Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PLEASE DON'T, save the pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2203
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point if Geno makes it too us at #9 and we pass on him he could do the Rodgers free fall into the mid 20's as there aren't a lot of teams later in the draft looking for a QB.

I could see Geno dropping into the late 1st. The question is who who is gonna jump up and grab him. Maybe PHI would jump up a few spots to nab him.

At that point maybe we have an outside shot at Manuel in the 2nd. That would make me very happy if we landed EJ in the 2nd (I hope he makes it too us.)
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4257
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Willie wrote:
Malik wrote:
I have no idea why every is penciling in a 4 win season and a top 5 pick next season. Jesus. Like some Mets fans.


Because the team is horrible?


Have you LOOKED at the rest of the league though? The Lions and Raiders have been the only two recent teams that have been consistently terrible. You can't mark down a losing season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Dion Jordan with our 9th pick,
either Lacy or Bernard with the 2nd pick.
Mike Glenon in the 3rd round would be a steal but I know he will not be available by round 3.
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Revis4president


Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 164
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is not a horrible team. If this team drafts well this year and makes the right decision on Revis, we can be a playoff contender. When you look at our team on paper and see the glaring holes at S, OLB,G, TE.. you will think that we may have big problems. But the biggest reason why everyone assumes we will be horrible next year is because of our quarterback Mark Sanchez. We went 6-10 without Darrelle Revis, without Santonio Holmes, without Dustin Keller, Clyde Gates as a starting reciever for 3 games... and run straight shonn greene. Losing Landry and keller will hurt us but losing anyone else should not. Unless we are serious about moving Tebow to tight end or something then we need to get rid of him. For some reason im thinking Morhninweig told the jets that he could do something with tebow in his offense, because theres no way the jets are stupid enough to think that they can actually trade tebow.

Theoretically, Willie Colon when healthy is an upgrade over Moore at this point in time. When Colon was moved to guard for the steelers he dominated until his injury woes took over. In my eyes barring he stays healthy I could see that being a huge free agency signing. On the other side Slauson is not that good. Watching him on tape will show you that hes not the guy everyone thinks he his. Hes a great impact blocker and smart in space when hes swung but you could argue that the coaching staff felt more confident in Ducasse as the year went on. Ducasse will compete at guard but its boom or bust for him this year.

I myself feel that if we rode Powell out as the starter the rest of the year, we would have benefited alot more. I felt like Powell was our fastest back, most elusive back, and has a stronger ability to move through tight spaces than anyone we had. Greene took away Powells carries and Greene is a bruser back that wont last another 3 years in this league anyway. Sometimes after Greene ran someone over, I felt that he couldnt get himself up. Can you say brain damage maybe? Anyways Goodson, Powell, mcknight would be a fine tandem left alone. Id expect the jets to add someone late in the draft.

At wide reciever we failed miserably with depth. Jordan white was alright but couldnt catch the ball in preseason so he lost the confidence of the coaching staff till his injury. Stephen Hill was the same way. I for one believe that Stephen can make a very big jump this year. I think people are so worried about it but i wouldnt be. The only way we draft a wide reciever is if a guy like Keenan Allen or Patterson falls to the 2nd round at 7. Because they're talent is to good to pass up at that point but if anything you resign braylon and have hill and bray battle it out for that spot.

Tight end is our biggest offensive need right now. Cumberland is not that good. Hes a good guy to have for depth but hes just a below average guy that the jets think will be average i guess. Idk but we need to target at tight end from 2-4. I prefer 2 tight ends in the draft, one guy later on but Travis Kelce just keeps thriving. Hes an unbelievable blocker with the ability to catch passes too. He possesses both those intangibles that i dont think ertz, escobar, reed, or eifert possess. They all possess better ability running routes and catching passes than Kelce but Kelce isnt far from that. I wouldnt be suprised seeing Kelce taken in the 2nd round over a guy like Ertz.

right now we have two major holes at OLB and S. I believe that Josh Bush could start for the jets next year. That would leave one safety spot to be filled in the first 4 rounds. I want Kenny Vaccaro more than anything. If not him id take Cyprien. But we need to address the OLB position the most but we might not have the chance to get either unlesss we trade down. Either way. We do need to trade down once if we obtain 2 first round picks.


Based off who the jets have showed a majority of their interest in this offseason, this is the draft i expect to see from them with a darrelle revis trade that captures the 13th pick. I think this is extremely realistic.

My mock

1st round (9)- Dion Jordan/Jarvis Jones DE/OLB

1st round (13)- Kenny Vaccaro S

trade down (2/7) for (2/24, 3/24, 4/24)

2nd round (24)- Sylvester Williams DT

3rd round (7)- Ryan Nassib QB

3rd round (24)- Travis Kelce TE

4th round (7)- Barrett Jones G/T

4th round (24)- Brian Schwenke ( can play guard and center if mangold goes down)

5th round (7)- Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

6th round (7)- Josh Evans S Florida

7th round (7)- Wes Horton DE/OLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpy


Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Posts: 264
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your logic and I feel the TE position should be a major concern. I am a little skiddish with Jarvis Jones as a possible first pick. This Spinal Stenosis thing has me spooked. I was just wondering, if Eifert fell to the second round. Would you take him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4122
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
This team is not a horrible team. If this team drafts well this year and makes the right decision on Revis, we can be a playoff contender. When you look at our team on paper and see the glaring holes at S, OLB,G, TE.. you will think that we may have big problems. But the biggest reason why everyone assumes we will be horrible next year is because of our quarterback Mark Sanchez. We went 6-10 without Darrelle Revis, without Santonio Holmes, without Dustin Keller, Clyde Gates as a starting reciever for 3 games... and run straight shonn greene. Losing Landry and keller will hurt us but losing anyone else should not. Unless we are serious about moving Tebow to tight end or something then we need to get rid of him. For some reason im thinking Morhninweig told the jets that he could do something with tebow in his offense, because theres no way the jets are stupid enough to think that they can actually trade tebow.

Theoretically, Willie Colon when healthy is an upgrade over Moore at this point in time. When Colon was moved to guard for the steelers he dominated until his injury woes took over. In my eyes barring he stays healthy I could see that being a huge free agency signing. On the other side Slauson is not that good. Watching him on tape will show you that hes not the guy everyone thinks he his. Hes a great impact blocker and smart in space when hes swung but you could argue that the coaching staff felt more confident in Ducasse as the year went on. Ducasse will compete at guard but its boom or bust for him this year.

I myself feel that if we rode Powell out as the starter the rest of the year, we would have benefited alot more. I felt like Powell was our fastest back, most elusive back, and has a stronger ability to move through tight spaces than anyone we had. Greene took away Powells carries and Greene is a bruser back that wont last another 3 years in this league anyway. Sometimes after Greene ran someone over, I felt that he couldnt get himself up. Can you say brain damage maybe? Anyways Goodson, Powell, mcknight would be a fine tandem left alone. Id expect the jets to add someone late in the draft.

At wide reciever we failed miserably with depth. Jordan white was alright but couldnt catch the ball in preseason so he lost the confidence of the coaching staff till his injury. Stephen Hill was the same way. I for one believe that Stephen can make a very big jump this year. I think people are so worried about it but i wouldnt be. The only way we draft a wide reciever is if a guy like Keenan Allen or Patterson falls to the 2nd round at 7. Because they're talent is to good to pass up at that point but if anything you resign braylon and have hill and bray battle it out for that spot.

Tight end is our biggest offensive need right now. Cumberland is not that good. Hes a good guy to have for depth but hes just a below average guy that the jets think will be average i guess. Idk but we need to target at tight end from 2-4. I prefer 2 tight ends in the draft, one guy later on but Travis Kelce just keeps thriving. Hes an unbelievable blocker with the ability to catch passes too. He possesses both those intangibles that i dont think ertz, escobar, reed, or eifert possess. They all possess better ability running routes and catching passes than Kelce but Kelce isnt far from that. I wouldnt be suprised seeing Kelce taken in the 2nd round over a guy like Ertz.

right now we have two major holes at OLB and S. I believe that Josh Bush could start for the jets next year. That would leave one safety spot to be filled in the first 4 rounds. I want Kenny Vaccaro more than anything. If not him id take Cyprien. But we need to address the OLB position the most but we might not have the chance to get either unlesss we trade down. Either way. We do need to trade down once if we obtain 2 first round picks.


Based off who the jets have showed a majority of their interest in this offseason, this is the draft i expect to see from them with a darrelle revis trade that captures the 13th pick. I think this is extremely realistic.

My mock

1st round (9)- Dion Jordan/Jarvis Jones DE/OLB

1st round (13)- Kenny Vaccaro S

trade down (2/7) for (2/24, 3/24, 4/24)

2nd round (24)- Sylvester Williams DT

3rd round (7)- Ryan Nassib QB

3rd round (24)- Travis Kelce TE

4th round (7)- Barrett Jones G/T

4th round (24)- Brian Schwenke ( can play guard and center if mangold goes down)

5th round (7)- Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

6th round (7)- Josh Evans S Florida

7th round (7)- Wes Horton DE/OLB
Nassib won't make it to the 3rd, Barrett to the 4th, Stepfan to the 5th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46610
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpy wrote:
Tom Brady went in the 6th round I believe!

You can't expect to catch lightning in a bottle. In the past two decades, how many QBs have been drafted in the sixth round? How many have ended up being franchise QBs? Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck, and...?
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3130
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though Cumberland played well enough. He's a good receiver and should benefit from the new offense. I think he's going to be a solid player. They do need another TE but I don't think they need to spend a high pick on a TE.

As far as QB, I'd love to have Boyd next year but they may have to look at someone in the 2nd or 3rd round this season. Personally, a draft of OLB at 9 (I'd prefer Jordan or Mingo), EJ Manuel in the 2nd and a safety, I'm partial to Shaun Williams but there are quite a few safeties I like, in the 3rd would be solid.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5608
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want EJ in the 2nd ...honestly wouldnt mind givin up somethin late to jump the Eagles to take him if we feel the Eagles are really gonna take him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8541
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
Geno Smith


Geno was actually seen as like a borderline second last spring. Wasn't really until early this season he started being seen as a sure first round prospect, and Barkley/Wilson falling off just sort of cemented it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group