Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II: Bengals War Room -- OTC @10:30 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so it's fair to say we aren't for that deal; I'm in agreement.

Branden Albert is on the block, asking price would be our second (#53) and our third (#84) or pick 37 and a fourth/fifth rounder. I think that's far too rich an asking price, especially in a class where the drop off from 21 to 53, let alone 37, isn't all that substantial.

Mathias Kiwanuka is another guy, our front office has really been trying to use the SLB as almost a rush LB, trying to get guys like Aaron Maybin and Dontay Moch to play the position. Kiwanuka would be an ideal fit there, asking price is a second or third rounder. I wouldn't wanna make a deal there, but just something to think about as well.

Is Anderson, Allen and Mays a fair trade block?
sparky151

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly don't need Albert.

Anderson, Allen, and Mays are fine for the trade block. I'd add Maualuga too Evil or Very Mad
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Michael Johnson & Carlos Dunlap up for trade?

R.I.P. Stylish
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Thompson/Devon Stills. Are you interested in trading either?

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
wrminning

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do the AG, or any other position, just let me know what you want me to do!
My interest to the trade interest is no, no, no and no. That said its hard to say until a offer is made!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Brandon Thompson/Devon Stills. Are you interested in trading either?

No interest in dealing either, both will be an integral part of our rotations along the d-line and they are young guys. Feel free to make an offer but it's unlikely that we will ever move them.
IDOG_det wrote:
Are Michael Johnson & Carlos Dunlap up for trade?

No to each of those - defensive line is our strength, we aren't looking to move young, talented, productive players only to create more holes on our roster.

wrminning, thanks for stepping up - you can be AGM.

We should start thinking about two things 1 - targets at pick 21, and 2 - whether we want to use code or not.
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, a deal right now that is being talked about is Anthony Collins and our third round pick (#84) for Roger Saffold and the Rams seventh round pick (#222).

Any opinions? I feel it might be undervaluing Collins some, but it's not an bad deal by any estimation. It fills a hole that currently exists, to an extent, at RT and Saffold is only 24. Frees us up to do more things at pick #21.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saffold. I like him. I can't imagine he'd get a third round pick plus a replacement player. I think he's better on the left side. I would be more interested in Collins and a 4 or 5, but I don't think it really is a perfect solution for the left tackle spot, so I'd pass.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Saffold. I like him. I can't imagine he'd get a third round pick plus a replacement player. I think he's better on the left side. I would be more interested in Collins and a 4 or 5, but I don't think it really is a perfect solution for the left tackle spot, so I'd pass.

I really tried to push for Collins plus a fourth for Saffold plus a seventh but it appears the Rams stance is that if they don't get the valuation they are looking for (early third round) they simply won't deal him. It's not as if they need to get rid of him.

The way I see it is Saffold is a twenty-four year old who can play on the left or even right side (we could even move Whit to RT if need be) and more importantly frees up this offseason to enable us to be more flexible in the draft. We won't be locked into taking a RT early in the draft, it'll enable us to maybe move around more (trade up or down based on who is available).

The only thing I will say is that this draft class is very deep in the second-fourth round area and the pick we are giving up is in the wheelhouse of the draft this year.

Also it looks like the seventh round pick is a sticking point as well. It may not be on the table, which would make the deal Saffold for Collins and pick 84.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd talk about moving Whit for an elite LT. Saffold is not elite. I'm not sure he's a true upgrade over Collins as a RT.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say no as well. Saffold isn't that great. I'd rather stick with what we have

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Saffold. Maybe the Pats will trade Marcus Cannon now that Vollmer has re-signed?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just roll with Collins at RT for now, and see what happens in the draft. I will say that I don't think Fluker is worth #21, not even in this draft.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Just roll with Collins at RT for now, and see what happens in the draft. I will say that I don't think Fluker is worth #21, not even in this draft.

Agreed. Plus Wharton can play RT as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright the consensus seems to be no to the deal. Which leaves us with a few questions. First, do we wanna use a code when talking about draft prospects? I'm fine either way so it's really what you guys want to do. We should also start discussing some options at 21.

To me we have clear needs at RT, LB (any of the three positions), S and RB. Those are needs that must be addressed and are currently holes on the roster. In order of how pressing they are, I'd say it goes LB, S, RB, RT. I think it's important to note that for FFMD I have Maualuga playing SLB and Taze playing MLB. Which would leave us with WLB as our biggest need at the LB position, and finding a three down backer who can play in our nickel packages is very important.

Depth needs and upgrades possible are at WR, Backup QB, KR and OG. All those position could use and impact player and depth guys who can provide us with solid backups but they certainly aren't pressing needs and should be addressed if we can find good value not otherwise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: