure as hell wouldn't give a 2ndcourtesy and 2014 pick for JUST Albert. I'd rather give up our 1st and 3rd to Jax for Fisher (not that I want to do that)
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I'll be honest, I think we should walk away from the Albert trade. I think their TO values him more than he is worth realistically. A pair of 3rds for him and Baldwin imo is pretty fair, of course I clearly don't see the value they do in Baldwin and I sure as hell wouldn't give a 2ndcourtesy and 2014 pick for JUST Albert. I'd rather give up our 1st and 3rd to Jax for Fisher (not that I want to do that)

I'm thinking the same thing. I think I might turn my attention to St. Louis. They value Saffold at early 3rd value, they are interested in Gilbert, and they have Austin Pettis on their block as well.

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. I think I might turn my attention to St. Louis. They value Saffold at early 3rd value, they are interested in Gilbert, and they have Austin Pettis on their block as well.

Maybe we can a pick swap for 2014 and swap sits, do a swap of picks for 2013, and give up a pick for Pettis? Just thinking out loud here. I think Saffold is definitely a more realistic target, would I like Albert more? Sure but I'm not willing to over pay for him. I'm guessing you guys aren't either.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th + Gilbert for Saffold and Pettis?? Im not good with trade values haha. But I still expect that $100 / hour for consulting!! Wink
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
4th + Gilbert for Saffold and Pettis?? Im not good with trade values haha. But I still expect that $100 / hour for consulting!! Wink

Lol..btw take a look at the trade the Chiefs are attempting with the dolphins...that pretty much sums up the 'overgood valuing'.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple guys asking about Woodley. No offers yet. I said it's gonna have to at least be a first and some change.

Also, are we interested in Jones-Drew for a 2nd?

Go Noles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: