Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make a team that can contend for under 30 Million
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and according to hoopshype Iggles is about 1 million over the 30 million offer. I mean if you want I can go a million over and swap our Thompson for Stephen Curry as well.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
And I have Irving, Duncan, Leonard, and George
I'd take LeBron over all those players. Irving is really good but plays no D. Leonard and George are nice players, but they're pretty much complimentary players. Duncan is still good, but he's nowhere near the Duncan he used to be.

Yeah, I'll take the best player on Earth and the 2nd greatest player of all-time over those four guys.

Iggles wins.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Every team made that doesn't have LeBron James on it is not good, they would have no chance vs the LeBron teams.

Fail

PG: Ty Lawson ($2.54 million)
SG: James Harden ($5.82 million)
SF: Paul George ($2.57 million)
PF: Serge Ibaka ($2.25 million)
C: Larry Sanders ($2.00 million)

Bench:

Stephen Curry ($3.96 million)
Jrue Holiday ($2.67 million)
Kenneth Faried ($1.35 million)
J.R. Smith ($2.81 million)
Greivis Vasquez ($1.19 million)
Chandler Parsons ($0.89 million)
Kevin Serpahin ($1.80 million)

Legooo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Raves wrote:
And I have Irving, Duncan, Leonard, and George
I'd take LeBron over all those players. Irving is really good but plays no D. Leonard and George are nice players, but they're pretty much complimentary players. Duncan is still good, but he's nowhere near the Duncan he used to be.

Yeah, I'll take the best player on Earth and the 2nd greatest player of all-time over those four guys.

Iggles wins.

How did that work in Cleveland? LeBron's great, I won't deny it, but he's not unstoppable and when facing a good deep all around talented team he hasn't always produced and needed to have his teammates shoulder some of the burden. Even when he had big success in the playoffs in Cleveland he had guys that had big games that helped him burden the load. When the rest of his teammates didn't step up he did what he could but it wasn't enough.

LeBron last year had 2-3 other players that would constantly step up each game and produced 20+ points in their wins in the playoffs, without those productions they lose.

LeBron, as great as he is, can't do it all on his own. Michael Jordan couldn't do it all on his own. It took one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time as well as well as plenty of help to make his runs. NBA is all about match-ups. LeBron will be a mismatch and will score 30+ points, but it'll be tough against tough defense, both on the perimeter and down low when he drives, but the rest of the team won't be doing much.

You are mention that Kyrie doesn't play much D, well part of that is because he has to spend most of his energy playing offense as the Cavs don't have another proven scorer right now, Waiters has improved quite a bit but still has the rookie inconsistency, not to mention it's not like Scott really puts much emphasis on defense. When Irving has wanted/dedicated himself to defense mostly happens when someone else is also scoring, he's been disruptive. You add in coaching, I would take Coach K as my coach. Able to get players to play and understand their roles as well as play good defense.

Do you think the Heat would've won the championship last year if Chalmers didn't step up big time with multiple 20+ point games out of no where along with Wade finally stepping up for his own 20+ games as well. In those games when one of his other teammates stepped up big time they won, in the games where one of his teammates didn't step up, they lost.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Every team made that doesn't have LeBron James on it is not good, they would have no chance vs the LeBron teams.

Fail

Bench:

Stephen Curry ($3.96 million)
Jrue Holiday ($2.67 million)
Kenneth Faried ($1.35 million)
J.R. Smith ($2.81 million)
Greivis Vasquez ($1.19 million)
Chandler Parsons ($0.89 million)
Kevin Serpahin ($1.80 million)

Legooo

Interesting line-up. 4 PGs on the roster in Lawson, Curry, Holiday, and Vasquez and 3 2 very good SGs in J.R. Smith and Harden, even at 3/3 with Lawson/Holiday/Vasquez and Harden/Curry/Smith seems overkill. Might be best to use the cap from one of them to upgrade one of the starters. Not sure but maybe swapping out one of them could get you to DeMarcus Cousins from Larry Sanders which his improved offensive game as well as physical defensive game could prove beneficial and a better fit with Ibaka than Sanders.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Finnerception

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be using a lot of 2 PG backcourts and giving Harden and J.R. Smith a lot of their minutes at the 3. Hard to deal with that many scorers on one team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
How did that work in Cleveland? LeBron's great, I won't deny it, but he's not unstoppable and when facing a good deep all around talented team he hasn't always produced and needed to have his teammates shoulder some of the burden.
How is LeBron's time in Cleveland relevant at all? I don't recall him ever having anyone close to the caliber of Curry, Leonard, etc on any of those Cavs teams. He was surrounded by pure and utter garbage. A better comparison to make is LeBron on the Heat, surrounded by quality players and you see what those results are.

Quote:
LeBron, as great as he is, can't do it all on his own. Michael Jordan couldn't do it all on his own. It took one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time as well as well as plenty of help to make his runs. NBA is all about match-ups. LeBron will be a mismatch and will score 30+ points, but it'll be tough against tough defense, both on the perimeter and down low when he drives, but the rest of the team won't be doing much.
I seriously don't get how this is valid. LeBron is NOT ON HIS OWN, this IS NOT Cleveland all over again. Iggles put a very quality team around LeBron. He's not doing anything on his own in this case. You're seriously acting like Iggles team is this: Steve Blake, Gary Neal, Shane Battier, LeBron James and Earl Clark.

Quote:
You are mention that Kyrie doesn't play much D, well part of that is because he has to spend most of his energy playing offense as the Cavs don't have another proven scorer right now, Waiters has improved quite a bit but still has the rookie inconsistency, not to mention it's not like Scott really puts much emphasis on defense. When Irving has wanted/dedicated himself to defense mostly happens when someone else is also scoring, he's been disruptive. You add in coaching, I would take Coach K as my coach. Able to get players to play and understand their roles as well as play good defense.
Kyrie is actually pretty lousy on defense, no excuses. Guys like Westbrook, Paul, LeBron, Wade, etc also put TONS of effort on offense every night and still put up quality defense night in and night out. Kyrie is bad on defense because he gives a half-assed effort.

Quote:
Do you think the Heat would've won the championship last year if Chalmers didn't step up big time with multiple 20+ point games out of no where along with Wade finally stepping up for his own 20+ games as well. In those games when one of his other teammates stepped up big time they won, in the games where one of his teammates didn't step up, they lost.
Mario Chalmers scored about 10 PPG in last years Finals. He was very big in a game or two but would they have won the series without him? Yes. Other guys did step up, just like they would do with the teams Iggles created. I'm not sure why you keep bring up "LeBron needs help" when Iggles team is pretty damn good and LeBron would have all the help he needs. You want to talk about the Finals last year? LeBron is what we need to be talking about. He was Godly.

Anybody with a brain would take LeBron James over Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Leonard and a 36-37 year old Tim Duncan. LeBron James is the 2nd greatest player of all-time. This isn't even close.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:

LeBron James is better than all these guys combined. I would take him over your whole starting lineup.

In short, Iggles team is still the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Would be using a lot of 2 PG backcourts and giving Harden and J.R. Smith a lot of their minutes at the 3. Hard to deal with that many scorers on one team.

Understandable, but just swapping out one of them for a cheaper version, say Holiday for Isaiah Thomas could get you Cousins. Lawson/Curry/Harden/George/Cousins looks a lot better in that instance as not only can Cousins run the floor, defend, but also score himself. Also with Harden able to handle the ball pretty well himself, you can even run Curry/Harden/JR Smith/George/Cousins works very well also.

PG-Ty Lawson//Stephen Curry//Greivis Vasquez//Isaiah Thomas
SG-Harden//J.R Smith//Stephen Curry//Greivis Vasquez
SF-Paul George//Harden//Smith//Parsons
PF-Ibaka//Faried//George
C-Cousins//[/i]Ibaka[/i]//Seraphin

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Finnerception wrote:

LeBron James is better than all these guys combined. I would take him over your whole starting lineup.

You're obviously just trolling, so this is my last post responding to anything you think you know.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
Raves wrote:
I ended up using hoopshype salaries AA they are typically more accurate, and also higher.

Starters
PG-Kyrie Irving $5,530,080
SG-Kawhi Leonard $1,861,920
SF-Paul George $2,574,120
PF-Tim Duncan $9,638,554
C-Larry Sanders $1,991,760

Starts of pretty defensive minded with Irving, George, and Duncan as the primary go to scorers with Leonard able to hit spot ups. Outside of Irving the rest of the starting line up are all very good/great defenders.

Bench
SG-Klay Thompson $2,286,000
PG-Eric Bledsoe $1,707,720
PF-Kenneth Faried $1,348,800
SF-Chandler Pardons $888,260
SG/SF-Matt Barnes $854,389
PF/C-Kenyon Martin $429,516
PG-Derek Fisher $405,654

The bench has Klay Thompson coming off the bench first to add another scoring option at the guard spot, Bledsoe comes on to relieve Irving and add extra defense at the PG position, Faried is the primary big man backup as both starters are both capable of playing center, Parsons is added bench scoring as well, the rest are beta with experience.

Total Cap $29,516,763

That team is super deep but would have a lot of trouble guarding the perimeter

lol what? All the guards on that team are atleast decent at on ball defense. Leonard, George, Klay, and Bledsoe are all solid defenders. So is Barnes.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Finnerception wrote:

You're obviously just trolling, so this is my last post responding to anything you think you know.
How am I trolling? You're asking me would I rather have the 2nd greatest player of all-time or a bunch of really good/good players? I'm taking LeBron and then building a team around him.

Iggles team is easily better. Not sure how that's trolling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Not a chance. And when you have a second unit featuring Steph Curry, Jrue Holiday, Kenneth Faried, and J.R. Smith, it's not even close.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put both starting lineups up in one post and actually look at them. Iggles wins.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I wonder if you could make a team that WOULDN'T contend for a title even if you had a team salary of over 70-90 mil.

Call it the "all overpaid team" Laughing

Starters
PG-Rodney Stuckey ($8.5M)
SG- Francisco Garcia ($6.1M)
SF- Hedo Turkoglu ($11.8M)
PF- Carlos Boozer ($15M)
C- Nene ($13.5M)

Bench
Emeka Okafor ($13.5M)
Kris Humphries ($12M)
Richard Jefferson ($10.1M)
Stephen Jackson ($10.1M)
Andris Biedrins ($9.8M)
Jameer Nelson ($8.6M)
Luke Walton ($6.1M)

Payroll ~$125.1M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: