Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now that it isn't your mock, just you grading somebody elses, but my comment stands the same.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SDniner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I think that we look to add some pass rush early in the draft. It became glaringly apparent that we can't rush the passer without the Smith brothers healthy which is why we looked so average defensively down the stretch. Whether it be a situational outside pass rusher or a rotational guy who can get some push inside, I really like Datone as I know some of you do too, a few more pass rushers would go a long way towards keeping the defense at elite status through the entire year and helping whomever winds up starting at safety. With the way that Tank Carradine is rising back up draft boards, I wouldn't be surprised if we took him and let him learn under Tomsula for a few years. When I watched him, he seemed to have a big issue with pad level but the talent is undeniable. I even think that in a few years he could bulk up and be a monster of a 5-tech once Justin is gone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah (A)
Round 2 Pick 3 (PHI): Eric Reid, FS, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 15 (DAL): Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State (A)
Round 3 Pick 12: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (B)
Round 4 Pick 4 (PHI): Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (B)
Round 4 Pick 34 (COMP): Khaled Holmes, C, Southern California (B+)
Round 5 Pick 24: EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 31: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford (A-)
Round 6 Pick 12: JJ Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 31: Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State (A)
Round 7 Pick 40 (COMP): Blaize Foltz, OG, TCU (A-)
Round 7 Pick 46 (COMP): Casey Barth, K, North Carolina (F)

Traded a few picks and the 2015 1st rounder to get that third second rounder to get Ertz.
I like Ertz probably as much as anybody, but there is no way I trade a future 1st and more to select a TE in the 2nd round. If you are trading a future 1st, you better either be sure the player is worth a top 25 pick in next years draft, or that you see a QB (and need one) that has elite potential and want to take a shot. TE value is just not there especially for us when we have Davis and a serviceable guy behind him in Celek. I like where you took him, but would hate what you paid to do it.

should have clarified that this is my draft from that first-pick.com game. The grades are from the game generated based on player and position drafted.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDniner wrote:
I even think that in a few years he could bulk up and be a monster of a 5-tech once Justin is gone.

I'm definitely coming around to this as well. Need to watch more of Carradine and Werner, but every time I seem to forget to pursue this further. Also have some later round candidates in mind like Mike Catapano, Glenn Foster... maybe even Cornelius Washington, who looks like he can get a good bit bigger and play nasty inside.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SDniner wrote:
I even think that in a few years he could bulk up and be a monster of a 5-tech once Justin is gone.

I'm definitely coming around to this as well. Need to watch more of Carradine and Werner, but every time I seem to forget to pursue this further. Also have some later round candidates in mind like Mike Catapano, Glenn Foster... maybe even Cornelius Washington, who looks like he can get a good bit bigger and play nasty inside.

Ya. Every time I watched Florida State I came away impressed by his athleticism and tenacity and I honestly don't think we have a shot at him if he doesn't tear his ACL and he's one of the few guys in this draft with real boom potential, which we all know Baalke covets

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first go. i traded back from 31 with tampa bc i didnt really like anybody that much.
i wanted to trade for future picks but i could so i ended up with 100 picks. sometimes picks were there way too long so i didnt grab those guys.

was fun
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2: Eric Reid, FS, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (T.B.): Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina (C+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State (B)
Round 3 Pick 11 (T.B.): Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (C-)
Round 3 Pick 12: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 31: D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina (B-)
Round 4 Pick 15 (T.B.): B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary (A)
Round 4 Pick 31: David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State (B)
Round 4 Pick 34 (COMP): Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (C-)
Round 5 Pick 24: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston (A-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Matt Scott, QB, Arizona (C)
Round 6 Pick 12: Joe Kruger, DE, Utah (D-)
Round 7 Pick 21: Duke Williams, SS, Nevada (C)
Round 7 Pick 31: Ty Powell, OLB, Harding (A-)
Round 7 Pick 40 (COMP): Braxston Cave, C, Notre Dame (B)
Round 7 Pick 46 (COMP): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas (A) Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid and Swearinger should solve our safety problem. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
anybody going to the 49ers draft bash in san jose?
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-Draft-Bash-Event/edf64a47-5d75-486d-978b-2ffbdcc51a50

I'll be there. I go every year. I don't really like this new space to be honest, but the 9er always through 1st class events. Hopefully a handful of people form this forum can go.

In a "pad myself on the back moment", 5:00 mark from 2011 party. Me and Peter King (my boy) discussing Kaep potential being drafted by the 9ers. Ignore I ever mentioned Ryan Mallett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XeyUEu1js
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDniner wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think that we look to add some pass rush early in the draft. It became glaringly apparent that we can't rush the passer without the Smith brothers healthy which is why we looked so average defensively down the stretch. Whether it be a situational outside pass rusher or a rotational guy who can get some push inside, I really like Datone as I know some of you do too, a few more pass rushers would go a long way towards keeping the defense at elite status through the entire year and helping whomever winds up starting at safety. With the way that Tank Carradine is rising back up draft boards, I wouldn't be surprised if we took him and let him learn under Tomsula for a few years. When I watched him, he seemed to have a big issue with pad level but the talent is undeniable. I even think that in a few years he could bulk up and be a monster of a 5-tech once Justin is gone.

49ers were interested in Bruce Irvin last year.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Duke Williams?

I was just reading a little bit about him on sbn and he actually seems pretty friggin good..

Although, he's a little small (~ 6 ft) and he has had off the field issues in the past..

Could this be a late round replacement for our S position?
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDniner wrote:

Carradine has been my #1 3-4 DE option for us ( not the whole draft) for a long time. I been praising him an hoping we draft him. He has great size an length, great athlete gets off the line good an has plenty of room to add some weight an play the 5 technique. I Dont like Datone Jones all that much an would personally stay away from him with our first two picks. He has been way over rated lately.

Another Interesting guy people have talked about more as a 3-4 DE is Ansah. I love his potentiel an view him as a better fit for the 4-3, But the idea of him playing the 5 technique is interesting. He is already a big risk as a DE in the 4-3 an feel he becomes a bigger one as a 3-4 DE because he would have to try an change the way he plays to an extent, add weight an learn even more then he would if he was in a 4-3, hes raw an needs more experience period. Id stay away from him if I wanted a 3-4 DE.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
SDniner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
SDniner wrote:

Carradine has been my #1 3-4 DE option for us ( not the whole draft) for a long time. I been praising him an hoping we draft him. He has great size an length, great athlete gets off the line good an has plenty of room to add some weight an play the 5 technique. I Dont like Datone Jones all that much an would personally stay away from him with our first two picks. He has been way over rated lately.

Another Interesting guy people have talked about more as a 3-4 DE is Ansah. I love his potentiel an view him as a better fit for the 4-3, But the idea of him playing the 5 technique is interesting. He is already a big risk as a DE in the 4-3 an feel he becomes a bigger one as a 3-4 DE because he would have to try an change the way he plays to an extent, add weight an learn even more then he would if he was in a 4-3, hes raw an needs more experience period. Id stay away from him if I wanted a 3-4 DE.

I had the same thought earlier in the draft process when Ansah looked like a guy who might be available for us. I'm starting to think that our staff likes raw prospects partially because of the value they present but also because they can be very easily molded the way we like them. They haven't played the game as long so all of the habits they have developed can be broken quicker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the amount of picks we have, I wouldn't mind trading up for Tavon Austin. He would add another layer to our offense that could potentially make it unstoppable.

kiltman on the sig
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This years draft game should be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Kenny Vaccaro,FS, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 2: Tyler Eifert,TE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Jesse Williams,DT, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 12: Tyrann Mathieu,CB, LSU (B)
Round 3 Pick 31: Le'Veon Bell,RB, Michigan State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Da'Rick Rogers,WR, Tennessee Tech (A-)
Round 4 Pick 34 (COMP): Khaled Holmes,C, Southern California (B+)
Round 5 Pick 24: Landry Jones,QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 7: Earl Watford,OG, James Madison (C)
Round 6 Pick 12: Caleb Sturgis,K, Florida (B)
Round 7 Pick 21: Michael Mauti,OLB, Penn State (F)
Round 7 Pick 40 (COMP): Quinton Dial,DT, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 46 (COMP): William Campbell,DT, Michigan (A)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too familiar with most guys in the 5-7 round range. But I tried to draft the first 4 rounds in a way I'd like to see it shake out come draft day. I was surprised to see some guys on the board as long as they were.

Forge wrote:
Patrick Willis has a slight fracture in his hand, but he won't miss any time, and Willis with a club is even scarier than normal Willis.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 98 of 101

Jump to: