Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kempes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Kempes wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Kempes wrote:
What do you guys that work office jobs suggest about being sedentary?

As in, how often do you get up out of the chair? I feel like I'm rotting when I sit still for over an hour, I can't stand it.

What are your rules about chairs or items you can have at your desk?

Pretty relaxed I'd say...

After hearing that once you've been sat on your behind for longer than 20 minutes your body starts to produce toxins, I've been a total freak about sitting down.

I'd honestly stand up and type all day if they let me.

Could you elaborate?

Sorry for being so vague.... I'm not 100% sure but I think it will probably have been on the Joe Rogan podcast. I believe they were basically talking about how sitting down for long periods is literally killing you and I remember them saying that sitting for over 20 minutes will produce bad toxins in your body.

That's all I can remember but it stuck in my mind since.... I wish I could remember exactly when I heard it.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrototype wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
ThePrototype wrote:
My muscular endurance has really gone to ish on heavy compounds. Anything greater than like 4 reps feels like cardio

It feels like cardio because it is. 5 reps? You training for a marathon or what?
lol. every third week is a rep pr at a given percentage. Hit a 7 rep set on squats. Wtf was i thinking. 6 weeks of the 9 week cycle is strictly singles, doubles, and triples...aka the only good weeks of the cycle.

The only other time i do any sort of rep work is sunday when i do some bodybuilding accessory work just to look like I lift, but im thinking about scrapping that junk for an olympic lifting day. I need to get team USA weightlifting certified in the next few years...figured i should probably start actually doing them lmao

What kind of program are you on? Something you wrote yourself or something you can link?

Im looking towards trying something new when I get done with my "One more rep then yesterday" routine Laughing
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:

Sorry for being so vague.... I'm not 100% sure but I think it will probably have been on the Joe Rogan podcast.

While Joe Rogan is BOSS I probably wouldnt take anything he says on his podcast too seriously Laughing
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of going on morning walks with my puppy.

I'm fat and wanna look like a greek god. Sad

Sig bet
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrototype wrote:
The only other time i do any sort of rep work is sunday when i do some bodybuilding accessory work just to look like I lift, but im thinking about scrapping that junk for an olympic lifting day. I need to get team USA weightlifting certified in the next few years...figured i should probably start actually doing them lmao
Confused

So ... you want to do Olympic lifting and you're going to ... practice them? What is this? Allen Iverson is disappoint.

Let me guess, you probably squat, too. Bench and biceps curls, man. That's all you need. Stop wasting time. Chicks don't care about legs.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

do it

walks are a good start

El Ramster on the amazing work
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
Sorry for being so vague.... I'm not 100% sure but I think it will probably have been on the Joe Rogan podcast. I believe they were basically talking about how sitting down for long periods is literally killing you and I remember them saying that sitting for over 20 minutes will produce bad toxins in your body.

That's all I can remember but it stuck in my mind since.... I wish I could remember exactly when I heard it.
Prolonged sitting is harmful, apparently. Even bouts of moderate to vigorous exercise throughout the week don't do much to mitigate the harm.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Kempes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Sorry for being so vague.... I'm not 100% sure but I think it will probably have been on the Joe Rogan podcast.

While Joe Rogan is BOSS I probably wouldnt take anything he says on his podcast too seriously Laughing

I'm sure it was an episode where they had a guy from the health/nutrition field and it was him that said it. Joe just talked about it with him afterwards.
jyod21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

do it

walks are a good start

Agreed man. Everybody has to start somewhere, so you might as well start with something you enjoy and can handle. It's a marathon, Beanz, not a sprint.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

do it

walks are a good start

Agreed man. Everybody has to start somewhere, so you might as well start with something you enjoy and can handle. It's a marathon, Beanz, not a sprint.

A got dammm up hill battle!!

But it's fun yet so, so and so painful.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

do it

walks are a good start

And beaches love puppies... If you catch my drift

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah apparently you shouldn't be sitting any longer than 3 hours per day because your body stops burning calories, fat breaking enzymes drop by 90% and risk of diabetes increases 24% among other things. Couple articles I just read on it

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/01/how-sitting-all-day-is-damaging-your-body-and-how-you-can-counteract-it/
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-02/many-reasons-chair-killing-you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Yeah apparently you shouldn't be sitting any longer than 3 hours per day because your body stops burning calories, fat breaking enzymes drop by 90% and risk of diabetes increases 24% among other things. Couple articles I just read on it

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/01/how-sitting-all-day-is-damaging-your-body-and-how-you-can-counteract-it/
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-02/many-reasons-chair-killing-you

BS, I have been doing office work for 6 years.. Not to mention school for another 15 Laughing Laughing

All genes and health! It all relies on your health and diet. I know so many construction workers who have all those systems that you have mentioned. And those guys rarely sit.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
ThePrototype

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
ThePrototype wrote:
Confused

So ... you want to do Olympic lifting and you're going to ... practice them? What is this? Allen Iverson is disappoint.

Let me guess, you probably squat, too. Bench and biceps curls, man. That's all you need. Stop wasting time. Chicks don't care about legs.
Don't worry, that's my split after this cycle. Monday is chest, Tuesday is Arms, Wednesday is Chest and Arms, repeat Thursday through Saturday, and Sunday is 2 hours Cardio and Abs.
ThePrototype

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
ThePrototype wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
ThePrototype wrote:
My muscular endurance has really gone to ish on heavy compounds. Anything greater than like 4 reps feels like cardio

It feels like cardio because it is. 5 reps? You training for a marathon or what?
lol. every third week is a rep pr at a given percentage. Hit a 7 rep set on squats. Wtf was i thinking. 6 weeks of the 9 week cycle is strictly singles, doubles, and triples...aka the only good weeks of the cycle.

What kind of program are you on? Something you wrote yourself or something you can link?

Im looking towards trying something new when I get done with my "One more rep then yesterday" routine Laughing
It's Brandon Lilly's Cube Method. I bought the EBook. You could figure out the basis of it just by looking around different forums, or I can send it to you if you're interested. It's basically a Westside Variant but it doesn't have you chasing maxes so often; biggest reason why I like it. Its a 9 week cycle (10th week you retest maxes) and you rotate between Max Effort work, Speed work, and Rep Work. So an example week would like this:

Monday - Deadlift (ME) and Accessory work
Wednesday - Bench (Speed) and Accessory work
Friday - Squat (Rep) and Accessory work
Sunday - Bodybuilding Accessory work (OHP, Bicep Curls, Calf Raises, etc.)

The following week Deadlifts might be speed, Bench Rep, and Squat ME. And so on. My favorite program I've ever been on. You get the benefits of a westside conjugate based powerlifting program (little slower progression maybe) but there's more structure and you get more rep and accessory work so you can look like you lift (which is a big plus for me, regardless of common powerlifting belief).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 65 of 100

Jump to: